Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Sep 20, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #2,447 of 3,594

Yes, they are replaceable.  FWIW, Sennheiser offers replacement parts for nearly every headphone they make, or have made.  

thanks! but does anyone see a huge disprepancy between the two audio cables

the audio only is 9.00 pounds
the controls cable is 71 pounds

https://www.google.ca/search?q=39+pounds+to+cad&rlz=1C5CHFA_enCA515CA515&oq=39+pounds+to+cad&aqs=chrome..69i57.3777j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

btw the earpads are like 64$ canadian, thats crazy!!! they cost more than 1/2 of entry headphones!!!

how long has the headphone/ parts hold up for you guys?? (cable, earpads, etc)

Sep 20, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #2,448 of 3,594

thanks! but does anyone see a huge disprepancy between the two audio cables

the audio only is 9.00 pounds
the controls cable is 71 pounds

https://www.google.ca/search?q=39+pounds+to+cad&rlz=1C5CHFA_enCA515CA515&oq=39+pounds+to+cad&aqs=chrome..69i57.3777j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

btw the earpads are like 64$ canadian, thats crazy!!! they cost more than 1/2 of entry headphones!!!

how long has the headphone/ parts hold up for you guys?? (cable, earpads, etc)

So, the iPhone cable is going to have licensing costs for the MFI certification built it.  Also, the controls are metal, rather than plastic, which probably makes a difference.  The ear pads are very nice leather, so I'm not really surprised about that either.  Have you seen the prices Grado charges for their nicer ear pads?  Could be worse.  

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #2,449 of 3,594

So, the iPhone cable is going to have licensing costs for the MFI certification built it.  Also, the controls are metal, rather than plastic, which probably makes a difference.  The ear pads are very nice leather, so I'm not really surprised about that either.  Have you seen the prices Grado charges for their nicer ear pads?  Could be worse.  

still it warrants that much a jump? if it were me i just buy the audio cable (its too bad its not a 3.5mm to 3.5mm i heard its 2.5mm to 3.5mm must be such a hassle to find one)--> not compatible with most headphones

earpads i agree in a sense since their leather! they better be leather!! for that price!! did they wear out on you yet? curious how long ACTUAL leather earpads last, everything i use or used has "pleather earpads" haven't tried velour yet, but seeing picture it seems nice.

not referring to momentums by the way. 

Sep 23, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #2,450 of 3,594

still it warrants that much a jump? if it were me i just buy the audio cable (its too bad its not a 3.5mm to 3.5mm i heard its 2.5mm to 3.5mm must be such a hassle to find one)--> not compatible with most headphones

earpads i agree in a sense since their leather! they better be leather!! for that price!! did they wear out on you yet? curious how long ACTUAL leather earpads last, everything i use or used has "pleather earpads" haven't tried velour yet, but seeing picture it seems nice.

not referring to momentums by the way. 

I think that's a little much for the iPhone cable, personally.  I also usually avoid the cables with buttons though anyway.  I never use them and they just get in the way.  So take my opinion here with a grain of salt.  Is that the price from Sennheiser directly?  

Regarding the ear pads, mine are still in excellent condition.  That said, I listen to quite a few different headphones, so the Momentum isn't in daily rotation.  FWIW though, I don't imagine they would wear out quickly, even with frequent use.  They are very well made and use leather from Pittards, which is well known for making very high quality leather goods.  

Sep 23, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #2,451 of 3,594

I think that's a little much for the iPhone cable, personally.  I also usually avoid the cables with buttons though anyway.  I never use them and they just get in the way.  So take my opinion here with a grain of salt.  Is that the price from Sennheiser directly?  

Regarding the ear pads, mine are still in excellent condition.  That said, I listen to quite a few different headphones, so the Momentum isn't in daily rotation.  FWIW though, I don't imagine they would wear out quickly, even with frequent use.  They are very well made and use leather from Pittards, which is well known for making very high quality leather goods.  

does the controls make a difference in audio quality? just a stupid question but i figured if people don't really need the controls then the jump in price is not worth it

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #2,453 of 3,594
I use the control and iPhone talk to dial my clients and to receive calls. and I can be on my phone more than 3 hours a day. so I need the control talk so much, and i notice that the voice and sound I myself produce is crystal clear and some people started asking of what phone that i am using.... So it's a big deal for me for the control talk! So for some people as well.

Sep 25, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #2,454 of 3,594
I'm not sure if anyone here is from Canada, but London Drugs has these for $199.99. I (and many others) have been able to PM them at Futureshop for $179.99. :) Give it a shot if you can. I haven't opened mine yet because I'm undecided if I want to keep these blacks or exchange them for browns.

