Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Aug 10, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #14,626 of 41,293
Quote:

Don't worry Dub I gotchu covered gurlll. Unless you're a dude.

My HE60s are still in the states.

No one likes a show off 
size]

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #14,629 of 41,293
Quote:

lol, very nice!!! 

6 flagships, 2 amps, just like me! but urs cost way more 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #14,630 of 41,293
Quote:
I agree with this question:

Having so many headphones with the reason to actually use them ( i know a guy who buys stuff with only reason to collect them) would drive me nuts honestly...
tongue.gif

I prefer to get the best amp, best headphone, best source, best dac and best cabling my budget allows me instead of buying multiple headphones/amps with one reason only: to swap them to listen to...

Imho it would be a waste of money and lots of work getting every single headphone sounding on its best (upgrading cabling/finding right amp)

Dont get me wrong..i respect everyone having multiple amps/dacs/cables/headphones....but i just miss the point having multiple headphones except for collecting them ( or having different rigs on different locations ofcourse) and thats okay if u have the money for that
biggrin.gif
... Hope i didnt offend anyone now.

But damn..u have one heck of a nice collection!!! Respect! Did i just see my next baby? The he6? Lolz

And where is the sr007/009? Ur collection is not complete without one of those
biggrin.gif

oh the headphone changes depending on my mood and my music, i do plan on getting best amp for them, in the future. i'll keep same dac though. sometimes i'm not sure which headphone to listen to, so i just switch them around. i try and give them all attention. each one sounds different, so its a different presentation of the music.

HE-6 is in my to-buy list, probably the last headphone i'll buy, as for the stax...hmmm, i'm not sure yet, that'll have to wait. by then something new will probably be out.

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #14,631 of 41,293

OMG thats at least 40.000usd worth of audio bliss (am not even talking about any cable upgrades).if i am not mistaken..

. It makes me wonder why u have that... The two best electrostats with their best amps money can buy...isnt this a bit overkill? Its Like my friend having 3sportscars and a cayenne (the latter for the wifey, kids, the dog and shopping..as he told me..lolz)... I dont understand that also except for investment purposes or collection impulses..

How do u use those pieces of art? Do u schedule listening sessions? As i cant imagine u everytime u wanna listen to ur music u then decide what rig to use...

But my friend..ur maybe the luckiest man in the world to be able to own the orpheus amp..as those are very rare to get..even if u have the money!!! Wish i could listen to one on a he60/90 one before i die...

one thing for sure..if i ever make big money or win the lottery..first thing i do is to get myself a nissan GTR black edition NISMO TUNED and a sennheiser orpheus/he90/60 rig!!! And for my wifey a Mini John Cooper Works GP edition..i did a testdrive once in a red model with her..and she is in love! :D

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #14,633 of 41,293
Orpheus up at Audiogon....

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/over-ear-sennheiser-orpheus-he90-hev-90-set-matching-pair-rare-and-original-2013-08-09-headphones-germany

Aug 10, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #14,634 of 41,293
Quote:
Orpheus up at Audiogon....

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/over-ear-sennheiser-orpheus-he90-hev-90-set-matching-pair-rare-and-original-2013-08-09-headphones-germany

That Orpheus amp is so beautiful.  Almost too shiny in well lit conditions.

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #14,635 of 41,293
Drools over, Orpheus amp :) the price though, damn, it looks worth every penny though :)

Defqon, that makes sense, I like to drool over Picts of expensive gear, I learned a long time ago to not try to compete, just enjoy what you can afford to buy and as long as it sounds good to you that is what matters :)

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #14,636 of 41,293

Current shot. Kind of an odd duck going on here. Harbeths are out due to a few (unfortunate and fortunate) things. Leben remains.

Waiting on word that the new Kuzma is on it's way and until then the Amadeus is off screen to the right.

The new (old) additions were actually picked up for nothing as my mother in law was getting rid of her system from the 80s that has been inside but hasn't been touched in at least 10 years. She has no idea what she had here. The speakers are Klipsch KG4s. 91db @ 4ohms (according to the backs). Horns for the highs and then 2 8" woofers for the rest along with an additional 12" (!) passive woofer on the backs.

I really love these speakers so far. Horns make them harsh on poor recordings (ala Punk or harsher standard tuned rock), but even that stuff sounds good at lower levels. They're bass monsters due to that 12" in the back so they're pretty boomy, but the highs are excellent with the right music. They'll certainly do for now. Gonna stain them darker to match the Leben and probably get some new grills (old ones were in rough shape). Still playing with position and I think I'll tilt them up a bit soon.

The CDP is also new and is a welcome addition. It's a Sony from 1986 that uses a tape deck like system to load up to 10 CDs at once. Sounds great, honestly, and it's built REALLY well. Heavy and dense.

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #14,637 of 41,293
Quote:

Current shot. Kind of an odd duck going on here. Harbeths are out due to a few (unfortunate and fortunate) things. Leben remains.

Waiting on word that the new Kuzma is on it's way and until then the Amadeus is off screen to the right.

The new (old) additions were actually picked up for nothing as my mother in law was getting rid of her system from the 80s that has been inside but hasn't been touched in at least 10 years. She has no idea what she had here. The speakers are Klipsch KG4s. 91db @ 4ohms (according to the backs). Horns for the highs and then 2 8" woofers for the rest along with an additional 12" (!) passive woofer on the backs.

I really love these speakers so far. Horns make them harsh on poor recordings (ala Punk or harsher standard tuned rock), but even that stuff sounds good at lower levels. They're bass monsters due to that 12" in the back so they're pretty boomy, but the highs are excellent with the right music. They'll certainly do for now. Gonna stain them darker to match the Leben and probably get some new grills (old ones were in rough shape). Still playing with position and I think I'll tilt them up a bit soon.

The CDP is also new and is a welcome addition. It's a Sony from 1986 that uses a tape deck like system to load up to 10 CDs at once. Sounds great, honestly, and it's built REALLY well. Heavy and dense.

I really like that record cabinet. Any chance you remember when you got it? I'm redecorating my grand room, and would like something like that for my favorite albums! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back