Simple KSC75 to Headband Mod, Easy As Pie (Pics, 56k, maybe..)
Jun 26, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #136 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by TonePusher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went to a few local targets to purchase that headphone in your link but couldn't find any
mad.gif
. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Nope
frown.gif
Target nope Walmart nope Radioshack nope...
I'll check out Big Lots when I have time. It might be there, considering that Big Lots is big on selling cheap junk
tongue.gif

I hope they have it because I'll have to use these KSC 75s for a while (till I can get IEMs which will be a long way off because like I said earlier, I need to save up for a better guitar amp)

Jun 26, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #137 of 267
Did a Walmart stop to get the PR-355, a whopping $5 purchase to strip out a 5 cent part. It works well, this mod make these cans much more enjoyable.

The radio it comes with is very much a throwback to Kennedy-era radio technology, when the transistor first came to fore in consumer goods. Its got an extendable antenna! Holy cow, even the schematics to build this radio haven't been dusted off in 30 years. It must have cost them all of $1 to make, which includes the container voyage. Gotta hand it to Walmart for figuring how to sell stuff worth just about zero for just slightly more than zero.

Jul 14, 2007 at 4:43 AM Post #139 of 267
Hey everyone,

I walked into a Rite Aid today hoping to find a pair of headphones I could attach my KSC 75's to. To my complete shock and surprise, I discovered the exact same headphones discussed in this thread!
blink.gif

The headphones were sold with a Vextra VX2093 AM/FM radio. If you're still looking for a KSC 75 headband, give your local Rite Aid a try

*EDIT*
So this is actually my first post, but I've been around here for awhile now :p I feel sorry for my wallet already

Jul 26, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #140 of 267
This may sound like a stupid question, but how do you get the clips off the KSC75? I literally opened them up about 10 minutes ago and don't want to break them.

Jul 27, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #143 of 267
HERE is my headband mod...

its not easy as pie... lots of work....but at least it has a headband now
biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #144 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by mADmAN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HERE is my headband mod...

its not easy as pie... lots of work....but at least it has a headband now
biggrin.gif

Whooo boy, that's A LOT of pics.
biggrin.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #145 of 267
Thanks for a great mod, will need to visit a Wally's tomorrow.

This might be a true giant killer !

Nov 9, 2007 at 7:52 AM Post #146 of 267
Unfortunately, my Wal-Mart has substituted buds for the headphones. I just went to the Parts-Express website and ordered three of them (I already bought a Durabrand and found it flimsy so I figured with three of them I'd be OK). Plus I think I'll make a pair for my daughter.

Jan 4, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #150 of 267
I had KCS-35s lying around for years. I got a couple of the Parts Express Mini Headphones and fitted in the 35s. I fiddled awhile as wasn't sure how the drivers snapped off and didn't want to break or damage them. However, once I saw they were connected it was easy to do. Make sure when you're fitting in the 35s drivers that the cord is facing down. Otherwise you'll have to remove the drivers and rotate them so that the cord is down. Not a problem, it's just me -- always bungling the simplest jobs. By the way the sound in the new headbands is just as good as they were in the clip-ons but the fit is much more comfortable than with the awkward clip-ons. I love them -- my new favs. Can listen for long periods without pressure or sweating. With the other Mini phones I may just buy a pair of KCS-75s to mod for a backup pair. Others may commented in this thread but the headband is not firm enough for working out or jogging with. -- as I see it.

Thanks to the DIY genius' for posting this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back