Simple KSC75 to Headband Mod, Easy As Pie (Pics, 56k, maybe..)
Jan 16, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #152 of 267
First look to see how the clips are attached -- they pivot and can move back and forth. They aren't glued but held in place by a clamping effect. Where they appear attached lift off with good finger pressure under the clip (index finger and thumb). Maybe ever so gently rocking the clip so it will be pulled over little ridges (on the outer side of the two little plastic holders connected to the driver) that holds the clip in place. The clip will suddenly snap loose. I wish I had a digit camera to show you but I think you'll get the idea if you study how the clamping of the driver and the clip is done. Hope this is helpful.

Jan 17, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #154 of 267
Yes, the headphone band clicks into the KCS35s drivers. It's an exact fit like they were made for each other. The headphones I used were purchased from Parts Express at $1.99 plus shipping. The drivers on those phones separate from the headband the same way the KCS35 drivers separate from the clips. In fact if you're hesitant to try it on the KCS35s do the separating on the cheap phones first then you'll see how to do it with the KCS35.

Feb 21, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #155 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4u /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, the headphone band clicks into the KCS35s drivers. It's an exact fit like they were made for each other. The headphones I used were purchased from Parts Express at $1.99 plus shipping. The drivers on those phones separate from the headband the same way the KCS35 drivers separate from the clips. In fact if you're hesitant to try it on the KCS35s do the separating on the cheap phones first then you'll see how to do it with the KCS35.

so i was looking for a headband for the ksc75's. will these fit the them?

Parts Express:Mini Headphones

Feb 21, 2008 at 7:04 AM Post #156 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisplyr3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so i was looking for a headband for the ksc75's. will these fit the them?

Parts Express:Mini Headphones

Yep those are the ones.

I've looked at Family Dollar, a few other dollar stores, Target, and Walmart. The original headphones seem to no longer be available.

How much is shipping from P.E.? I'd really like a pair but last time I looked into it the shipping was rediculous.

Feb 21, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #157 of 267
I got two pairs of those mini from P.E. for under $8 shipped 1st class.

Feb 21, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #158 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by ishtob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found a green one with the irish airlines on ebay:
here

I bought 3 pr of the 75s this past week while they were on sale @ RadioShack for $14.99 (not all for me: 1 for my daughter & 1 for my girlfriend). I'm going to get 2 pr of those from PE, but was thinking, ishtob, that maybe I'd go all out on the 3rd set & get the Irish Airlines green ones on ebay. The question though is...how is the fit & the clamping pressure with those? Or did you just see them on ebay & not actually buy 'em?

Feb 22, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #160 of 267
Feb 22, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #163 of 267
i still can't seem to find the headphone band separately anywhere. hmmm... partsexpress didn't seem to have them. i don't like how the metal part in the headband from partsexpress protrudes when the band is shortened... anyone know where i can buy a head band by itself relatively cheaply from within the us that looks like this?
finished.jpg

Feb 22, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #165 of 267
I've busted my ass at all the local shops. I think P.E. is one of your last options, yeah they will probably be really ugly with the protruding metal.

A few pages back someone suggested that JetBlu may have some that they give out for free, too bad I go to the airport on the average of .5 times per year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back