Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
Mar 14, 2022 at 4:58 AM Post #4,591 of 4,593
So "boomy sounds" are located in the sub bass, and in the midbass and upper bass frequencies are located the kick drums?
I don't think there's an exact definition. For I understand boomy as too much uncontrolled bass, but mostly a bit deeper. The kick of a drum is located more around 100-150Hz, while the body of a drum is lower. Personally I really dislike midbass humps, while I like an emphasis on low bass as long as its still controlled and well structured. The DT1350 does that quite well in my opinion, reaching low when called for, but not emphasizing any specific area.
The HD25 does have a slight emphasis on midbass, but is leaner below that, so I'd not classify it as boomy. I think DJs like that one because its easy to hear the rhythm of the bass with that frequency response (it also emphasizes high hats).

All in all its always best to hear for yourself of course. Those two models might be a good start, and you can work from there.

Mar 14, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #4,592 of 4,593
I don't think there's an exact definition. For I understand boomy as too much uncontrolled bass, but mostly a bit deeper. The kick of a drum is located more around 100-150Hz, while the body of a drum is lower. Personally I really dislike midbass humps, while I like an emphasis on low bass as long as its still controlled and well structured. The DT1350 does that quite well in my opinion, reaching low when called for, but not emphasizing any specific area.
The HD25 does have a slight emphasis on midbass, but is leaner below that, so I'd not classify it as boomy. I think DJs like that one because its easy to hear the rhythm of the bass with that frequency response (it also emphasizes high hats).

All in all its always best to hear for yourself of course. Those two models might be a good start, and you can work from there.
thank you, I really appreciate your opinion

Feb 21, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #4,593 of 4,593
Might as well bump good old Jokers thread to post this. Seem we have a new portable dropping on 3/1 from Japan's Primo... https://www.primocorp.co.jp/product-personal/detail/123
5976b7206e8f01d787abbf091a843c72.png

88 grams open model....
"In-house Φ39.5mm driver with 10,000 gauss high magnetic flux magnet
The combination of the open-air system (open type) achieves both powerful bass and relaxed treble.
Reproduced the groove feeling peculiar to city pop."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back