Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Feb 18, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #901 of 7,998
Quote:
  I think he was just joking. Everything except a walrus fart has less bass than the FS Atrio. 
wink.gif

Perhaps FS employs walruses as consultants?
tongue.gif

Feb 18, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #903 of 7,998
To anyone staying in Singapore I definitely recommend Stereo. Those guys have virtually every UIEM and high-end headphone for demo. I could stay all night there if they allowed me too :)

Anyone can compare the IE800 and the Merlin in terms of presentation and musicality? They're pretty much the same price. 

Feb 18, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #904 of 7,998

Quote:
They cost around $1200 in Australia.  

Yup. It's shocking and I could and would never pay that price when their MSRP is 999 USD, which is about the same value as the Aussie dollar.

To anyone staying in Singapore I definitely recommend Stereo. Those guys have virtually every UIEM and high-end headphone for demo. I could stay all night there if they allowed me too :)

Anyone can compare the IE800 and the Merlin in terms of presentation and musicality? They're pretty much the same price. 

Never heard the Merlin, but I totally agree with you about Stereo in Singapore. I went to the Ion one (tried the IE800 there, heh) and they had pretty much everything to demo; it was quite simply amazing. The prices there are not especially cheap, but the range makes the trip worth it for me. I hear they have similar shops in Japan which take it to the next level...

Feb 18, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #905 of 7,998

They don't carry a lot of customs though, stereo that is.

Feb 18, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #906 of 7,998
Quote:

As I understand, they also have the Pico Slim. That and the IE800 is a combination that deserves a serious listen. Unless you are worried about your wallet...

Feb 23, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #908 of 7,998
Congrats to you though not your bank balance.
I have had mine about 1 month now and they still impress.
Main use is with my Astell & Kern AK100 solo or the AK100 and ibasso P2.
I do wish the ear buds were standard though.
Still not managed to locate spares actually in stock.

Feb 23, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #909 of 7,998
I tried them to be okay and found them Ok i guess. I was informed they were unburned in and that they get better, so much so that the rep made a point of saying he will get me a pair over so i will be bringing more info very soon!

Feb 23, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #911 of 7,998
Quote:
I tried them to be okay and found them Ok i guess. I was informed they were unburned in and that they get better, so much so that the rep made a point of saying he will get me a pair over so i will be bringing more info very soon!

If these do not impress, then I would suggest there is an issue with the headphone, ie defective, or that there is a mismatch/suboptimal source/amp. I have had mine for several weeks now and these phones really are nothing short of phenomenal. When paired with an rwak they are excellent. When paired with my Tera Player...divine.

Feb 23, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #913 of 7,998
They were good earphones no doubt about that but with the price tag there is a lot consider. These were not defective and I tried with AK100 and MA9. Another head fier at the event trued and fell in love. Maybe with a bit of burn in and time I will feel the magic any how.

Feb 23, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #915 of 7,998
Quote:

If these do not impress, then I would suggest there is an issue with the headphone, ie defective, or that there is a mismatch/suboptimal source/amp. I have had mine for several weeks now and these phones really are nothing short of phenomenal. When paired with an rwak they are excellent. When paired with my Tera Player...divine.

My Tera Player should be in early this week. 

Divine, I like this description!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back