Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jul 31, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #7,531 of 41,327
Quote:
Sounds interesting. Your own idea or DIY-"common knowledge"? I'm thinking... What'll happen to the bass response?

I found out that someone else has already done this on this forum, don´t remember who.. 

Surprisingly the bass response is better..I think everything is better so far..Sound stage and clarity is way increased! Still i have not listened on this more then an hour or so..Maybe i´l post and impression later on.

Jul 31, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #7,532 of 41,327
Quote:
I found out that someone else has already done this on this forum, don´t remember who.. 

Surprisingly the bass response is better..I think everything is better so far..Sound stage and clarity is way increased! Still i have not listened on this more then an hour or so..Maybe i´l post and impression later on.

How exactly do you define "better"?

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #7,533 of 41,327
Aug 1, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #7,534 of 41,327
Quote:
Whatever I like more is 'better'.  I have spoken.

Haha. Do you have any objective measurements to back this claim? 
tongue.gif

Aug 1, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #7,535 of 41,327
More is always better isn´t it? 
basshead.gif

Biggest improvement is sound stage and clarity, midrange is pushed forward a bit making voices more defined. I find the bass to be more prominent and more detailed..I am no good at writing fancy words describing the difference in sound as you guys clearly noticed by now.

i can´t A-B the cans, semi vs open unfortunately..Try it out for yourself :D

No measurements to back it up...But it´s clearly differences in the sound..Or my own madness kicking in!

Aug 1, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #7,536 of 41,327
Quote:
More is always better isn´t it? 
basshead.gif

Biggest improvement is sound stage and clarity, midrange is pushed forward a bit making voices more defined. I find the bass to be more prominent and more detailed..I am no good at writing fancy words describing the difference in sound as you guys clearly noticed by now.

i can´t A-B the cans, semi vs open unfortunately..Try it out for yourself :D

No measurements to back it up...But it´s clearly differences in the sound..Or my own madness kicking in!

Sounds delish already.  Can we see the final product, please? :)

Aug 1, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #7,537 of 41,327
The final result..Finish isn´t top so i might redo the grills..It was kid of hard to get it looks nice with just a wire cutter and some brute force :D My father has my dremel so i might head over there and fix it up properly...The metal grill is from a slaughtered Antec 300 computer case :D

Aug 1, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #7,538 of 41,327
Quote:
The final result..Finish isn´t top so i might redo the grills..It was kid of hard to get it looks nice with just a wire cutter and some brute force :D My father has my dremel so i might head over there and fix it up properly...The metal grill is from a slaughtered Antec 300 computer case :D

Those look gorgeous!  DIY in all its glory and beauty.
wink.gif

Aug 1, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #7,540 of 41,327

Current set up. I should be happy for a while. I still want see LCD2 or 3 in that picture though :D

Do I see Windows 7 on that Apple display? Through mini dvi and it works? I am thinking of buying one too.

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #7,541 of 41,327
Quote:
How do you like the rDAC.. I have one on order to mate up with my Schiit Lyr.

I think its a brilliant dac for the money. Comparing it to my Vdac that I upgraded from, it has better seperation and extension, deeper clearer bass. It's a fraction brighter at the top but with no hardness at all. I've only used it through the coaxial input so can't comment on usb or optical. It's going to be a keeper for me for a while.    

Aug 1, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #7,543 of 41,327
Quote:
Do I see Windows 7 on that Apple display? Through mini dvi and it works? I am thinking of buying one too.

I use HD6990 with mini display port. Any graphic cards with minidisplay port or display port with adaptor will work.
If you wanna use 100% of ACD(isight Bright adjustment etcs..) you can install drivers from bootcamp but you will need OSX for that.

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #7,544 of 41,327
Quote:

Current set up. I should be happy for a while. I still want see LCD2 or 3 in that picture though
biggrin.gif

Well done, senson ,
smiley_thumb.gif
 this is a double delight of leisure and productivity. Even the tea 
wink.gif
 is prominently displayed in its rightful place (pssst...your clocks are 4 minutes apart 
wink_face.gif
 ). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back