Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Jan 12, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #991 of 7,699

Quote:
Got mine today, but I have surprise relative visit so can't listen music with them today. Oh the agony...

Are yours from an authorized dealer? Better to be safe than sorry and have that peace of mind that you have a 2 year warranty... Looking forward to your impressions :).

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #992 of 7,699
I really do like Razor dog, excellent shipping time even to me in Canada and pretty awesome prices even if you don't plan on haggling. 

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #994 of 7,699
Exclude the top tier IEM's and the prices are good 
tongue.gif

EDIT: Prices changed, during the the Christmas break you could buy the HD 650 for $350...

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #996 of 7,699
Authorized dealer, also got the warranty papers. But i got 5 pairs of plugs out of ten. So I should have other 5 pairs but no. Instead I have 5 different plugs. So 15 all together. For 372$ I can only say What?
Edit: found the rest inside the carrying case. Bravo for the designing Senn, bravo.

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #998 of 7,699

Quote:
Either way I'm still the one without any more money specifically for spending on whatever I feel like. 

lol its just my opinion. Of course others will think differently. Then again I'm sure they've never tried the mod and with a good source at that. These things love 24/96 FLAC

Jan 13, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #1,000 of 7,699

Quote:
Well it looks like I'll be in the IE80 club, ordered it today. 
biggrin.gif

With that merlin I can tell you love bass :). I think you'll be quite happy with the IE80 but of course coming from the Merlin I think it will be a downgrade in comparison. Then again you never know? Are you mainly gonna use this on the go and the Merlin in a safer environment?

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #1,001 of 7,699

Quote:
With that merlin I can tell you love bass :). I think you'll be quite happy with the IE80 but of course coming from the Merlin I think it will be a downgrade in comparison. Then again you never know? Are you mainly gonna use this on the go and the Merlin in a safer environment?

Guilty. 
biggrin.gif

Yea I'm gonna be using the IE80 on the go with my iPhone 4 and the Merlin with the HP-P1 @ home. It's a good thing the IE80 doesn't isolate that well since I need to be alert when out and about. Also thinking about getting the TWag for the IE80, not sure yet though.

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #1,002 of 7,699

Quote:

Guilty. 
biggrin.gif

Yea I'm gonna be using the IE80 on the go with my iPhone 4 and the Merlin with the HP-P1 @ home. It's a good thing the IE80 doesn't isolate that well since I need to be alert when out and about. Also thinking about getting the TWag for the IE80, not sure yet though.

Look into getting the Silver galaxy cable and save you a pretty penny. I got mine for $120.00 with free shipping. I think its around $115.00 now. It opened my eyes to what cables can actually do for an IEM. I also know what you mean about being somewhat aware of your surroundings. I've heard some horror stories of people having some close call death exeriences (or even deaths) from those Shure IEMs lol.

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #1,003 of 7,699

Quote:
Look into getting the Silver galaxy cable and save you a pretty penny. I got mine for $120.00 with free shipping. I think its around $115.00 now. It opened my eyes to what cables can actually do for an IEM. I also know what you mean about being somewhat aware of your surroundings. I've heard some horror stories of people having some close call death exeriences (or even deaths) from those Shure IEMs lol.

Yea I'm not about to take a chance of leaving my son because I wanted total isolation from the world. That sure isn't how I want to go out lol.

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #1,005 of 7,699
I think the IE8/IE80's isolate well enough in loud environments unless you have the volume a bit below half on the iPhone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back