Since they are now official: Nano 4G and iPod Touch 2G Sound Quality Thread
Nov 24, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #451 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting.

There is such a wide variety of opinions on the iPod Touch 2G sound quality that I don't know who to believe. Ahh!

Really? I thought most people thought it had very good SQ.

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #452 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? I thought most people thought it had very good SQ.

It sounds amazing to me, it's just maybe a hair below new sony S series and zune, with sansa fuze 3rd. Sony has a little more bass- treble, but touch 2g is ultra quiet with iems. Anyways would be perfect if they get the apple lossless skipping fixed.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 24, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #453 of 461
Anyone can confirm that the new firmware for Ipod Touch change the sound quality? It seems my Ipod Touch (1st gen) has bigger and punchier bass; and bigger sound stage than before. I'm using my Denon C551 btw. So can anyone confirm that apple do something to the sound quality with the new firmware?

Nov 24, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #454 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting.

There is such a wide variety of opinions on the iPod Touch 2G sound quality that I don't know who to believe. Ahh!

Go, and test for yourself
normal_smile .gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #455 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by psikey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Took your advice & the Shure Adapter arrived today.

I can confirm it works great with the 2nd gen Touch. Even with the Touch in sleep mode, if I press the button on the adapter it starts the music from sleep without having to do anything else with the Touch(screen stays off). As you said, single press play/pause and double press skip to Next track. Are you sure it also does Back a track???

Does the Shure Adapter button work with other iPods, like the Nano and the Video/Classic? I've been looking for a decent play/pause remote for a long time and this would be great if it indeed worked. Thanks.

Nov 29, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #456 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milk and Coffee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cannot comment on this one but the new Sony S638F sounds on par with the new iPod Touch 2G/Nano 4G. The main difference is the little bass emphasis of the Sony.

this comment stunned me.. can anyone verify this claim??

i compared a 4g nano vs a 2g itouch and found the nano to have a more 'airy' or 'lighter' sound vs the itouch.. iv never heard a 638f yet but was certain it should sound far better with what ive been reading on headfi...

Mar 15, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #457 of 461
Newby here. I have the 2g and am quite impressed with the sound thru my super-fi 5 pros. It doesn't push my K-701s that well so I've purchased a qables LOG interconnect and after some extended searching have decided to try the Little Dot MK1+. Has anyone tried this particular set-up?

Apr 16, 2009 at 10:28 AM Post #459 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by shinburger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone can compare the iPod g5.5 to the g4 nano?
Hows the sq?

The 4G Nano sounds much much better than the 5.5G iPod Video. More juicy, clearer, much better bass.

Apr 16, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #460 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milk and Coffee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 4G Nano sounds much much better than the 5.5G iPod Video. More juicy, clearer, much better bass.

Thanks Heaps!
Gonna go down and try it out tomorrow.
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back