Shozy Zero IEMs
May 22, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #856 of 1,545

x2

I am no fan of the SpinFit tips either and with most in-ears, they do the same in my ears - reduce upper treble. (Strangely though, the measurements indicate the exact opposite.)

Only with the vast minority of in-ears that don't fit too well in my ears (I can count them on the fingers of one hand), they do indeed work as advertised in my ears.

Spintfit tips subdue the mid-range too much.

They do have some benefits to their design but its no good when your vocals have the life/energy sucked from them. For fitting purposes and actually aligning to the curve of your canal they're excellent. What Spinfit need to do is design a 2.0 or alternative with a wider bore as that's what's killing the mid-range, the bore is too small.

I will also say just from default tip rolling and trying earphones I always go for extremely wide or very open bore tips.

They seem to provide the best sound for me.

May 22, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #857 of 1,545
Spintfit tips subdue the mid-range too much.

They do have some benefits to their design but its no good when your vocals have the life/energy sucked from them. For fitting purposes and actually aligning to the curve of your canal they're excellent. What Spinfit need to do is design a 2.0 or alternative with a wider bore as that's what's killing the mid-range, the bore is too small.

I will also say just from default tip rolling and trying earphones I always go for extremely wide or very open bore tips.

They seem to provide the best sound for me.
how about ortofon

May 22, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #858 of 1,545
how about ortofon

Its one tip I've never been able to get my hands on.

The best tips are these ones:

http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4156http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4156

What I use on all my Tralucent IEMs and also Fidue A83, they're the most suited tips (at least) for me.

I have not tried them on Zero.

May 22, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #859 of 1,545
May 22, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #860 of 1,545
wait isnt this the stock tips for auglamour r8?

They can be purchased in bulk I imagine, a third party tip. I think Phillips were (one of) the first to use them.

Noble include them and Tralucent in their kits. Find them many places, eBay etc under different names.

May 22, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #861 of 1,545
They can be purchased in bulk I imagine, a third party tip. I think Phillips were (one of) the first to use them.

Noble include them and Tralucent in their kits. Find them many places, eBay etc under different names.
interesting today i was pairing my iems with different tips and came across these in my inventory. First listen was wow.

May 22, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #862 of 1,545
interesting today i was pairing my iems with different tips and came across these in my inventory. First listen was wow.

Without those tips my music/earphones may not be what I want. That's how much they're required on my earphones.

I have heard TOTL I would not have bought without those tips.

It also helps because I don't need to tip roll anymore, just stockpile several and kiss tip rolling goodbye (unless extremely bored)

Try them on Zero, see what you think, no promises though they will be correct.

May 22, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #863 of 1,545
Without those tips my music/earphones may not be what I want. That's how much they're required on my earphones.

I have heard TOTL I would not have bought without those tips.

It also helps because I don't need to tip roll anymore, just stockpile several and kiss tip rolling goodbye (unless extremely bored)

Try them on Zero, see what you think, no promises though they will be correct.
ok gonna try those tips on my other iems and waiting for zero. I will purchase more of these awesome tips :smiley:

May 22, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #867 of 1,545
Received my Zeros, I was sick for over a week, but feeling better now. Going to start the burn in process this evening.

Put your seatbelt on, you're going for a ride with this one. 
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #869 of 1,545
So I've read. Looking forward to it for sure brother.

Tip recs Uncle H2O?

I dedicated some time earlier this afternoon for Zero tip recommendations.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/803785/shozy-zero-50-iems-with-real-rosewood-taking-on-the-500-big-boys/840#post_12598262

Users who are viewing this thread

Back