Sennheiser hd 558 cable replacement question
Dec 12, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #46 of 75
Strange enough to say that a 12 pounds shorter cable might make a difference in the quality, but at least it sounds better, not worse! Thanks for your reply and enjoy it!
My  headphones -HD 558 have almost 2 months of usage since I've bought them, and still consider them as new and treat them with extra caution - don't know why, but seem rather fragile..and that long cable makes things even worse since I don't want to step on it or damage it in any way...
Maybe Sennheiser will provide a replacement since they've launched the headphone with a detachable cable- if it doesn't,well it will make no sense whatsoever.

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #47 of 75
Quote:
OK -

Sennheiser has released what many have been waiting for.  A 4.5' long cable with the 3.5mm plug.

I just got off the phone with Sennheiser and ordered it today.

Part number is "US5X8shortcable"

They have to type it in as one word like that for it to come up in their system.  $12.95 plus shipping.

You're welcome!

Thank you! I have been looking for this for a long time! I will probably call soon.

Dec 23, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #49 of 75
Quote:
I got the seenheiser short cable in a few days ago and it's great. It's just like the stock cable, only it's 4.5' long and terminated with a nice 3.5 plug. it's perfect for putting your phone or iPod in your pocket and walking around.

Can you post some pictures please? 
happy_face1.gif

Dec 31, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #51 of 75
Just called sennheiser USA and placed an order for this cable. The gentlemen on the phone knew the part number by heart. He said they have been selling like hot cakes. He told me that they have a 3rd party that manufactures theses cables for them. Came out to be 20 bucks with shipping!

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #52 of 75
Quote:
Just called sennheiser USA and placed an order for this cable. The gentlemen on the phone knew the part number by heart. He said they have been selling like hot cakes. He told me that they have a 3rd party that manufactures theses cables for them. Came out to be 20 bucks with shipping!

Maybe they have it only in USA? i doesn't make sense, i'm in Germany , Sennheiser is a german brand! and they don't sell the cabel here????

Jan 3, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #53 of 75
p.m. me if you are still interested in a short Sennheiser HD 558 cable with a 3.5 mm (AUX/ iPhone input) instead of a 3m cable with 6.5 mm input.

Also works for

Sennheiser HD 518
Sennheiser HD 598

Jan 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #55 of 75
Hi, you're right.. Ive been waiting for this exact cable to come out ever since I bought the HD558 headphones. Would I be able to order one through you? I'm in Australia and cant get it over here. Payment through paypal would be an option if you agree :)
Cheers. Tom

Apr 8, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #56 of 75
I dont know if this is a dead forum, but you can also buy the shorter cable (US5X8SHORTCABLE) here 

http://poc.sennheiserusa.com/parts/finder.php?product=504628

/////////// 
{ ^  _  ^ }

Users who are viewing this thread

Back