Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Mar 19, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #7,081 of 23,482
I think I'm just start to have some tinnitus. I don't notice it at all unless it dead silent then I can hear it but its at a pretty low level. I've always slept with a fan on so it doesn't bother me any at night. I really hope it doesn't get worse but I do listen to my headphone at what I think is quite a loud level which wont help but darn it I can't help myself. 

Mar 19, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #7,082 of 23,482
  I think I'm just start to have some tinnitus. I don't notice it at all unless it dead silent then I can hear it but its at a pretty low level. I've always slept with a fan on so it doesn't bother me any at night. I really hope it doesn't get worse but I do listen to my headphone at what I think is quite a loud level which wont help but darn it I can't help myself. 

Keep what you have and watch that volume control.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #7,083 of 23,482
Tinnitus sucks.

I've had it for a couple decades now.
Unfortunately with age it's gotten more sensitive to high frequencies.
My Beyerdynamic T1 has become almost immposiible to listen to because of this.
Too bad because I really enjoy them.
The hd600 (and especially the hd650) are much less irritating.

Never gotten used to it either.
It still annoys me.
Listening louder does hide it, for a while.
Tends to make it worse after listening though.

Mar 20, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #7,086 of 23,482
Tinnitus sucks.

I've had it for a couple decades now.
Unfortunately with age it's gotten more sensitive to high frequencies.
My Beyerdynamic T1 has become almost immposiible to listen to because of this.
Too bad because I really enjoy them.
The hd600 (and especially the hd650) are much less irritating.

Never gotten used to it either.
It still annoys me.
Listening louder does hide it, for a while.
Tends to make it worse after listening though.

What does your audiogram look like?

Mar 20, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #7,090 of 23,482
Yes, I think so. Tinnitus is closely associated with hearing loss and your hyperacusis is another symptom. Hearing aids can help with hearing loss, tinnitus, and hyperacusis.

Of late I've been underinsured so no audiologist in my recent past.
Recently got new insurance and a new doctor.
First visit next week.
I'll be addressing several neglected health issues including this.

We'll see.

Way too much loud music growing up....

Mar 20, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #7,091 of 23,482
I can't remember the last time I saw an audiologist, probably in high school which was the late 90's (man I'm getting old). Since I have insurance I'm guessing I should probably see one. Over all I can hear good its just that faint low buzz I hear when its dead silent.

Mar 20, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #7,092 of 23,482
I think a lot of people hear a faint buzz when it's silent and they focus in on it. Because our passion is music and audio equipment we tend to notice and obsess about it more. My better half says she gets it when I ask her to 'listen' for it and she has never been into loud music/ gigs/ raves like I was growing up. I personally listened to music way to loud for a long time because my life was dance music and clubs for years (plus I was a dj and my left ear took a battering) Now if I think about it I can hear a buzz/hiss when it's silent (which is worse when I'm unwell ) but I don't usually notice it. Not sure if it's tinnitus or just normal?

Mar 20, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #7,093 of 23,482

Woah. That's nuts. Through headphones or speakers? How loud?

I have a little bluetooth speaker I use with my Android phone.

Edit: by white noise generator, I meant an app that I use on my phone, not a dedicated device. I don't have the volume set very loud.

Mar 20, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #7,094 of 23,482
Tinnitus is by no means solely due to hearing loss. Jaw / mastication problems, high blood pressure, diabetes, stress and earwax blockage are all possible causes, among many others.

I suffer from it, at the tender age of 36, and my hearing is fine (an audiogram confirmed it).

Don't rush to the audiologist if you're worried, see your usual doctor first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back