Sep 25, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #2,455 of 3,594
I'm not sure if anyone here is from Canada, but London Drugs has these for $199.99. I (and many others) have been able to PM them at Futureshop for $179.99.
smily_headphones1.gif
Give it a shot if you can. I haven't opened mine yet because I'm undecided if I want to keep these blacks or exchange them for browns.

wow that's cheap... they don't do international shipping do they? >_<

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #2,457 of 3,594
I'm not sure if anyone here is from Canada, but London Drugs has these for $199.99. I (and many others) have been able to PM them at Futureshop for $179.99.
smily_headphones1.gif
Give it a shot if you can. I haven't opened mine yet because I'm undecided if I want to keep these blacks or exchange them for browns.

its not on their website! or the that cheap on the futureshop website!

is it just AT the store! omg these good deals! my wallet official hates head-fi

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #2,458 of 3,594
dunno if this is even the right thread anymore or if its been stated before

but the black momentums ON EARS!

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/sennheiser-sennheiser-momentum-on-ear-headphones-black-momentum-on-ear-blk/10260165.aspx?path=f1277cd42f0c591a83750668f25ca45cen02

they finally rolled out the black ones and mann do they look great! but instead of the matte earcups like on the bigger brother it looks like it went for the glossy plastic.. still very nice!!!

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #2,459 of 3,594

its not on their website! or the that cheap on the futureshop website!

is it just AT the store! omg these good deals! my wallet official hates head-fi

Yeah you gotta go in store to price match. Here's my short story. On Saturday I went to FS and demoed the headphones in store. A sales came over and I talked to him about headphones and stuff. I didn't end up buying anything but yesterday when I went in to PM, he was the one that was working there. I told him to PM London Drugs and he said "oh yeah I remember doing this for someone else last week too", and didn't even bother calling London Drugs (even though I had phone numbers and stock info on hand). So for me it was a bit unusual, but what I would recommend for you is to call some stores and find out their stocks, then go in to the store and ask them to call one of those stores. It's more luck than anything else because it largely depends on the rep.

For point of reference, here's some store stock in Richmond, BC (as of Monday):

(604) 448-9857 = 1
(604) 448-4844 = 3
(604) 448-4809 = 2

I would recommend personally calling one of those stores and verifying stock, then going to FS directly and tell rep to call one of those stores. If one rep says no, try again with a different store/rep. It's worth it to pay half price trust me. :)

Sep 25, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #2,460 of 3,594

Yeah you gotta go in store to price match. Here's my short story. On Saturday I went to FS and demoed the headphones in store. A sales came over and I talked to him about headphones and stuff. I didn't end up buying anything but yesterday when I went in to PM, he was the one that was working there. I told him to PM London Drugs and he said "oh yeah I remember doing this for someone else last week too", and didn't even bother calling London Drugs (even though I had phone numbers and stock info on hand). So for me it was a bit unusual, but what I would recommend for you is to call some stores and find out their stocks, then go in to the store and ask them to call one of those stores. It's more luck than anything else because it largely depends on the rep.

For point of reference, here's some store stock in Richmond, BC (as of Monday):

(604) 448-9857 = 1
(604) 448-4844 = 3
(604) 448-4809 = 2

I would recommend personally calling one of those stores and verifying stock, then going to FS directly and tell rep to call one of those stores. If one rep says no, try again with a different store/rep. It's worth it to pay half price trust me. :)

Please keep in mind, this is not in line with the terms and conditions of their price match policy, so your mileage may vary.  Don't get mad at FS if they say no.  It is in their policy.    

Here are the details with the important part bolded:

Here are a few terms and conditions.
The item must be sold by an authorized dealer located in Canada. For online competitor price beats the product must be located in Canada.

The item must be for the same brand and model and the product must be new and factory sealed. It must also be subject to a manufacturer’s warranty applicable in Canada and the product must be available for purchase in Canada.

Competitors’ prices must be in Canadian dollars and will be adjusted for any fees, taxes or other charges such as environmental handling fees and shipping.

Our Price Beat Promise does not apply to Boxing Day prices, advertising errors or misprints, special educational prices, restricted offers, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, OEM products, limited or minimum quantity or limited time offers, close-outs, liquidations, clearances, and financing offers.

The terms and conditions of our “Price Beat Promise” are subject to change without notice.

If you are not completely satisfied, please talk to our store General Manager. If you need more help, call1-800-663-2275 for further assistance. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back