May 13, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #31 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by kodreaming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great idea. Although, I don't qualify for the GS 1000. But, the loaner program is great for the community.

You don't qualify yet, but you already have 240 posts and by the time August rolls around, you might well be at the 500 mark thereabouts. I hope to have the headphones circulate forever if possible. So if someone does not qualify immediately, keep this programme in the back of your mind so that once you do meet the criteria, if you are still curious, you can sign up.

Perhaps what I can do is have two separate lists, a "waiting" list of those that will soon qualify but don't yet, and a list of those that do and therefore can receive the headphones.

May 13, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #33 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomzDayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'd like to see how the sr60 compares with ksc75, as well as my hd25/dt880, but i don't know if i have time this summer

regardless, kudos to the program

IF you don't have time this summer, sign up for the fall instead. I'll simply bump you down the list until you do have time to have a listen.

May 13, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #34 of 223
It sure would be nice to be able to try some RS1's. Those are probably more in my price range. If I save for a while. RS2's would be interesting to hear too.

May 13, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #35 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphonejunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sure would be nice to be able to try some RS1's. Those are probably more in my price range. If I save for a while. RS2's would be interesting to hear too.

All in good time.

May 13, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #36 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in Ottawa.

Great! Now I just need an excuse to drive by Ottawa! Maybe visiting my brother in Gatineau...
rolleyes.gif

May 13, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #37 of 223
This is a great idea Zanth.

I took part in a similar loner programme last year on avforums in the uk, organised by StevieDvd who is also a member here. It proved very successful and gave the 7 of us on the list the chance to try out the HD650, K701 RS1 & a woodied MS1 in the comfort of our own homes for a week, all for the price of postage and writing up a small review on our impressions.

As a result of it i bought my first decent pair of headphones the HD650 and i haven't looked back since
biggrin.gif

I'd be very interested in taking part when the European tour begins and im sure i could find something to loan out.

May 14, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #39 of 223
Hmmm, I forgot to encourage folks to submit a small writeup for the site, this would be the most beneficial to the site as we would have an expanded membership with experience with headphones in their own system. I'll have to add that.

May 14, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #44 of 223
Yeah, that is kind of abusive to use the return policy to try out stuff. It's like those people buying a camera, making a movie and then returning them... I seem to recall Beasty Boys doing that, or encouraging their fans to do so, can't recall anymore...

Dishonest all the same.

May 14, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #45 of 223
I'll take Todd the Vinyl Junkie or Headroom as an example...both are pretty tiny outfits when comparing to major online retailers. These places offer a 30 day money back guarantee on most if not all their headphones. When they "sell" someone an item in their mind they are actually selling the item to the buyer not "loaning them out." Once they are returned and re-shelved they can never be sold again as new headphones. They are now "B stock" and as such these places immediately lose profit. They of course hope that the person won't send them back and in most cases I would assume they don't have to take back stock.

It sickens me when I read people boasting about taking advantage of good people. It takes all kinds I guess
rolleyes.gif

I hope Todd, Tyll and others who run online shoppes catch wind of this thread and blackball headphones from ever buying from their companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back