Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Jan 23, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #22,291 of 46,518
It's generally pretty simple, actually, since the two sound very different. The HD650 is warm, enveloping, and somewhat bassy, but loses detail because it's more involving and less clinical in approach. The HD700, on the other hand, was built to be somewhat of a miniature HD800, and it much more detailed and flat. If you like a neutral, colder, and wider sound signature, the HD700 is for you. If you like a warmer, more intimate sound, the HD650 is a better choice.
Oh ok thank you. Could you help me more? Are the hd700 easier to drive than the hd650? Man i still dont know which one is better for me i cant listen to neither also so its like a gamble to try and figure out which is best for me.

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #22,292 of 46,518
Oh ok thank you. Could you help me more? Are the hd700 easier to drive than the hd650? Man i still dont know which one is better for me i cant listen to neither also so its like a gamble to try and figure out which is best for me.

If you like Celine Dion you may want to avoid the 650's.

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #22,303 of 46,518
I would say that Celine is what happens when good talent, lungs, and breath control collide with tastelessness, pandering ambition, and pure show business insincerity. On the other hand, some people don't like her that much.

Yep.

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #22,305 of 46,518

Haha okay I know what your implication here is, but let me at least ATTEMPT a defense.

I bought the HD600s with every intention of keeping them. However, I ended up loving them so much with just a FEW niggling complaints that I have the 650s over there in my sights. I realize that I can't get any good head-time with the 650s otherwise (the ONLY audition spot is 130 miles away at AC Gears where I won't be able to really give them a listen), so yes, I'm going to be That A-hole.

Depending, of course. I've heard some people keep both...

Some do want to keep both. I personally think I want to keep both. I find even though they are somewhat similar they do have different strengths for different music and mood can dictate which you prefer at the time. I do find the HD 650 is the technically better headphone but there are times the edgier and more balanced sound of the HD 600 is favorable. I also have the HD 545 which sounds a bit different than both, its brighter and leaner than the HD 600 but it's less intimate sounding than the HD 600/650 and more spacious which makes it quite easy on the ears and is a lot less clampy comfort wise, I don't use it as much as I should because the original pads fell apart and I don't want to spend $60 for the replacements, and swapping pads from the HD 600/650 is kind of annoying. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back