May 13, 2008 at 3:55 AM Post #16 of 223
I always wanted to hear one of the better Grados. I do have a dubious character though and would need to borrow a camera.

May 13, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #17 of 223
It's funny I was thinking about this the other day. My friend has a pair of grados HF-1, a DIY amp and a DENON DCP-150 and has asked me if I wanted to try them. I told him no thanks. I know I'm responsible with all my things but the thought of something happening bothered me! (SH$T HAPPENS) So that being said I to would love to try ether headphones but will wait for the next Head-fi meet. I missed it last time in New York. I was so heated to!! But hopefully I can make it next year! I to would like to contribute by having my own gear and bringing it to the meet. I think that the Head-Fi community will very thankful for your Headphone Loan Program.Maybe some will hop on this and will donate headphones for the program. (For different varieties) Just a thought!
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #18 of 223
what is going to be the penalty, lets say for accidental damage or anything like that???

great idea
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #22 of 223
Having spent a lot of time with both.... I think we need to eventually make this a thread with the big boys from each company.

I was thinking one k701, one DT770/880, k240M, a900, D2000, ES7, D1000, HD580/600, HD25.

Those are all in the $200 or less range.

Having some portable amps going around would also be a good idea.
I think that a standard tomahawk and a Headsix in high gain would be a goo idea.

The best thing is that we may be able to get manufacturers to pitch in on this effort and offer reduces or free wares.

May 13, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #23 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by dakkar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! What an amazing opportunity! Unfortunately for me, I'm in between requirements... Not a big member enough for the GS1000, and I have no need of the SR60 as I already bought them based on the head-fi forum!

If you do run out of Canadian (Montreal) homes for those babies, let me know!

Thanks for the program, hopefully it will be successful!

BTW, what would be the lending lenght? 1 week? 2 weeks?

2 Weeks. As for your situation, have you ever heard the GS-1000's? How about the PS-1's or RS-1's? If not you are welcome to come over to my place to have a listen. I'm only about an hour away
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #24 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is going to be the penalty, lets say for accidental damage or anything like that???

great idea
biggrin.gif

Accidents happen and that is fine. What I don't want are people wearing the phones outside etc. But if something does happen we will deal with that when the time comes. The person would have to ship them to Grado to get repaired, I think that is only fair, as for the cost of the repairs, I suppose it would depend on how much damage there is. Grado is usually quite generous with fixing some of the cheaper problems but new drivers etc may cost. At that point it seems to me that the person who broke them ought to pay for the repairs.

May 13, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #25 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having spent a lot of time with both.... I think we need to eventually make this a thread with the big boys from each company.

I was thinking one k701, one DT770/880, k240M, a900, D2000, ES7, D1000, HD580/600, HD25.

Those are all in the $200 or less range.

Having some portable amps going around would also be a good idea.
I think that a standard tomahawk and a Headsix in high gain would be a goo idea.

The best thing is that we may be able to get manufacturers to pitch in on this effort and offer reduces or free wares.

This is my longterm goal for sure. Before I approach companies, I want to be sure this programme is working out. If not, it would be quite a bit of leg work to get the phones only to have to return them. For now, I have 4 pairs on the move, perhaps by end of year I'll have 4x as many traveling through two continents.

May 13, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #27 of 223
id love, but do not qualify for, the gs1000 down to the rs2s and 325s, the sr60 isnt really worth the hassle, would be better to buy and sell

would love the sa5000, k701, d5000, hd650 etc and others that are around £300-£150 ($600-$300) used that i could possible buy

a pico would be good and other such porttable amps, cheap to post too and good adverting for the maker

May 13, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #28 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2 Weeks. As for your situation, have you ever heard the GS-1000's? How about the PS-1's or RS-1's? If not you are welcome to come over to my place to have a listen. I'm only about an hour away
smily_headphones1.gif

Seriously?!
smily_headphones1.gif
Where about? I might consider dropping by!
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

May 13, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #29 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what's the purpose of the photos of the box/address. i don't get that.

As I described in the original post, the pictures are a means of tracking the condition of everything including the box. If the shipper did not package the unit properly before shipping and a claim was sent and denied, we would know it was not the fault of USPS etc, but rather the shipper for improper packaging. As for the address, it ensures that the sending and return addresses were indeed correct in the event of a lost package. A digital pic can be uploaded in seconds, getting me copies of all the paper work takes quite a bit longer as I don't have a fax machine and don't want to start using the one at work for person projects.

May 13, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #30 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by dakkar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously?!
smily_headphones1.gif
Where about? I might consider dropping by!
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

I'm in Ottawa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back