Shozy Zero IEMs
May 22, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #841 of 1,545
I am not actually. Got confused with "Spiral dots", that's what I always use with IEMs.

Hey nmatheis, sorry for the confusion about the tips, hard to keep track sometimes... Never heard the Spin fits.  You should try the Spiral dots if you ever get a chance.
Bought the Zen 2.0 because of you but received Zero same day and the Zero are kinda stilling the show!!!

Yup, I've got Spiral Dots and will give those a go, too. Much different than SpinFit, I imagine.

Drive those Zen 2.0 hard, and you'll be rewarded :wink:

May 22, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #842 of 1,545
And there you have it :). Killer of giants :p

Seriously, I really like them both. Especially with the S6 the FX850s bass is well controlled.

May 22, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #843 of 1,545
Drive those Zen 2.0 hard, and you'll be rewarded
wink.gif

Zen 2.0 are certainly BIG sounding earbuds with the mojo! For me, they work better on certain styles/recordings than others but I have no regret, very special earbuds. 
But, Zero are a bigger surprise to me mostly because I received them as a present today and wasn't even aware of this thread or the Zero for that matter! 

And there you have it
smily_headphones1.gif
. Killer of giants
tongue.gif

I would by the FX850 again if they came in the same size as Zero... but these giants were rather large giants indeed 
tongue.gif

May 22, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #845 of 1,545
I would by the FX850 again if they came in the same size as Zero... but these giants were rather large giants indeed :p

Luckily the FX850s are as comfy in my ears as the Shozys. I use the same JVC Tips for both. Shozys more portable and care free for sure :).

May 22, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #849 of 1,545
The JVC does sound noticeably better than spin fit (which eats up the highs a bit, probably due to the twisted angle and longer tube length...) doesn't work (deep insertion) as claimed.... :popcorn:

Need to play around more. Personaly, I find SpinFit make Zero sound more spacious. However, with bass heavy music, it's magnifying the bass too much and sounds unnatural. Will dig out Spiral Dots tomorrow...

May 22, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #852 of 1,545
I'm about 99% certain that the stock tips will be too small for me but fingers crossed!

The large ones should fit you but haven't the tips changed recently?

Mine are entirely black similar to CX300 tips.

May 22, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #853 of 1,545
  [...] spin fit ([...] eats up the highs a bit, probably due to the twisted angle and longer tube length...) doesn't work (deep insertion) as claimed.... 
popcorn.gif

x2

I am no fan of the SpinFit tips either and with most in-ears, they do the same in my ears - reduce upper treble. (Strangely though, the measurements indicate the exact opposite.)

Only with the vast minority of in-ears that don't fit too well in my ears (I can count them on the fingers of one hand), they do indeed work as advertised in my ears.

May 22, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #854 of 1,545
x2

I am no fan of the SpinFit tips either and with most in-ears, they do the same in my ears - reduce upper treble. (Strangely though, the measurements indicate the exact opposite.)

Only with the vast minority of in-ears that don't fit too well in my ears (I can count them on the fingers of one hand), they do indeed work as advertised in my ears.

most likely they force it deeper into the measuring probe and the highs are more present due to lower cavity mass to drive and less attentuation by air lol

but yah it works for some iem

May 22, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #855 of 1,545
most likely they force it deeper into the measuring probe and the highs are more present due to lower cavity mass to drive and less attentuation by air lol

but yah it works for some iem

But their marketing iz scam. 

The IEM is no deeper than normal tips and in some cases even further out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back