Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Jul 8, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #12,916 of 46,554
Quote:
Quote:
Here are the 650's with Toxic Cables Silver Widow's....They made a very positive and noticeable difference. YMMV....

That looks nice but that metal chunk on the cable can easily scratch or damage your headphones. What is that metal chunk anyway?

It is the splitter.... It is very light

Jul 8, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #12,918 of 46,554
Quote:
What headphone stand is that? It looks perfect for these headphones

I think its a Macbook Pro.  Kinda pricey to use it for a stand.......
tongue.gif

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #12,921 of 46,554
Well if I bought an after market cable, thats the one I would buy.
My Thunderpants have a simple mogami with a neutrik jack. Shorter than the 650s cable and doesn't get caught on every corner. I'd probably go with something similar. Longbowbbs has the nicest looking cable but its too fancy for my rig. I don't need my cables looking better than my headphones and amps. :wink:

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #12,922 of 46,554
Quote:
Here are the 650's with Toxic Cables Silver Widow's....They made a very positive and noticeable difference. YMMV....

Nice cable, but its the tube amp I'd love to know more about.  I'm not sure how to refer to it, but it makes the Crack look like David Banner.....

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #12,923 of 46,554
Quote:
Quote:
Well if I bought an after market cable, thats the one I would buy.

My Thunderpants have a simple mogami with a neutrik jack. Shorter than the 650s cable and doesn't get caught on every corner. I'd probably go with something similar (or sleeve the stock cable). Longbowbbs has the nicest looking cable but its too fancy for my rig. I don't need my cables looking better than my headphones and amps.
wink.gif

beerchug.gif

Jul 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #12,925 of 46,554
Quote:
Was English not your first language?

nah....jus baby talk when i first spoke. 
tongue.gif

tried to piece it together since then thru tv / radio....just enuf to ply my trade...n buy some headfones...n chat silly in some forums...then zzzz.

tongue_smile.gif
  u from harvard? 

Jul 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #12,926 of 46,554
Quote:
Quote:
Was English not your first language?

nah....jus baby talk when i first spoke. 
tongue.gif

tried to piece it together since then thru tv / radio....just enuf to ply my trade...n buy some headfones...n chat silly in some forums...then zzzz.

tongue_smile.gif
  u from harvard? 

Nah, cool. Just was wondering.

Jul 8, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #12,927 of 46,554
Quote:
Quote:

Nice cable, but its the tube amp I'd love to know more about.  I'm not sure how to refer to it, but it makes the Crack look like David Banner.....

The amp is a Decware CSP2+. ( www.decware.com) It is a Pre-amp that is also a terrific HD650/HD800 amp. I have it outfitted with a pair of stock Russian 6N1P output tubes and a Genelax 6922 input tube. The rectifier is a USAF-596 with a 2359Glenn made octal to quad adapter. This is a fantastic amp for Sennheiser HP's.

Jul 8, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #12,928 of 46,554
Quote:
Quote:

Pretty sure this is it:

http://www.decware.com/newsite/TABOO.htm

No...This is the Taboo MK III....

It is a great amplifier that pairs with the CSP2+. The Taboo was designed with the Audeze LCD-2 in mind. You can drive 2 SE HP's plus either one 3 pin XLR or 2 4 pin XLR balanced HP's at the same time! You can also have speakers hooked up too. The amp came out in March.

Jul 8, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #12,929 of 46,554
alittle off topic, but wats the reason for pairing it with the CSP2+...is that another amp? 
the taboo wont stand alone?  ( saving my money for one of these...dunno which one..hmmm)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back