Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions
Jan 29, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #421 of 737
  I was actually expecting these to be a lot bassier - but they aren't.  The overall signature is clear, clean and very balanced.  It's only when you push the bass to the last (6th) section of the dial that it really comes out to play.

That's the answer I was hoping for! :)  I had faith in Sennheiser, and I couldn't imagine that they would call this a 6xx and it be a Beats Studio or something with bloated bass.

Jan 30, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #422 of 737
Yea that's how I took them. Starts relatively balanced with bass gently applied to it via the rotator. It's a slider/rotator bass for audiophiles. As compared to all other variable bass headphones I've used, which are warm & bass emphasized even with the slider turned all the way down.

In some ways, it's like Sennheiser took all the people arguing over hd series this and that. Too much and not enough bass. They said, here is a headphone that can do them all. It's very different from other hd series headphones in many ways too, of course.

For audiophile only headphone owners...it's really the only slider style headphone worth trying. I've used nearly every slider headphone. I say that without a doubt.

P.S. also nothing like Beats or bass cannons. Nothing like that at all. Even with the bass maxed.

Feb 1, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #424 of 737
  Here's a video review of the HD 630VB by YouTuber Canoopsy:

Good "first look' at these phones from ... someone sponsored by Sennheiser, yes?  Or am I misreading?  I was curious as to your characterization of them as "colored" and not studio-worthy.  Clearly, the variable bass and the feature set (integrated microphone on cable and controls on cup for Android and iOS) seem to indicate that these are for listening and not monitoring, but would they not be relatively neutral when the bass is at mid-level (if that's the neutral point?) or possibly at "min" setting?

Feb 7, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #425 of 737
The closest thing to neutral on these is with the slider all the way down.

Good "first look' at these phones from ... someone sponsored by Sennheiser, yes?  Or am I misreading?  I was curious as to your characterization of them as "colored" and not studio-worthy.  Clearly, the variable bass and the feature set (integrated microphone on cable and controls on cup for Android and iOS) seem to indicate that these are for listening and not monitoring, but would they not be relatively neutral when the bass is at mid-level (if that's the neutral point?) or possibly at "min" setting?

Mar 8, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #427 of 737
My review posted. One of the best full sized closed backs I've heard.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-hd-630vb/reviews/15448

Mar 8, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #428 of 737
Guys... Any idea what drivers they are using in these 630VBs? Anyone? And how does the dial actually work? Are there multiple drivers, and low-freq driver is connected to a rotating volume control or stuff? Like Trump always says... "What's going on here?"

Mar 11, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #429 of 737
I am hosting the official Sennheiser HD 630VB Australian review tour!

Please come check out the thread, and apply if you're interested.

Thanks!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/801375/official-sennheiser-hd-630-vb-australian-tour-thread

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #430 of 737
Fist of all, 630VB does not work with Cayin N6. With another DAPs I find it not so good as HD650. Sound flat, not musicial and brighter than HD650. But low-freq is good. I am very disappointed, because I wanted to buy a closed alternative to HD650.

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #431 of 737
  Fist of all, 630VB does not work with Cayin N6. With another DAPs I find it not so good as HD650. Sound flat, not musicial and brighter than HD650. But low-freq is good. I am very disappointed, because I wanted to buy a closed alternative to HD650.

I have no idea about either but I read someone suggesting PM3 for that purpose a while ago.

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #432 of 737

thats a bit not encouraging impression

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #433 of 737
  thats a bit not encouraging impression

It's one person's impression, and saying "it doesn't work with the N6" isn't accurate.  He personally may not like it with the N6 - but of course it will work with that DAP.  And if you check my review - it's pretty uncoloured (which to me is a good thing).  Also - most headphones will be "brighter than the HD650" - it's on the warmer side of neutral.

If sstyle wants a closed version of the HD650 , the HD630VB was never going to be that headphone. Mind you, it never claimed to be either.

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #434 of 737

It's one person's impression, and saying "it doesn't work with the N6" isn't accurate.  He personally may not like it with the N6 - but of course it will work with that DAP.  And if you check my review - it's pretty uncoloured (which to me is a good thing).  Also - most headphones will be "brighter than the HD650" - it's on the warmer side of neutral.

If sstyle wants a closed version of the HD650 , the HD630VB was never going to be that headphone. Mind you, it never claimed to be either.

yeah as its contradicting your review, so I assume something is not up to his liking

what matters to me most is that it is dynamic full layered and great bass

Mar 17, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #435 of 737

It's one person's impression, and saying "it doesn't work with the N6" isn't accurate.  He personally may not like it with the N6

You are not right. It does not work at all. NO SOUND. Because the 630VB uses 4pin jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back