Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
May 5, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #6,271 of 8,119
I tried the sony hybrids when I first got my IE8s and they sounded worse than the stock IE8 medium silicone tips that I have been using regularly.

However, I just bought some comply t-400s. I will never need another tip. From my A/Bing they had no effect on the midrange, and a very (very) slight effect on the highs, but in all honesty I have been EQing the highs up a bit with the IE8s anyway. The comfort trade off is well worth it.

May 5, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #6,272 of 8,119
i´ve moved from the sony hybrids to the UE SF silicons, and its good, i still want to try the monster supertips on the IE8, anyone knows where i can score a pair of mediums ?

May 11, 2010 at 7:44 AM Post #6,275 of 8,119
I enjoyed the hybrids over senns small tips for a while, but have to agree the comply T400 is a superior tip, and my favorite; good isolation, great soundstage and bass that is neither to dry nor too undamped (there is where the SQ varies the most between tips on the IE8s IMO.) I bought 5 sets of the large variety because fitted slightly better then the M (which I used to use for the Shure olives) and since the whole tip gets very soft in the ear there no pressure and perfect seal. My advice with Comply is; get the S/M/L set, and when in doubt like I was, get the bigger size.

May 23, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #6,276 of 8,119
Just thought I would show my face on this thread. I have just sealed the deal with a forum member for his BNIB IE8's for $219!

Can't wait for them to arrive and hear what everyone is one about with them.
It has been years since my last pair of Sennheisers. I had a pair of HD400'S That got used to death. Since then I have tried a few other brands and currently own Stax sr001mk2's, Denon C700's and AKG K701's

I love the Denons but when I saw the price the Senn's were going for I jumped right in! The cheapest I can get them here is $349CAD!

I have gone through a great deal of this thread and searched as well but does anyone have a dedicated review on the forum of this model that I can read up on?
Will do a review of mine when I have burned them in a bit!

May 28, 2010 at 7:15 AM Post #6,277 of 8,119
I just bought the Ie8 and turned ti to the same bass amount but one of the sides plays alot more quiter than the other and both on the most bass tuning i can only feel one side.. anyone know whats wrong? maybe burn in helps?

May 28, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #6,278 of 8,119
I would say that it is a problem with fit, most of the time when there is an imbalance it is the fit, so check that.  If that is really not it, it may be a defective unit.

May 28, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #6,279 of 8,119
Okay, I am waiting on my first ie8's! 
bigsmile_face.gif

(They are an open-box pair from HeadRoom so I have no idea how many hours are on them.)

My Plan
Step One: Make sure they are real.
Step Two: Try to achieve a good fit.
Step Three: Listen and see how everything is doing.

QUESTION:

May I have everyone's current opinion on the "burn out" phenomenon (at around 1000 hrs)???

Even if you don't yet have an idea- is it because you can't really tell or because you have not had them long enough?

Is this something that owners are still concerned about?

Is this possibly caused by habituation?  After enjoying something really nice for a while, it becomes "normal"?

Is it possibly because ie8's are "colored" and by contrast there is a clarity difference against other phones?  (We can have a set of iems in the middle of sound sigs or multiple pairs w/different sound signatures to satisfy and vary the experience?  Who wants to eat the exact same Filet Mignon every night?)

Thanks for FOUR HUNDRED PAGES of thread.  That's gonna keep me up at night
blink.gif

And, thanks for taking the time to update the "burn out" issue.

Cheers,
Cee Tee

May 29, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #6,282 of 8,119
yup, I agree with ChroniCali; double check how you put your pads in.

there are a few ways to put them in; hopefully I do the analogies well enough for you to understand but here goes (both for over the ear);
1. have the earphones in your ear, but the wire down and not over the ear and then almost like turning a screwdriver, turn it in till it becomes wire up. (I don't favour this option, but if it works for you, please go ahead)
2. before placing the earphones in your ear, pull the top of your ear, then in the over ear position, place them into your ear and it should give you a snug fit.

bear in mind that as you move around, the IE8s tend to have rather dodgy isolation. play around with them. the one that gives me the best isolation, muffles the bass for me and also becomes uncomfy for me after a while.

hope this helps. but yes, check the fit, check your source of music and use different tracks cos' it might just be that one single track though I'm sure you have already explored that option.

on a side note about burning out: I can't say I'm too sure cos' I haven't bothered noticing, but I'm pretty sure I'm more than 3/4s of the way to the 1000 hour mark and I still haven't lost any interest in the phones just cos' its a really fun set to have.

Jun 1, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #6,283 of 8,119
Glad to hear that noone is confirming any more "burn-out issues."

Seems like the people who mentioned it before are now listening to SM3's????

Thank you for anyone who will comment on the "burn-out" possibliity.

Should have a pair tonight...

Jun 2, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #6,285 of 8,119

Quote:
If you believe that ie8s change over time it is unreasonable to assume that they will always change for the "better".

and the converse will hold true as well if that is the assumption made

Users who are viewing this thread

Back