Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
Aug 8, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #2,281 of 4,593

Quote:
Much respect to you joker for the work and time you put into the review it was quite informative.

Thanks, glad you found it useful.

Quote:
By the way joker, you should really review the ATH-ES55. It reminds me of the HD428 in that it has high value for it's price. Here's my review on it:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/559703/ath-es55-quick-impressions-favorite-headphone-under-100#post_7563819

Quote:
Can you do a review 0n these headphones Denon DJ dn-hp500, KRS kns 6400 & 8400 & Bose AE2.

Sorry, queue all booked up for the next 3-4 months.

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #2,282 of 4,593

Quote:
Sorry, queue all booked up for the next 3-4 months.

so, no more review update until 3-4 months from now?

Just asking so I dont come to check it so often 
tongue_smile.gif

and have a nice vacation 
beerchug.gif

Aug 8, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #2,283 of 4,593

Quote:
so, no more review update until 3-4 months from now?  
Just asking so I dont come to check it so often 
tongue_smile.gif

and have a nice vacation 
beerchug.gif

There will be updates but they are all planned already so no new review requests.

Vacation... I wish.

Aug 11, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #2,285 of 4,593
Hey joker I'm curious about something. Considering you have enough headphones to fill a small garage to overflow what do you do with them all? Do you just keep the ones you really like or do you just sell them off one by one over time? You don't actually keep them all do you?

Aug 11, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #2,287 of 4,593
I got the ZX700 yesterday after it was nicely reviewed by both of Joker and Tyll.
I can't enjoy it too much, though.

Bass completely lacks low end - so Hip Hop and Electronica is absolutely unlistenable. Beats remind me of someone hitting two sticks together.
Instruments sound nice, though.

Decay in the highs is way too slow. On faster tracks the cymbals merge to a constant 'ssshhh noise'.

Can anybody tell me if the Z1000 fixes these issues?

Aug 11, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #2,288 of 4,593

Quote:
To my knowledge, he sells or trades most of them. 

having been a buyer and a trader with Joker, I can attest that this is true.  when I want a new set of anything I always PM him first to see what his current inventory looks like.

Aug 11, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #2,289 of 4,593

Quote:
Hey, I don't know if you're full up for buying stuff or full up for reviewing, but if you'd like to try a srh840 or an HFI-680 I could hook you up.

Pretty full up.

Quote:
Hey joker I'm curious about something. Considering you have enough headphones to fill a small garage to overflow what do you do with them all? Do you just keep the ones you really like or do you just sell them off one by one over time? You don't actually keep them all do you?

No, I don't keep them all. A lot of what I review is actually loaned pairs and those go back to the owner. The rest of it is either kept (if it's good or otherwise interesting), sold off, or traded away over time.  I try to keep the same funds in circulation - otherwise this gets real expensive, real quick. There's also a matter of space - I cannot store 50+ pairs of headphones as I like to keep boxes, etc. I still like to keep a number of sets around in the long-term for consistency's sake. These are my benchmarks and they are units I'm very familiar with even if they aren't groundbreaking performers. These set the scale.

Aug 11, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #2,290 of 4,593

Quote:
having been a buyer and a trader with Joker, I can attest that this is true.  when I want a new set of anything I always PM him first to see what his current inventory looks like.

I've done the same. It's like he's our pusher or something... "hey man, I need a fix real bad... whatcha got for me?"

Aug 12, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #2,294 of 4,593
Anyone else feel like they owe Joker part of their soul?  Just curious...lol

Thanks for the review on the new beyer, I've been drooling over them for a long time.  Someone needs to give joker their edition 8 so he can review it.  I don't think it would come out on top for the best value though, sound quality for sure but not value.  

Aug 12, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #2,295 of 4,593
Though it sits at the top pricewise as well (ok, so it's a $1 cheaper than the P5)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back