Simple KSC75 to Headband Mod, Easy As Pie (Pics, 56k, maybe..)
Mar 19, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #256 of 267
Mar 20, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #257 of 267
If the wires are still connected, you can use a stereo source to test which is left or right by listening.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTvJoYnpeRQ

If the wires aren't connected,  you can use a multimeter set on continuity mode to test the jack's tip is connected to the left, and the ring is connected to the right (sleeve is ground and is connected to both).

Hope this helps!

Mar 21, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #258 of 267
  If the wires are still connected, you can use a stereo source to test which is left or right by listening.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTvJoYnpeRQ

Hope this helps!

You're a life saver! I figured out that I put the ear pieces on the wrong sides into the headband. I'm not sure what this would do though over the long term? Would I start hearing Satanic subliminal messages?

Oct 22, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #259 of 267
You're a life saver! I figured out that I put the ear pieces on the wrong sides into the headband. I'm not sure what this would do though over the long term? Would I start hearing Satanic subliminal messages?

Hello my headband came in today from gp-net SYSTEM. I can finally use my Koss headphones and the sound quality is so much better. However, this design with the metal looks just as cheap as it did when they were first introduced with the walkman.

A suggestion...... has anybody thought of a cushion to cover the band? I found this....
Headband Cushion Comfort pad for SENNHEISER HD545 HD580 HD600 HD650 Headphones
Headband Cushion Comfort pad....“Fit most headphone models“

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...ad-universal-fit-replacement-headband.621692/

Any ideas welcome mod.2!

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #261 of 267
Does anyone know of a better quality headband than the one Parts Express used to sell? I'm looking to upgrade.
You could go for a Portapro headband swap. Can get various colours or cheaper fakes just for the headband.

Dec 20, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #263 of 267
Found a decent source for that cheapo headband. Less than $5 shipped. If the link doesn't work, Google "sound lab headphones".

Also, if you have a Aiaiai Tracks headphone lying around, that band might work too.

****Update****: Apparently Soundlab updated their model or something because they don't fit the KSC75 anymore. You can't detach the drivers from the headband. At least don't buy the ones on Juno! They're not the same headphones as on the picture. The headphones I got look like these

soundlab-lightweight-stereo-black-pad-headphones-main-800x800.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #266 of 267
I have a portapro headband I can list in the for sale section, but they sound better on the cheap parts express style headband.
I find they sound better, are more comfortable and durable on the Portapro headband. The KSC75 is thicker so I have to go one step lighter on the adjustment than I would if Portapro drivers were attached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back