Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Aug 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #14,642 of 41,438
I've found that the Expedit doesn't always hold up to being fully packed with records over time, but a few metal brackets on the back to reinforce it make it very durable.

T-brackets

L-brackets

It's not completely necessary, but I'm paranoid.

Highly recommended for the huge ones, but the 4x2s are fine as long as you use 2 sets of legs.

Aug 11, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #14,646 of 41,438
Aug 11, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #14,647 of 41,438
Quote:

Current shot. Kind of an odd duck going on here. Harbeths are out due to a few (unfortunate and fortunate) things. Leben remains.

Waiting on word that the new Kuzma is on it's way and until then the Amadeus is off screen to the right.

The new (old) additions were actually picked up for nothing as my mother in law was getting rid of her system from the 80s that has been inside but hasn't been touched in at least 10 years. She has no idea what she had here. The speakers are Klipsch KG4s. 91db @ 4ohms (according to the backs). Horns for the highs and then 2 8" woofers for the rest along with an additional 12" (!) passive woofer on the backs.

I really love these speakers so far. Horns make them harsh on poor recordings (ala Punk or harsher standard tuned rock), but even that stuff sounds good at lower levels. They're bass monsters due to that 12" in the back so they're pretty boomy, but the highs are excellent with the right music. They'll certainly do for now. Gonna stain them darker to match the Leben and probably get some new grills (old ones were in rough shape). Still playing with position and I think I'll tilt them up a bit soon.

The CDP is also new and is a welcome addition. It's a Sony from 1986 that uses a tape deck like system to load up to 10 CDs at once. Sounds great, honestly, and it's built REALLY well. Heavy and dense.

Klipsch to Harbeth, that's a jump.  If you don't mind, what's the TT in the pic?

Aug 11, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #14,651 of 41,438
New to the scene, started about a year ago. 

My Set Up:
Fiio e17 Alpine
Fiio e09k Amp
Maddog t50RP
Senn HD 650
Creative Titanium HD Sound Card
Fiio E 11 Amp
Miles Davis Tributes IEM
Monster Copper Pro Turbine IEM

Aug 11, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #14,653 of 41,438
Quote:
Since most of my music listening hours are clocked in my cubicle, my listening station lives there too.

Nice setup and keyboard. I love the Cherry MX reds myself.

Aug 11, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #14,654 of 41,438

My station at the moment... And man my phones camera sucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back