Something in between IE8 and CK10...
Aug 24, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #76 of 90
Well guys, I think I finally found the perfect earphones for me...at least for now! I've only been able to test them on a few songs, but from a first impression I like the signature sound, nice tight bass, not too boomy, and the trebles are quite detailed without sounding too bright, just what I was looking for. Now it fun time trying to find the most comfortable tips. At the moment the medium grey silicon seems to be the best fit and the most comfortable. I'm not sure if I can fit the missiles that Lucozade has on his
dt880smile.png

I think I'll give a go to the Shure olives as suggested by Joey as I tried them in the past and I found them quite comfy.
Well, thanks again guys. I'm poor again, but my ears are happy. Off to do some burn in
beerchug.gif

Aug 24, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #77 of 90

Quote:
Well guys, I think I finally found the perfect earphones for me...at least for now! I've only been able to test them on a few songs, but from a first impression I like the signature sound, nice tight bass, not too boomy, and the trebles are quite detailed without sounding too bright, just what I was looking for. Now it fun time trying to find the most comfortable tips. At the moment the medium grey silicon seems to be the best fit and the most comfortable. I'm not sure if I can fit the missiles that Lucozade has on his
dt880smile.png

I think I'll give a go to the Shure olives as suggested by Joey as I tried them in the past and I found them quite comfy.
Well, thanks again guys. I'm poor again, but my ears are happy. Off to do some burn in
beerchug.gif

Glad you seem to have found the ideal iem's for you! Also, I can totally relate to the poor but happy thing, bought a pair of Senn HD600's a few weeks ago along with a new road bike. 

Aug 24, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #78 of 90

Glad you seem to have found the ideal iem's for you! Also, I can totally relate to the poor but happy thing, bought a pair of Senn HD600's a few weeks ago along with a new road bike. 

The Hd600 are really nice. I bought a pair hd535 in 1992 in NY and they lasted 10 years of travelling around the world until they fell apart but they gave me many hours of happy listening. I have to say that for full size I now have a pair of Audio Techica Ath ad900.
What bike did you get?

Aug 24, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #79 of 90
I do really love the Senn HD600's, I can say that they are perfect for me, they sound exactly like I wanted them to and I couldn't be happier. The only thing I might do is get a Schiit Asgard amp as I heard it pairs very well with them.

As for the bike, I got a Specialized Allez Comp Series 2009

Aug 24, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #80 of 90
glad you are liking your w3 @gerbi , give those missiles a try ,they may blast you into audio heaven . 
L3000.gif

Quote:
dt880smile.png

beerchug.gif

They are very comfortable and really quite soft and remove all trace of sibilance i used to get on the w3 and sound great.@rarwster

Quote:
looks like an ear raping worse than going to an audiologist for impressions ;p

Aug 25, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #81 of 90

Quote:
I do really love the Senn HD600's, I can say that they are perfect for me, they sound exactly like I wanted them to and I couldn't be happier. The only thing I might do is get a Schiit Asgard amp as I heard it pairs very well with them.

As for the bike, I got a Specialized Allez Comp Series 2009

Nice bike! I'm tired just looking at it!!
I'm a maxi scooter fan so this is what I ride at the moment.
I just need to add the bluetooth kit to my helmet but that cash went into the W3
L3000.gif

Aug 25, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #82 of 90
Thanks! Nice scooter, like the front end that almost looks similar to that of a motorcycle. 

The bluetooth kit will come in time, need to rebuild those funds 
biggrin.gif
 happens to me all the time

Aug 25, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #83 of 90
I have been playing with the different tips provided with the W3 since I find that the grey ones even if they are comfortable they seem to add a bit of "echo" or coloration to the vocals, sorry can't really explaining it properly! I'm now trying the foams and it seems to partly alleviated the issue, I can't hear any differences in the highs as described in some posts, but that's probably my hearing. I'll try the Sure olives soon.

Aug 26, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #84 of 90
Bought some Shure olives today and strangely enough I don't find them that comfortable. The large Comply foams are still my favourite. Also bought my first amp, Nuforce imobile. I know that the Mustang P51 seems to be the most suggested but at the moment I can't stretch my budget that far (the Mrs would hit the roof!).

Aug 26, 2010 at 10:40 AM Post #85 of 90

Quote:
Bought some Shure olives today and strangely enough I don't find them that comfortable. The large Comply foams are still my favourite. Also bought my first amp, Nuforce imobile. I know that the Mustang P51 seems to be the most suggested but at the moment I can't stretch my budget that far (the Mrs would hit the roof!).

Wow, that's strange, I find the comfort of the olives to be the same as the Comply's.  The difference for me is that the olives let the treble come shining through, while the comply's seem to take the sparkle away.  As they say Your Mileage May Vary.

Aug 26, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #86 of 90

Quote:

Wow, that's strange, I find the comfort of the olives to be the same as the Comply's.  The difference for me is that the olives let the treble come shining through, while the comply's seem to take the sparkle away.  As they say Your Mileage May Vary.

I know, it's weird as they are quite soft but when they expand they seem to put pressure in my ear canal making them uncomfortable to wear. The foams instead seem softer. I don't hear much difference in the trebles with them, but as I said it could be my hearing. I will have time to sit down and do another test this weekend.

Aug 26, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #87 of 90
Gerbi; if you want to try something interesting, take one of your complies after they are to yucky to wear and strip the foam off the core then go to the SM3 thread and look for my (and a couple other posters) posts about using an extremely cheap foam earplug to create a new tip. The foam earplug I ended up using has a coating on it so it never suck any sound out of the IEM and they are the single most comfortable foam tip I have every used, even more comfortable than the original comply tips. I bought a pack of 8 of these earplugs for less than $5 which is a pittance compared to buying complies and I would say they last as long or longer than complies.

Aug 27, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #88 of 90

Quote:
Gerbi; if you want to try something interesting, take one of your complies after they are to yucky to wear and strip the foam off the core then go to the SM3 thread and look for my (and a couple other posters) posts about using an extremely cheap foam earplug to create a new tip. The foam earplug I ended up using has a coating on it so it never suck any sound out of the IEM and they are the single most comfortable foam tip I have every used, even more comfortable than the original comply tips. I bought a pack of 8 of these earplugs for less than $5 which is a pittance compared to buying complies and I would say they last as long or longer than complies.

Thank you Dweaver! I might use the core of one of the Shure as I had to buy a few (they came as a set). Thank you for the tip
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back