Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions
Mar 17, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #437 of 737
  You are not right. It does not work at all. NO SOUND. Because the 630VB uses 4pin jack.

So use an adaptor .....

And is it the fault of the HD630VB, or poor design if the N6?  It worked with every one of the DAPs I have on hand ....

Mar 17, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #438 of 737

So use an adaptor .....

And is it the fault of the HD630VB, or poor design if the N6?  It worked with every one of the DAPs I have on hand ....

I said it only for info someone. It is not a minus of 630VB. Just a fact.

Silly question, but does it work if you switch between IOS/Android modes? 

Sure!

Mar 29, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #439 of 737
I have to say the HD630VB surprised me at Canjam. I expected something like the HD600/650 but a closed variant and that wasn't the case. That doesn't mean it sounds bad though, I'd love to try it at home to get a better idea of it. It seems Dave (who wrote the latest HFN review) also had to get used to the idea of it being different than the HD600/650.

Has anyone had the chance to compare it against the Beyer COP which also has variable bass?

Mar 29, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #440 of 737
  I have to say the HD630VB surprised me at Canjam. I expected something like the HD600/650 but a closed variant and that wasn't the case. That doesn't mean it sounds bad though, I'd love to try it at home to get a better idea of it. It seems Dave (who wrote the latest HFN review) also had to get used to the idea of it being different than the HD600/650.

Has anyone had the chance to compare it against the Beyer COP which also has variable bass?

So did you enjoy it Ultra?  I really liked it.  Different to HD600 and HD650, but I thought it worthy enough to carry the moniker though.  I miss it.

Mar 30, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #441 of 737
I liked these cans alright, although not enough to keep. I felt like the sound was a little weird/hard to describe. Definitely competent and IMO better than the PM-3's (which I find dull), but I found it hard to dial in to songs the way I like (plus having to fiddle as I go through my diverse playlist was tiring after awhile).

Mar 30, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #442 of 737
I tried...I have/had several variable bass headphones.  This, Beyerdynamic COP (both Over Ear and On Ear), Pioneer SE-MX7, Skullcandy Skullcrushers. 

The only comparison from a musical style standpoint was the Beyerdynamic COPs.  I'll stick with the over ears since that's probably what you are referring to.  They are still very different headphones though.  Beyerdynamic's COP over ears are like the DT770 although not as good but with more sound profiles thanks to the bass switch.  The bass is looser, flabbier I guess could be a word to describe it.  Some may like that, some may hate it.  HD630VB's is a tighter more accurate bass sound.  The beyerdynamic's offer a more forgiving sound.  The HD630VB's are harsher and more accurate.  The beyerdynamic's gently skew warm.  I feel the HD630's are near neutral with the bass turned down.  If not neutral...very close.  The Beyerdynamic's bass is obvious every time you turn the switch up.  The HD630VB's are far more gentle....the bass incline is minimal and tame.  I really feel the HD630VB are for fans of Sennheiser's neutral headphones who argue over too little or too much bass.  This is Sennheiser's closed back way of saying, here have the best of all worlds and go portable with it too.  Even with Sennheiser's bass turned all the way up.  It's in no way as bassy as your average ultra bass heavy warm/dark headphone.  It's not that way.  As opposed to the Beyerdynamic COP which with the bass all the way up is bloated and huge.  I think the Beyerdynamic's soundstage is better.  I frankly didn't feel the Sennheiser had much soundstage at all.  Opinions vary widely on that I notice for both headphones, that's my opinion.  Also the Beyerdynamic COP over ears clip at loud volumes while the Sennheiser HD630VB does not.  Trust me, I listen at medium and loud volumes.  I notice these things. 

The Sennheiser HD630VB's weren't to my taste.  Yet, I did respect them for what they were.  They are sound wise the classiest, most tasteful variable bass headphone one can own if your an audiophile.  They are the closest to neutral bass variable headphone I've heard.  With that said....still not for everybody.  It truly is a headphone to try and decide on your own.  Too difficult to explain, opinions will vary too widely.  You gotta try it on your own and make your own decision. 

