Sinlgepower Silver or Black
Aug 24, 2006 at 7:05 AM Post #47 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by vinyl addict
I've always liked the look of yellow gold.

Here you go:
sideGold.jpg

Aug 24, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #48 of 116
What a paradox between Mikhail’s modest presence and the visual options the company offers.
smily_headphones1.gif
Make my SP black, or perhaps that gun-metal.

That said, I have always had a weak spot for the lustre of polished aluminium...

Aug 25, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #50 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack
Pink isn't going to happen.

I'm narrowing it down to black or chrome.

More importantly, what features would you incorporate into a reference, custom, cost-no-object SS amp?.... other than tubes, you tube freaks.

1) anti theft measures, maybe some jacks for a laptop lock
2) the same ruby buttons used on a vertu handphone
3) sapphire crystal lcd display
4) Titanium Chasis to make it as portable as possible

Aug 25, 2006 at 2:29 PM Post #52 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N
Has anyone got pics of the gunmetal version?

I don't think there is one. I believe this would be the first singlepower gunmetal amp.

Aug 25, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #53 of 116
gunmetal would look like an anodized aluminum/titanium finish correct (not shiny)? that would look hot.

Aug 30, 2006 at 5:51 PM Post #54 of 116
Haven't decided on the color yet, but I am having this designed with 2 completely separate circuits, so that one path will be completely pure and the other will have options for some fun. I'll use Qualia's on the pure path as a reference tool.

Aug 31, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #55 of 116
OK, here are the initial plans:

Reference Section includes:

12 Mosfet per channel output running high dissipation class A
High efficiency cooling system for output devices and differential circuits.
All Mosfets matched in phase sections and in all four channels
Teflon milled boards for each output device.
Tanatulm Nitride resistors.
All associated transistors matched in phase and in all four sections
All resistors matched to within .01% using Rhoderstien resistors
Balanced configuration in four separate monoblock units
NX top grade, Black Gate capacitors in audio section
Shiltech wiring on signal paths and connection paths
Teflon milled dividers and insolators for siganl path connections
One absoute direct path input XLR inputs for balanced, Two XLR inputs selectable with a disconnect switch for direct path.
Two sets of preamp outputs balanced. One set for reference output, one for tunable circuit. Second set is switchable between reference section, and tunable circuit.
Gold Neutrik XLR input and output connectors
Two sets of S/E input jacks, can be bridged for S/E high power, or run as 4 channels S/E.
Cardas Rhodium GFRA S/E input jacks for SE operation, one set for reference section and one set for tunable section.
One single ended headphone jack.
Audio Note silver preamp section coupling capacitors.
Singlepower designed stepped attenuators for volume control.

Tuneable Circuit (i.e. the "colorable" section) includes:

18 Mosfet per channel output running high dissipation class A, three seperate banks for adjusting power output and sonics, selectable.
High efficiency cooling system for output devices.
All Mosfets matched in phase sections and in all four channels
Teflon milled boards for each output device, and differential circuits.
Tanatulm Nitride resistors.
All associated transistors matched in phase and in all four sections
All resistors matched to within .01% using Rhoderstien resistors
Balanced configuration in four separate monoblock units
NX top grade, Black Gate capacitors in audio section
Shiltech wiring on signal paths and connection paths
Audio Note silver preamp section coupling capacitors, three value selections for adjusting sonics.
Selectable biasing switch for operating output sections and differential devices at 5 selecatable levels.
Input section freqeuncy response adjustment selector switch with 6 selecatable levels.
Two XLR inputs selectable as listed above with direct disconnet as above in reference section, one set for both sections.
Two sets of preamp outputs balanced. One set for reference output, one for tunable circuit. Second set is switchable between reference section, and tunable circuit.
Gold Neutrik XLR input and output connectors
Two sets of S/E input jacks, can be bridged for S/E high power, or run as 4 channels S/E
Cardas Rhodium GFRA S/E input jacks for SE operation, one set for reference section and one set for tunable section.
One single ended headphone jack.
Digital stepped attenuator volume control, with digital display.

Power Supply:

Four isolated separate power supplies in a separate single power section chassis
Large NX top grade Black Gate power supply capacitor sections in power supply
4 each Plitron transformers for power supply sections
Very tight regulation for each monoblock power supply section
Audio Note shunt capacitors for regualtion circuit
Eight regulated output sections for each circuit.
V-Cap Teflon capacitors for final regulation stage shunt devices.
High efficiency power supply heat transfer coupling material
Custom milled heat sinks for output devices, these are part of the milled side panels of the chassis.
Hard Gold power connector contacts.
Shiltech wiring for all power supply paths
High current, low resistance Shiltech umbilical cables.

Chassis:

Center Deck 1/4" milled separator between reference circuit and output circuits.
Isolation chambers for each power supply section internally
Black Diamond racing carbon fiber feet for power supply and coupling spikes for audio section.

Only thing left is to decide on the color combination.

Aug 31, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #56 of 116
[size=medium]You guys are all going insane!!!!![/size]

3 pages and nobody asked about any details of the amplifier circuits, components, prices?
blink.gif
blink.gif

I don't get it, people always making tousands of questions if the topic of a thread is a simple ppx3 which has alreadu tousands of thread about it.
This amp will probably be on level with the Dynahi and headroom max and you just keep speaking about the fregging color? Something's really wrong here............

That said, I would choose with black!!!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Aug 31, 2006 at 11:30 PM Post #57 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos
[size=medium]You guys are all going insane!!!!![/size]

3 pages and nobody asked about any details of the amplifier circuits, components, prices?
blink.gif
blink.gif

I don't get it, people always making tousands of questions if the topic of a thread is a simple ppx3 which has alreadu tousands of thread about it.
This amp will probably be on level with the Dynahi and headroom max and you just keep speaking about the fregging color? Something's really wrong here............

That said, I would choose with black!!!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

In all fairness to our fellow head-fi nuts, my original post was about color choices. People don't seem to get so excited about SS amps either. For me, I just can't wait for tubes to warm up anymore b/c I primarily use headphones for quick reference checks. I think the most interesting aspect of this amp will be the fact that there will be a pure reference section and a variable "fun" section... and the fact that it will look like your typical Singlepower museum piece.

Aug 31, 2006 at 11:40 PM Post #58 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack
In all fairness to our fellow head-fi nuts, my original post was about color choices. People don't seem to get so excited about SS amps either. For me, I just can't wait for tubes to warm up anymore b/c I primarily use headphones for quick reference checks. I think the most interesting aspect of this amp will be the fact that there will be a pure reference section and a variable "fun" section... and the fact that it will look like your typical Singlepower museum piece.

My post wasn't to be taken seriously. I just tought strange that nobody cared about the insides of the amp.
wink.gif

Sep 1, 2006 at 12:55 AM Post #59 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos
My post wasn't to be taken seriously. I just tought strange that nobody cared about the insides of the amp.
wink.gif

Hey, when the #1 head-fi poster in all of Portugal speaks, I take it seriously.
wink.gif

Sep 1, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #60 of 116
The Silver one just takes my heart away....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back