Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions
Apr 1, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #241 of 581
Here is a link to my review. http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-momentum-on-ear-headphone/reviews/10755. I will also be writing up a review of the Mikros 90 and then will start a comparison thread between the two headphones.

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #242 of 581
nice review
they may not have audiophile's signature but they have balanced sound
it fits its purpose... consumer headphones rather audiophile... sennheiser have other hps for audiophiles.. these are made for bass lovers without losing musicality with mids and highs

Apr 13, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #243 of 581
I just caved in and bought one of these babies at a reasonable price, brand new. Good days are ahead of me :)

Apr 13, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #244 of 581
I have my pair up for sale but its because I have to many headphones. If I can't sell them a reasonable price I think I will just keep them.

They really are a good headphone. I only occasionally get sore from them now and that's after a couple of hours of use.

Hema summed these up very well.

Apr 13, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #245 of 581
I have my pair up for sale but its because I have to many headphones. If I can't sell them a reasonable price I think I will just keep them.

They really are a good headphone. I only occasionally get sore from them now and that's after a couple of hours of use.

Hema summed these up very well.

I'm guessing the M500 came out on top, huh? I just sold my M500 (second time owning them), even though I loved them very much. As you just mentioned, what Hemma summarized is exactly what I'm looking for in a portable... something that alternates well with my XBA-H3. Hopefully this is the ticket...

Apr 13, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #246 of 581
Actually I sold the M500 pretty quickly. I found I didn't like the treble and they just were not stable enough on my head.

I find I like the MOE as much as my K545. The MOE offers a more bassy sound that also has stronger lower mids which is different just enough that it offers a nice change up from the K545. The K545 has a bit nicer treble for me but the MOE very nice as well. I like how they both offer enough detail and contrast to be enjoyable without being fatiguing.

Apr 13, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #247 of 581
This is great news. As Ive mentioned before, I really liked what I heard from the one working driver on the defected K545s I had. I will return with impressions once these arrive...

Apr 14, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #248 of 581
Actually I sold the M500 pretty quickly. I found I didn't like the treble and they just were not stable enough on my head.

I find I like the MOE as much as my K545. The MOE offers a more bassy sound that also has stronger lower mids which is different just enough that it offers a nice change up from the K545. The K545 has a bit nicer treble for me but the MOE very nice as well. I like how they both offer enough detail and contrast to be enjoyable without being fatiguing.

More than a bit nicer treble.  MOE sounds comparatively quite dark and undefined up there.
I'm not finding the lower mids stronger than the upper on mine, but the other way around instead.  It makes MOE sound rather unnatural, but not to the extent that my mental DSP can't compensate for it after a minute. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #250 of 581
Something must be wrong with your setup. The momentum are very sensitive and loud out of everything. What are your driving them with?

Apr 14, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #252 of 581
Are you using the line-out?

Your Momentum might have defective drivers or may have a simple wiring problem.

Apr 14, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #253 of 581
Yeah I'm using line out.

A defective driver saddens me 
frown.gif

Could burn in possibly fix this, I've only had it for three days, used it for about 6 hours total.

Another possibility I'm looking at, is that this is my first true on ear, coming from the hd439 and fc300 which are more over ear, I noticed having less isolation than those two so maybe I'm turning up the volume more trying to block out the environment noise

Apr 14, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #254 of 581
I find the MOE to have a peak in the lower treble which takes getting used to but the mids are more emphasized in the lower mids or neutral in the mids as compared to the K545.

Uzunaruto if your cranking the volume to the max what source are using? If your using an idevice or smartphone you should not have to crank the volume and may show you want the midrange to be more forward which would require you to use an equalizer or get a different headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back