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #443 of 737
  I tried...I have/had several variable bass headphones.  This, Beyerdynamic COP (both Over Ear and On Ear), Pioneer SE-MX7, Skullcandy Skullcrushers. 

The only comparison from a musical style standpoint was the Beyerdynamic COPs.  I'll stick with the over ears since that's probably what you are referring to.  They are still very different headphones though.  Beyerdynamic's COP over ears are like the DT770 although not as good but with more sound profiles thanks to the bass switch.  The bass is looser, flabbier I guess could be a word to describe it.  Some may like that, some may hate it.  HD630VB's is a tighter more accurate bass sound.  The beyerdynamic's offer a more forgiving sound.  The HD630VB's are harsher and more accurate.  The beyerdynamic's gently skew warm.  I feel the HD630's are near neutral with the bass turned down.  If not neutral...very close.  The Beyerdynamic's bass is obvious every time you turn the switch up.  The HD630VB's are far more gentle....the bass incline is minimal and tame.  I really feel the HD630VB are for fans of Sennheiser's neutral headphones who argue over too little or too much bass.  This is Sennheiser's closed back way of saying, here have the best of all worlds and go portable with it too.  Even with Sennheiser's bass turned all the way up.  It's in no way as bassy as your average ultra bass heavy warm/dark headphone.  It's not that way.  As opposed to the Beyerdynamic COP which with the bass all the way up is bloated and huge.  I think the Beyerdynamic's soundstage is better.  I frankly didn't feel the Sennheiser had much soundstage at all.  Opinions vary widely on that I notice for both headphones, that's my opinion.  Also the Beyerdynamic COP over ears clip at loud volumes while the Sennheiser HD630VB does not.  Trust me, I listen at medium and loud volumes.  I notice these things. 

The Sennheiser HD630VB's weren't to my taste.  Yet, I did respect them for what they were.  They are sound wise the classiest, most tasteful variable bass headphone one can own if your an audiophile.  They are the closest to neutral bass variable headphone I've heard.  With that said....still not for everybody.  It truly is a headphone to try and decide on your own.  Too difficult to explain, opinions will vary too widely.  You gotta try it on your own and make your own decision. 

Yeah its very clean even to the full Bass range.  I felt with the bass all the way down was less than neutral though.  Thats why its hard to dial in you always have to adjust it to neutral if you want neutral for some songs.  But I really liked it too.  I didn't really expect to like it.

Jun 22, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #444 of 737

Quote:

Yeah its very clean even to the full Bass range.  I felt with the bass all the way down was less than neutral though.  Thats why its hard to dial in you always have to adjust it to neutral if you want neutral for some songs.  But I really liked it too.  I didn't really expect to like it.

Have been looking for circumaural HPs with microphone headset for portable use doing chores around house and yard and these were two that were high on the list.  This info is helpful and draws me to the 630VBs despite the permanent cable issue. I've been trading for used HPs so have not thought about burn-in. Any recommendations about dynamic drivers and SQ changes with burn-in.

Jun 22, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #445 of 737
I really feel the HD630VB are for fans of Sennheiser's neutral headphones who argue over too little or too much bass.

Would you include HD25 in this category? I know some consider it more like a 'v-inclined neutral', but one of my favorites. An over-ear with some resemblance to hd25 with variable bass seems like it cound be fun. Not a huge fan of the design but could always uglify it with some black primer or something
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 11, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #448 of 737
Applications for the Official Australian review tour are open!

If you live in Australia and want to try these out, feel free to apply!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/801375/official-sennheiser-hd-630-vb-australian-tour-thread

Nov 24, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #449 of 737
I'm wondering what users' experiences have been with these headphones as far as durability and reliability? The Sennheiser website seems to make a point about marketing these for being a little tougher and more durable than your standard fare. Is that accurate? I commute to work (in an office environment - so the microphone/headset feature is actually quite useful for me) and would absolutely make these a regular companion if they hold up well outside of sitting in my studio (aspiring classical musician). 

Thoughts from anyone who has owned these more than a few months?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back