Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
May 18, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #2,027 of 4,593

Quote:
Joker and anyone who owns the MDR-V6's

Do you guys notice a clicking sound coming from the hinges?

I do, and I just bought them.

I tried to stick a piece of folded paper to stop the parts that go aroun your ear from moving and it stops the sound, but I can't fold it this way.

I'm gonna return it, but my question is...should I buy V6's again or should I buy something else ( I love these except for this issue)

not while wearing them, they do make a "click" when you fold the cups but there is no way the cups could fold while on your head. sure it isnt fake?

V6 has the perfect built IMO.

May 18, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #2,028 of 4,593
I'm pretty sure it's not fake, I bought it on Amazon so it' probably just defective

And I say it's not fake because judging by the pictures on that other V6 thread they look quite...real

May 19, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #2,031 of 4,593
Great review of the 668B , Joker!

Did you try removing the "acoustic dampener" stickers?

BTW, When can we expect your review of the Q460 ?

Thanks!

May 19, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #2,032 of 4,593

Quote:
I've owned two V6's and never had a clicking issue.

Same, though I guess James and I have experience with the same pair of V6s so my opinion doesn't count.

Quote:

Thanks!

Nope, didn't remove any stickers. Wasn't my 668B to mess with. Q460 is on the backburner as I have four interesting loan sets right now. Five if I can fix the hinge on my SHN9500.

May 22, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #2,034 of 4,593

Quote:

Thanks!

yeah i agree please review this along with the ps 320 :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD 

May 22, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #2,035 of 4,593
Quote:
how do you think the ms 400 compare to the ps 320 bass wise on headphone.com the ps 320 have more bass but review ive heard say otherwise even thought their not comparison reviews but still 

I've never heard a PS320

Quote:
yeah i agree please review this along with the ps 320 

The fact that I actually own a Q460 makes snuffkin's request far more realistic.

May 22, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #2,036 of 4,593
Nice update to your already epic review thread, Joker

Head-fi community ows you

Please give this man ES-10 and/or ESW10jpn to review (DT1350 also) 

May 22, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #2,037 of 4,593
I picked up the Sony XB700 last week.  When I first got them I was actually shocked at how big the pads are!!  Wow.  Those are 2 pillows sitting nicely on your head.  I fully expected to be blown out by some massive bass.....to my surprise this wasn't really the case.  Not to say they do not deliver some big bass, it just wasn't as massive as I expected.  In fact, I was overwhelmingly happy at the sound.  They are far more balanced than I thought they'd be.  I think Sony has done an excellent job delivering the bass without stepping on the mids at all.  The are good....not overly crisp, but nice.  You can turn the volume down too.  The first thing I did was put the volume on my walkman from 10 down to 8.  This was a 79 dollars well spent for sure.  Very pleased.  Thinking about getting the ZX700....still up in the air.  Not sure to get those or maybe get the J3.  I know...totally different things there. 

May 23, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #2,039 of 4,593

Quote:
Nice update to your already epic review thread, Joker

Head-fi community ows you

Please give this man ES-10 and/or ESW10jpn to review (DT1350 also) 

Thanks, though to be fair I still owe the head-fi community a UM Miracle review.

Quote:
I picked up the Sony XB700 last week.  When I first got them I was actually shocked at how big the pads are!!  Wow.  Those are 2 pillows sitting nicely on your head.  I fully expected to be blown out by some massive bass.....to my surprise this wasn't really the case.  Not to say they do not deliver some big bass, it just wasn't as massive as I expected.  In fact, I was overwhelmingly happy at the sound.  They are far more balanced than I thought they'd be.  I think Sony has done an excellent job delivering the bass without stepping on the mids at all.  The are good....not overly crisp, but nice.  You can turn the volume down too.  The first thing I did was put the volume on my walkman from 10 down to 8.  This was a 79 dollars well spent for sure.  Very pleased.  Thinking about getting the ZX700....still up in the air.  Not sure to get those or maybe get the J3.  I know...totally different things there. 

I agree - the XB700 is not all that unbalanced and a good value overall. There are several headphones I found overly (maybe even nauseatingly) bassy and the XB700 isn't one of them. The ZX700 is a different beast, of course, but still good. Not any more portable, though.

Quote:
could i add hd 25 pads to a q460 for better isolation? if so do you think 140 for a ms 400 is worth it over a 110 for a q460 ?

HD25 pads are too large for the Q460s. MS400 and Q460 sound pretty different. I would pay the extra $30 for the isolation and fit of the Phiatons but I prefer the more balanced signature of the AKGs.

May 23, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #2,040 of 4,593

Quote:

Thanks, though to be fair I still owe the head-fi community a UM Miracle review.

I agree - the XB700 is not all that unbalanced and a good value overall. There are several headphones I found overly (maybe even nauseatingly) bassy and the XB700 isn't one of them. The ZX700 is a different beast, of course, but still good. Not any more portable, though.

HD25 pads are too large for the Q460s. MS400 and Q460 sound pretty different. I would pay the extra $30 for the isolation and fit of the Phiatons but I prefer the more balanced signature of the AKGs.

really? lol ive heard in two different reviews with exact same wording for both, mids that are forward and almost have a little bass bleed in and the treble is slighty soft and the bass is a lot
so the q460s are more hd 25 sound signature and ms 400 are more m50 sound signature, sorry that is the best analogy that i can relate to. Also what are good pads for the q460 for better noise isolation? I want good noise isolation, decent comfort, good sound quality somewhat bassy, stylish and pretty damn portable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back