Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Aug 3, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #7,561 of 41,322
Quote:

so your hd 600 came back to the main rig 
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #7,562 of 41,322
Quote:

I have NEVER seen such a cool equalizer for my whole life!!!

EQ's are COOL (apologies to people who have seen my photo in another thread):

Aug 3, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #7,563 of 41,322
I remember the first time I ever recorded an album at my friend's studio, and I literally spent 40 minutes toying around with an EQ that big, only to have him change them all to his liking later...

Aug 3, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #7,565 of 41,322
Quote:

EQ's are COOL
[...]

Alright, your EQ wins the coolness contest.
biggrin.gif

And yes, they are awesome devices. It's a shame that one rarely sees an EQ in a Hifi/Headfi-system. People go about spending loads of cash for exotic amplifiers and DACs to get "more warmth" or "more treble sparkle"... With an EQ, a simple adjustment of the sliders achieves just about the same effect.

Quote:
Wonder how long it took to get that equalizer to sound the same on both channels?

Quote:
It looks nice but it must be a pain to equalise each channel separately

It's actually quite easy. It isn't necessary to adjust both channels to exactly the same settings - a 1 or 2db difference in a certain frequency isn't really an issue. At least my wooden ears can't detect differences as long as both channels are approximately adjusted the same.
Of course, a digital (hardware) EQ is more convenient to use in this regard, but I wanted to be able to adjust the settings quickly according to what I'm isteningt to (and my mood), and for this purpose the EQ works just fine. It takes me about 20-30 seconds to find a new setting for both channels, als long as only a part of the frequency spectrum has to be adjusted (which is usually the case).

... It's so nice to finally being able to listen to the remastered Beatles albums withouth that awful boosted bass!

Quote:
so your hd 600 came back to the main rig 
biggrin.gif

Yep, I've been missing it - for no good reason, I'm just being sentimental.
biggrin.gif

But then again, the HD600 is the one headphone that never disappoints me no matter what I want to listen to. Even though the Koss ESP950 arguably sounds better (not much!), I'd still pick the HD600 if I had to choose between the two.

Aug 3, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #7,566 of 41,322
I miss my HD600. I was thinking about equalizers too, a friend has a nice Technics one but its in poor condition because he smokes a lot.

Aug 3, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #7,567 of 41,322
Quote:
Even though the Koss ESP950 arguably sounds better (not much!), I'd still pick the HD600 if I had to choose between the two.

Why's that? I tend to prefer my ESP950 over my HD600 for general listening duties.

Aug 3, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #7,568 of 41,322
Quote:
Why's that? I tend to prefer my ESP950 over my HD600 for general listening duties.

Yeah...The ESP 950 is good at lots of things, but there are some glaring issues with it by comparison, methinks. Its treble is ringy and peaky and its midrange harmonic distortion patterns are ugly for an electrostat...I would think the HD600 would be a better all-rounder...

Kojaku

Aug 3, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #7,570 of 41,322
I was kinda hoping for a close up, so I can see that bad boy with my poor tired eyes.
:popcorn:

http://www.laaudio.co.uk/resources/images/eq231g%20pic.jpg

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #7,572 of 41,322
No bypass on that bad boy? How do the graphic and filter switches work?

Aug 4, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #7,575 of 41,322
I found the pads rather shallow as many had said..The pad quality is great but it feels like they just didn´t put enough stuffing in there..Lucky me the SRH-840 pads fit like a glove..Much more comfort :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back