Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Sep 25, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #2,461 of 3,594

Please keep in mind, this is not in line with the terms and conditions of their price match policy, so your mileage may vary.  Don't get mad at FS if they say no.  It is in their policy.    

Here are the details with the important part bolded:

Here are a few terms and conditions.
The item must be sold by an authorized dealer located in Canada. For online competitor price beats the product must be located in Canada.

The item must be for the same brand and model and the product must be new and factory sealed. It must also be subject to a manufacturer’s warranty applicable in Canada and the product must be available for purchase in Canada.

Competitors’ prices must be in Canadian dollars and will be adjusted for any fees, taxes or other charges such as environmental handling fees and shipping.

Our Price Beat Promise does not apply to Boxing Day prices, advertising errors or misprints, special educational prices, restricted offers, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, OEM products, limited or minimum quantity or limited time offers, close-outs, liquidations, clearances, and financing offers.

The terms and conditions of our “Price Beat Promise” are subject to change without notice.

If you are not completely satisfied, please talk to our store General Manager. If you need more help, call1-800-663-2275 for further assistance. 

True, it's really luck of the draw with the rep. Also they aren't clearly marked as clearance, which really helps you price match.

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #2,462 of 3,594
It appears that the Black ones are the only ones that have the glossy earcups, the rest are all matte.

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #2,463 of 3,594
Anyone know if we can buy the black cable (that comes with the browns) separately from Sennheiser? I like the black with red stitching, but I don't like the red cable. Too much like Beats and too flashy.

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #2,465 of 3,594
So an update for anyone who wanted different coloured cables like me. Sennheiser has no problem selling you an extra cable, and here's their price listings:

Normal cable - $12
Remote cable - $90
Shipping (to Canada at least) - $9

So yeah.. needless to say, considering I paid $200 on the headphones, I wasn't interested in spending half the cost of the headphones on different coloured cables. I switched them up for the brown headphones instead. Looks classy. :D

Sep 28, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #2,466 of 3,594
I really liked the sound of the Momentums, but my ears got sore after about 45 minutes of listening.  Plus, they claim the leather is similar to a golf glove.  As a PGA Professional that's given over 20,000 lessons, golf gloves don't last very long.  These looked great in my hands but not as great of my head.  Plus, the remote cord didn't work for me.  I promise I'm not a negative person, but these phones didn't do it for me.  HOWEVER, they may not bother your ears, AND these do sound great.  Plus, they sounded great right out of my iPhone. 

Sep 29, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #2,467 of 3,594
Going over this thread there was mention of JAYS Control for Android to use the remote, but while play/pause works, the volume up/down buttons don't work to change the volume! Ironically they work to setup anything else, like double tapping to skip tracks. Does anyone know of a way to get the remote working through Android?

Sep 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #2,468 of 3,594
  I really liked the sound of the Momentums, but my ears got sore after about 45 minutes of listening.  Plus, they claim the leather is similar to a golf glove.  As a PGA Professional that's given over 20,000 lessons, golf gloves don't last very long.  These looked great in my hands but not as great of my head.  Plus, the remote cord didn't work for me.  I promise I'm not a negative person, but these phones didn't do it for me.  HOWEVER, they may not bother your ears, AND these do sound great.  Plus, they sounded great right out of my iPhone. 

I think golf gloves last longer for non-PGA professionals.  I also think these would last much longer than a golf glove anyway, since they don't see nearly the same level of abuse.  

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #2,469 of 3,594
Mine started to show wear and started to lose the softness after a couple of weeks of somewhat heavy use.  Has anyone had a problem losing the subtleness of the leather?  Or, has the leather cracked a little like it does with a cabretta leather golf glove after use.  I could be wrong...Wouldn't be the first time....Plus, I guess you aren't hitting a golf balls with the headphones as well.    

