Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Aug 4, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #7,578 of 41,315
Quote:
I found the pads rather shallow as many had said..The pad quality is great but it feels like they just didn´t put enough stuffing in there..Lucky me the SRH-840 pads fit like a glove..Much more comfort :)

How are the sonic characteristics altered?

Aug 4, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #7,579 of 41,315
Quote:
How are the sonic characteristics altered?

i have not put enough time through these cans to say anything bout the sound really..But as for now i did not hear any alternations in the sonics. The pads are rather equal in quality and material. Just that the 840 pads have better foam/wool whatever they stuff it with.

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #7,581 of 41,315
I'll post mine in 4 days, when my Q701s get here 
beyersmile.png

Aug 5, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #7,583 of 41,315
Since that's quite a bit of my listening (roughly 60% lately, usually more) it's important that they sound great with EDM, and they do. I was worried to say the least when I first heard them, but after spending about...30 seconds with the bass I knew I was in for a treat. Best extension I've heard, and the detail it pulls out is fantastic. Impact is all there. I really couldn't ask for more. 

The one thing the HD800s still take the cake at is the staging for Ambient works. It's really something to behold, but the 009s added detail makes up for the slight drop is stage width. The birds might not sound perfectly in place on my BT albums, but they sound even more like real birds, and that's okay.

Quote:

How are you finding your 009's for electronic 'genre' music?

Aug 5, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #7,584 of 41,315
Quote:
Since that's quite a bit of my listening (roughly 60% lately, usually more) it's important that they sound great with EDM, and they do. I was worried to say the least when I first heard them, but after spending about...30 seconds with the bass I knew I was in for a treat. Best extension I've heard, and the detail it pulls out is fantastic. Impact is all there. I really couldn't ask for more. 

The one thing the HD800s still take the cake at is the staging for Ambient works. It's really something to behold, but the 009s added detail makes up for the slight drop is stage width. The birds might not sound perfectly in place on my BT albums, but they sound even more like real birds, and that's okay.

Sounds pretty good, a tradeoff for more detail ditching the effort of staging by the HD800's, unfortunately I'd have to save up 3 weeks worth of pay to afford an 009 and I'm not the neutral type of person, not to mention another few grand for a well worth matching amp.

Aug 5, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #7,585 of 41,315
It wouldn't be happening if I wasn't planning to sell literally every other nice thing I own (including one of my Macs) to get there. It simply wouldn't be an option.

Don't get me wrong, the 009s staging is still the second best I've heard, but the HD800s does one that one thing better. Pretty amazing when you consider their relative prices.

Quote:

Sounds pretty good, a tradeoff for more detail ditching the effort of staging by the HD800's, unfortunately I'd have to save up 3 weeks worth of pay to afford an 009 and I'm not the neutral type of person, not to mention another few grand for a well worth matching amp.

Aug 5, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #7,586 of 41,315
Quote:
It wouldn't be happening if I wasn't planning to sell literally every other nice thing I own (including one of my Macs) to get there. It simply wouldn't be an option.

Don't get me wrong, the 009s staging is still the second best I've heard, but the HD800s does one that one thing better. Pretty amazing when you consider their relative prices.

Ohh...I thought you purchased the Lightening and the 009 as an addition to your HD800 + Fire combo.

Aug 5, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #7,587 of 41,315
Just a loaner. :wink:

While I'd like to keep both I simply couldn't afford it. Especially since I still need a turntable in the mix!

EDIT: Plus, look at that desk...There's not enough room for all of it! :D

Quote:

Ohh...I thought you purchased the Lightening and the 009 as an addition to your HD800 + Fire combo.

Aug 5, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #7,588 of 41,315
Quote:
Just a loaner. :wink:

While I'd like to keep both I simply couldn't afford it. Especially since I still need a turntable in the mix!

EDIT: Plus, look at that desk...There's not enough room for all of it! :D

Clearly you need to save up more for a bigger desk 
cool.gif

Aug 5, 2012 at 4:16 AM Post #7,589 of 41,315
Things I want/need
- Bigger place (I don't have room for half of my instruments anymore and treatment for anything other than mids and above )
- Better sound treatment (it's only good for vocals, it's only foam. But it does well for those thing on the wall I actually record on. Possibly some diffusers, but near-perfect LEDE is what I really want. I also have too much foam, which is why there's foam on a wall I don't play any sound towards (it's also opposite a window)).
- Better drivers from nvidia (god damnit nvidia)
- Repaint my walls (!!)
- Possibly some speakers (quads?)
- More time to do some serious recording for the album I have been working on for way too long now :)()

-

Aug 5, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #7,590 of 41,315
Quote:
Things I want/need
- Bigger place (I don't have room for half of my instruments anymore and treatment for anything other than mids and above )
- Better sound treatment (it's only good for vocals, it's only foam. But it does well for those thing on the wall I actually record on. Possibly some diffusers, but near-perfect LEDE is what I really want. I also have too much foam, which is why there's foam on a wall I don't play any sound towards (it's also opposite a window)).
- Better drivers from nvidia (god damnit nvidia)
- Repaint my walls (!!)
- Possibly some speakers (quads?)
- More time to do some serious recording for the album I have been working on for way too long now :)()

-

Looking good. It does take awhile and you will probably never be "Done" since we all keep enjoying what we have and searching for more.... 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back