Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
Nov 12, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #3,616 of 4,593
It looks... cute.  I think.

Nov 12, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #3,617 of 4,593
Hello ljokerl, 

Great thread. It helped me narrow down my options and decide what i am looking for as my first pair of good headphones.

I have been interested in the sennheiser model hd25-1 II and they are selling for 106 dollars atm on amazon.

I found somewhere that some editions comes with the velour pads but im not sure which one. Do you know anything about it?

If not, can you send me a link of the pads that will fit?

Another doubt i have is if these phones require any king of amp or if it doesnt improve the sound that much. If yes can you recommend me any cheap and small amp?

Thanks in advance,

Felipe

Nov 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #3,618 of 4,593
Wow, that's a huge price drop from the norm, I know headphone prices jump like crazy during Thanksgiving but that's a 50% drop... I'm seeing them at $140 right now tho, dunno if they went up or you were talking used or what.

Nov 12, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #3,619 of 4,593
Quote:
Wow, that's a huge price drop from the norm, I know headphone prices jump like crazy during Thanksgiving but that's a 50% drop... I'm seeing them at $140 right now tho, dunno if they went up or you were talking used or what.

Yeah they sold for 106 dollars for about 15 minutes and then went back to 139. Still a huge price drop.

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #3,621 of 4,593
Quote:
Hello ljokerl, 

Great thread. It helped me narrow down my options and decide what i am looking for as my first pair of good headphones.

I have been interested in the sennheiser model hd25-1 II and they are selling for 106 dollars atm on amazon.

I found somewhere that some editions comes with the velour pads but im not sure which one. Do you know anything about it?

Another doubt i have is if these phones require any king of amp or if it doesnt improve the sound that much. If yes can you recommend me any cheap and small amp?

Thanks in advance,

Felipe

The limited edition comes with a case but no velour pads. The standard ones come with velour pads but no case (I think... I've only purchased the special edition). The pads can be purchased direct from Sennheiser, I believe they were about $13+shipping when I bought mine in 2009.

I don't really keep up with the portable amp market these days - you may want to check the amp forum. I still use an ancient mini3 and an iBasso D10. 

Quote:
Agreed great deal on the HDs!

Joker, nice in-depth write-up on the P3s!!

Thanks 
beerchug.gif

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #3,623 of 4,593
Quote:
Does anyone know what happened to the first post? Looks like it got edited out.

It's malfunctioning. Started a support thread about it here http://www.head-fi.org/t/635913/extra-line-breaks-inserted-in-posts-unable-to-edit-them-out 

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #3,624 of 4,593
Quote:
It's malfunctioning. Started a support thread about it here http://www.head-fi.org/t/635913/extra-line-breaks-inserted-in-posts-unable-to-edit-them-out 

Ooh, that's not good. Not only the problem with the 1st post, but the support link appears to be broken as well.

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #3,625 of 4,593
Looks like it's fixed..........no telling how many people use that first post as a guide to narrow down choices for everything from deciding on a first set of portables, to just perusing it for new toys to try, the single most important post on portable cans in all of headfi, and the interwebz even :)

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #3,626 of 4,593
Quote:
Hello ljokerl, 

Thanks in advance,

Felipe

Hi Felipe,
Are you sure? I checked the price history and the lowest it went to is $129.94 and not in stock now. 

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Sennheiser-HD25-1-II-Closed-Back-Headphones/product/B000TDZOXG?locale=US

This is the model, right?  http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Studio-Monitor-Sealed-Headphone/dp/B00009ZSYG/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1352928489&sr=1-4&keywords=hd-25

Thanks!

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #3,627 of 4,593
Quote:
Looks like it's fixed..........no telling how many people use that first post as a guide to narrow down choices for everything from deciding on a first set of portables, to just perusing it for new toys to try, the single most important post on portable cans in all of headfi, and the interwebz even :)

Thanks 
beerchug.gif

I still can't edit the post but it's being worked on and seems to display now (albeit with lots of extra blankspace). Hopefully that won't turn too many off reading it.

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #3,628 of 4,593
Quote:
Hi Felipe,
Are you sure? I checked the price history and the lowest it went to is $129.94 and not in stock now. 

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Sennheiser-HD25-1-II-Closed-Back-Headphones/product/B000TDZOXG?locale=US

This is the model, right?  http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Studio-Monitor-Sealed-Headphone/dp/B00009ZSYG/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1352928489&sr=1-4&keywords=hd-25

Thanks!

As far as I know, you don't want the ones in the second link, I've never heard that model, but have seen too many posts saying that one is inferior to the HD25-1-II
Hopefully some one that has heard the HD-25 can chime in.  I don't think you want the HD25SP II either. 

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #3,629 of 4,593
Quote:
As far as I know, you don't want the ones in the second link, I've never heard that model, but have seen too many posts saying that one is inferior to the HD25-1-II
Hopefully some one that has heard the HD-25 can chime in.  I don't think you want the HD25SP II either. 

The badge on the headphone in the second link reads "HD25-1 II 70Ω" so that should be okay. As far as I know the HD25-1 (non-mkII) is the same thing as well, just has some minor cabling differences. 

Nov 16, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #3,630 of 4,593
Quote:
The badge on the headphone in the second link reads "HD25-1 II 70Ω" so that should be okay. As far as I know the HD25-1 (non-mkII) is the same thing as well, just has some minor cabling differences. 

Thanks for clearing that up.
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back