Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions
Jan 28, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #466 of 737
A lot of people were complaining about the lack of removable cable - now that it's clearly removable, has anybody's opinion changed?

What people wanted was a detachable cable - ie unplug / replug.

Still hasn't change my opinion either way though. One of the better closed headphones I've personally tried (admittedly, I haven't gone high-end).  I use this pair most days.  Really good headphones. Tuning is brilliant.

Jan 28, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #467 of 737
Ah. I haven't commuted with them yet but I'm enjoying them so far (oddly they remind me of the IE80) and they're wonderfully sensitive. I like the controls. They're obviously in a different tier than the LCD-XC and the TH-X00 isn't used for the same purpose, but I admire Sennheiser for constantly offering different products for different purposes.

Jan 29, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #468 of 737
Ah. I haven't commuted with them yet but I'm enjoying them so far (oddly they remind me of the IE80) and they're wonderfully sensitive. I like the controls. They're obviously in a different tier than the LCD-XC and the TH-X00 isn't used for the same purpose, but I admire Sennheiser for constantly offering different products for different purposes.

Interesting- I've had these on my list to try eventually but ie80 one of the few IEMs I would say is good but didn't like very much at all... Still think it's a cool idea though, maybe will try in a trade or something.

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:26 AM Post #469 of 737
Interesting- I've had these on my list to try eventually but ie80 one of the few IEMs I would say is good but didn't like very much at all... Still think it's a cool idea though, maybe will try in a trade or something.

Well, I don't have an IE80 in-hand (and haven't heard one in years) but I did own them and the sound reminded me of it somewhat (particularly the bass profile). Maybe my memory is playing with me, but don't give up on these because of what I said.

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #470 of 737

They are a bit similar to ie80 to be honest, but until we''re talking about things like hd650 vs hd800 which are far in their differences, most sennheiser phones do have a certain sound and signature they do follow. 

Happily their signature is good, but it lacks a bit of treble, except for HD800 which is that headphone with has enough treble 
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #471 of 737
I got my HD630VB's yesterday and I'm enjoying them out my Oppo HA-2SE. I have the bass dial set about midway and they sound great with just about any music genre I played them with. They have that typical Sennheiser smoothness to them and the variable bass is well done in my option. When added, it doesn't bloat the bass but adds some layering and depth to it. When coupled with the bass boost on the Oppo HA-2SE it adds some slam and punch to the bass but of course you would have to dial the bass down quite a bit. Together with the Oppo HA-2SE you have a pretty good, dare I say portable rig for EDM on the go.

The headphones are large by portable standards but different enough to standout from the crowd. But I've just got them and I give them some time to open up and burn in. My only quibble is I wish they had a little more upper range sparkle. Maybe I'll hook them up to my Centrance Hifi-M8 and boost the treble on them to see what a treble boost adds to the mix. Overall, it's a good headphone with and enjoyable sound signature especially when amped up. I have a feeling these scale pretty well with better equipment.

Mar 29, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #472 of 737
This headphone is something funny. I tried them and my latest thoughts are that while they're interesting, not my type of signature. Would go well with a beats type of headphones listener, but since I do favor IE800 or Meze 99 Classics, I kinda wish that  Senn would make a full headphone with the signature of ie800 rather than what 630VB signature has. 

Mar 29, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #473 of 737
I have the IE 800's as well and they are very dynamic. So, I understand what you mean by wishing Sennheiser make a full size headphone with that sound signature. I think they gave a little bit of it to the 800S's while retaining what the original 800's brought to the table. But they have yet make a full-size can as energetic as the IE 800's which is why I can't part with them. I just like what they do.

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #474 of 737
Still my favourite closed headphone to date. I absolutely think Sennheiser nailed it with the signature

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #478 of 737
No. Just ... no. Have some self respect

Your opinion.

Works well, gives some pretty good tuning options and IMO is really well implemented.

Have you had any extended time with it?

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #480 of 737
You should try it at some stage - especially if you like the HD600 or HD800

Users who are viewing this thread

Back