Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Dec 19, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #9,694 of 46,554
I agree Middles are so wonderful and detailed.

But without equalizer Middles feel over-emphasized. 

Before buying HD650 i thought that all these people who were writing about "the veil" were psychotics or people who liked bright sparkly sounds unlike me who is "normal" and likes soft highs.

Middles play over the known "veil" which is nothing but a slight suppression on the Lower Frequency part of the Treble spectrum.

I found HD650, responds well to equalizers at any range!!! Thus a slight eq around the 6Khz range will bring you to the right levels !

With eq HD650 can sound near perfect at "Reference" standard which is good for mixing and analyzing. You can distinguish every instrument that is playing. The cover around the ear enlarges the feel of depth and soundstage as well, creating a sense of live performance.

My 2 Euroz

Dec 19, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #9,695 of 46,554
Quote:
could you please recommend me a cable in which it would give a bit more transparency to the 650s...

I heard the cardas does this a bit but maybe there are other better ones?

thank you

No, but I recommend you not to spend any money on cables and be happy with the stock ones....

Sound Quality  will definitely NOT change, even with platinum cables. I' m comfortable with my view especially when talking about high impedance headphones which need high voltage / low current to be driven.

-You don't need a perfectly sheltered cable. It is not a microphone signal you are transferring.
-Impedance of the cable is irrelevant. Your Headphone is 600ohms. If you make it 600.01 it wouldn't feel any difference.
-Coil or Capacitor effect that can add impedance on certain frequency levels? I can not get it why straight cheap "iron" cables have this effect and expensive fancy, "platinum" cables don't have it.....

What I want to say? Sound quality association with expensive cables is a myth, a marketing strategy developed to deceive. It is a scam.

Stay with your stock cables. I am very comfortable with this suggestion......

T C

Dec 19, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #9,696 of 46,554
I don't think it is sorry.. I've heard the cardas and did hear an improvement over the stock ones.. I just want to know if there are people here who do know a better cable than cardas

in terms of transparency and such..

I heard a bit of micro detail and extension on the highs on the cardas cable and a bit transparency in the mids especially a lesser warm on the vocals..

but thanks

Dec 19, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #9,701 of 46,554
Quote:
Was it that obvious?
redface.gif

LOL

Dec 19, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #9,702 of 46,554
I have had both good and bad experiences with cables. The first recable that I did was with a pair of d2k's. I replaced the stock cable with a nice and expensive pure silver cable. It was one of the worst purchases I've made in this hobby. It made a hp that was already bright even brighter and robbed it of the smooth luscious bass that is the hallmark of this headphone. It was not a small difference. I sat there with the newly recabled hp and thought, I've got to be a complete moron. And I was pretty much right. 

Now on the other side of the coin, I've had great experiences with cables on on the hd650 and he400. The silver dragon pairs wonderfully with the 650 and I loved the detail retreival despite being a pure silver cable. 

Cables do not give me a night and day difference in most cases for me. But they can make that small change you're looking for. I mostly buy them for ergonomics and custom lengths. 

Dec 19, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #9,703 of 46,554
Yeah, if I was gonna buy a cable, it'd be for durability, length, aesthetics. Sound is the last thing I expect to notice from a cable.

I already wanna send my Yuin G1A to anyone who could recable them. That stock cable looks hella cheap, and I don't even have it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back