Oct 1, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #2,470 of 3,594
  Mine started to show wear and started to lose the softness after a couple of weeks of somewhat heavy use.  Has anyone had a problem losing the subtleness of the leather?  Or, has the leather cracked a little like it does with a cabretta leather golf glove after use.  I could be wrong...Wouldn't be the first time....Plus, I guess you aren't hitting a golf balls with the headphones as well.    

No issues here, but I wouldn't consider my use heavy.  So take that for what it is.  

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #2,471 of 3,594

Same problem. I also own a pair of Beyer COP and those go right around my ears, at no point do they touch. The Momentum are supra aural if you ask me. Also, this might be just me but it looks like they have identical drivers to the M100.

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #2,472 of 3,594
Can anyone here give me a comparison between the original Sennheiser Momentums and the new On-Ear Momentums?

I was on a mission today to try out some Sennheiser Momentums at my local audio supplies shop.
It's true, everything everyone is saying (I'm a believer HALLELUJAH) It's really a beautiful set of headphones with the exact type of sound I was looking for with all of the comfort I need for my lifestyle, but the beauty of these headphones just left me with more questions.

The big question is now,

What is the difference between the sound of the classic Momentums and their brand new On-Ear Momentums?
Has anyone listened to both? Are the on-ears comparable to the originals? Is there a BIG difference? Are the on-ears more comfortable because they are lighter weight than the larger size?
The originals will cost me around $311 and the On-ears will be about $230.

I know the original Momentums are worth the price, but what about the on-ears? Which is a better investment in your opinion? I don't record or dj or mix. It would just be for my personal listening pleasure, but I'm sick of settling for the sound quality of "the average consumer"
I've heard the best and now I want it.

Thank you so much for your input!

-Carli

Oct 3, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #2,473 of 3,594
  Can anyone here give me a comparison between the original Sennheiser Momentums and the new On-Ear Momentums?

I was on a mission today to try out some Sennheiser Momentums at my local audio supplies shop.
It's true, everything everyone is saying (I'm a believer HALLELUJAH) It's really a beautiful set of headphones with the exact type of sound I was looking for with all of the comfort I need for my lifestyle, but the beauty of these headphones just left me with more questions.

The big question is now,

What is the difference between the sound of the classic Momentums and their brand new On-Ear Momentums?
Has anyone listened to both? Are the on-ears comparable to the originals? Is there a BIG difference? Are the on-ears more comfortable because they are lighter weight than the larger size?
The originals will cost me around $311 and the On-ears will be about $230.

I know the original Momentums are worth the price, but what about the on-ears? Which is a better investment in your opinion? I don't record or dj or mix. It would just be for my personal listening pleasure, but I'm sick of settling for the sound quality of "the average consumer"
I've heard the best and now I want it.

Thank you so much for your input!

-Carli

not my two cents but heres a helpful interview from a pretty well known head-fier around here

full size momentums
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFwAK0MrIKI

on ear momentums

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3pwkqZNpMw

Oct 5, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #2,474 of 3,594
 When it comes to portable headphones, the importance of this level of comfort cannot be overstated, because, frankly, most of my favorite portable over-ear headphones are supra-aural (or on-ear), and generally not comfortable enough for non-stop hours-long wear. (Again, the MOMENTUM is circumaural, or around-the-ear.)

Yeah but no, these should be marketed as on-ear. My COP swallows them. I find the Momentum terrible, comfort wise, I can feel the driver ridges on my ears. The driver should be flush or there should be a thicker padding on it.

Oct 5, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #2,475 of 3,594
  Yeah but no, these should be marketed as on-ear. My COP swallows them. I find the Momentum terrible, comfort wise, I can feel the driver ridges on my ears. The driver should be flush or there should be a thicker padding on it.

Is it a smaller over-ear?  Yes.  Should it be "marketed as on-ear"? No.  Enough with this.  The COP is an abnormally large over-ear.  Should it be marketed as something else?  Of course not.  Yes, it is kind of small, but that's the extent of it.  Fact is, it fits most people.  It doesn't fit you.  That sucks.  Not everyone is the same size.  Sorry for the rant.  I'm done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back