Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint
Nov 15, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #361 of 1,671
  Good sirs, how can you speak about which cable is better when i just throw to the recycle bin your whole vision about "high-end"??

I think you have the wrong sirs.  I doubt that anyone in this thread would advocate that cables have any meaningful difference.

These guys put the 'high-end' vision in the recycle bin a long time ago!

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #362 of 1,671
It doesn't necessarily. It all depends on whether the particular individual cares or not. Personally I don't. At least not at the end of the day when I'm simply enjoying music, which is what this is all about in the first place.

How on earth could you not care as "enthusiast" and manufacturer/seller of cables? I am thoroughly confused.
confused_face(1).gif

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #363 of 1,671
It doesn't necessarily. It all depends on whether the particular individual cares or not. Personally I don't. At least not at the end of the day when I'm simply enjoying music, which is what this is all about in the first place.

What have you been listening to lately? I just got word that a new Ry Cooder box set is on its way to me from Amazon.de. Every one of his albums remastered. His stuff was always fun and sounded good. I'm hoping it will be as good as the Joni Mitchell European box set. (Into the Purple Valley is my favorite.)

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #364 of 1,671
How on earth could you not care as "enthusiast" and manufacturer/seller of cables? I am thoroughly confused.
confused_face(1).gif

My grandma knitted sweaters, but I never saw her wear one.

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #365 of 1,671
How on earth could you not care as "enthusiast" and manufacturer/seller of cables? I am thoroughly confused. :confused_face(1):  

Because when it comes to the enjoyment of reproduced music, I'm a subjectivist. And in that regard, I only care about what gives me the greatest pleasure, regardless of how it may come about. What's so confusing about that?

se

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #367 of 1,671
I only care about what gives me the greatest pleasure, regardless of how it may come about.

Oh man! If that isn't the set up for a dirty joke, I've never heard one!

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #368 of 1,671
What have you been listening to lately? I just got word that a new Ry Cooder box set is on its way to me from Amazon.de. Every one of his albums remastered. His stuff was always fun and sounded good. I'm hoping it will be as good as the Joni Mitchell European box set. (Into the Purple Valley is my favorite.)

I'm all over the place. Lately it's been Lorde, Yello, Ahmad Jamal, Elvis Costello, Ray Barretto, Robin Thicke, C2C, Poncho Sanchez, Kid Rock...

se

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #369 of 1,671
No girls?!

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #372 of 1,671
Good day, anyone. Sorry for posting not long before in the same thread. The idea of this post slightly differs.

I'm humbly inviting all the sceptic good sirs to develop the idea of (low/medium/high-end placing of head-fi oriented products) objectiveness (the point of the scepticism philosophy) by discussing my threads with the very same main plot.
I would be very-very happy if you just spend some time learning new things in my thread!
Links are below:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/690441/the-need-of-in-depth-sound-science-objectiveness-intro-to-the-sound-science-wall-of-text-thread
http://www.head-fi.org/t/690471/theorycrafting-the-perfect-amp

Thanks for the attention!

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #374 of 1,671
I think you have the wrong sirs.  I doubt that anyone in this thread would advocate that cables have any meaningful difference.

These guys put the 'high-end' vision in the recycle bin a long time ago!

Oh, very nice, but why didn't you CLEAR IT OUT for the community?? Didn't Head-fi do much for you? Or did you have lack of perseverance/will/didactic_skills?

I'm just trying to say I'm going to make everyone know what REAL HIGH-END (Sound science MYTHBUSTING) is and every new "choose of the product" will be adjusted accordingly!! FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

If you, good sirs, are interested, the link is in my forum signature below this post.

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #375 of 1,671
Are you interested in sound or self promotion? just curious. Ego seems more important than ears around here sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back