Seattle area vinyl junkies?
Jun 3, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #16 of 134
I'm game.

Jun 4, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #17 of 134
UW venue is great.
smily_headphones1.gif

see if I can find a kind person to take me there, and I can take a day off since I work on weekend.
redface.gif

If not, what I can bring are only ATH-W3000, modded ATH-AD500, Grado RS-1 and HF-2 (I'm sure I'm in the first batch and will receive it at the mid of June according to Todd's email.)

Jun 4, 2009 at 7:41 AM Post #18 of 134
Hey, I'm really considering making the drive from Portland to possibly make this my first meet. Like iamoneagain said earlier, I'd definitely listen to the vinyl but I'm more interested in getting some exposure to some phones as I'm new to the game. I'm also really interested in testing out a portable amp, so I'd love if someone had and was willing to bring something from that category that I might be able to check out. Depending on the timing and the equipment I may be able to talk myself into the drive! Thanks guys.

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #19 of 134
hey guys time for that impromptu meet! Got my HD800's in but I will be traveling in the upcoming weeks.

Can you guys meet this weekend? I'm open Sat morning, Sun morning, and maybe if you asked real nice I could give up my friday night?

smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #20 of 134
If we end up doing a weekday, I can probably take it off. Have a pretty flexible schedule now.

Jun 5, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #22 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys time for that impromptu meet! Got my HD800's in but I will be traveling in the upcoming weeks.

Can you guys meet this weekend? I'm open Sat morning, Sun morning, and maybe if you asked real nice I could give up my friday night?

smily_headphones1.gif

Just name the time and place for the HD 800 minimeet, I'll be there.
Gotta be at Silver Platters on Queen Anne Friday night at 7 p.m. for a Magnolia Audio event featuring Neil Young recordings. Some Martin Logan Purity speakers will be given away as a door prize. Saturday and Sunday are open.

I have all sorts of vinyl and analog gear to show. The U venue sounds interesting. I could bring a Rega P3 Grace 707 Shure V15 IV rig and a VPI HW-19 Jr with Rega RB300 Incognito wiring cartridge to be determined. I have several phono stages, incuding the PS Audio GCPH, Grado PH-1 and Brenneman.

Jun 5, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #23 of 134
Man, we need a date to work on! Please guys throw something at us to chew on. Fathers day weekend I will be MIA and 4 of July.

Jun 7, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #26 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by Markj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have about 100-150 records and two turntables, I am thinking about selling them. My HD 800 are coming monday first of June. Location Shoreline. HD 800 is in the house. K701 for sale. I have read really good reviews about HF2 from CanJam. It's really tempting.

So, do you have the Senn HD 800 in hand?
If so, how about a minimeet to let us hear them.
Keep the records if they're of any interest to you.
Which turntables, tonearms and cartridges do you have?
If you are not involved with your vinyl it probably has much to do with your player and phono stage. They may be limited.

Jun 7, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #27 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What days of the week are you all free? My schedule is a bit wacky, but doesn't rotate or anything:

Mon 7AM - 530PM
Tue [OFF - free]
We [OFF - free]
Thu [OFF - free]

Fri 7AM - 530PM
Sat 7AM - 530PM
Sun 7AM - 530PM

The U venue would not appear to work for you on a weekend if I'm interpreting your schedule correctly. So where could we meet on a Tue, Wed or Thu?

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #28 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by curbfeeler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The U venue would not appear to work for you on a weekend if I'm interpreting your schedule correctly. So where could we meet on a Tue, Wed or Thu?

Sorry maybe I didn't write it very well. I have a wierd way of phrasing things sometimes :p Basically I work 7am-530pm on Fri Sat Sun Mon, and i'm free ALL day on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

So anything Monday evening, or any time Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, would work fine for me.

I could do it during the evening on other days but i'd probably have to leave after a couple hours unfortunately. If we assume I could make it there by 6:00pm, i'd need to leave by about 9:00 at the latest.

Jun 9, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #29 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by Markj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have about 100-150 records and two turntables, I am thinking about selling them. My HD 800 are coming monday first of June. Location Shoreline. HD 800 is in the house. K701 for sale. I have read really good reviews about HF2 from CanJam. It's really tempting.

So, are you in the Seattle area Markj?
Do you have Sennheiser HD 800 cans in hand?
If so, let's hear them!
Suggest a time and place, please.

Jun 11, 2009 at 10:46 AM Post #30 of 134
Hey guys. Just checking in again...

Spring quarter at UW ends this Friday, so the room should be available next week - though some time to plan ahead and let people know whats going on would be nice. Classes resume again Monday, the 21st of June. Lets get a date nailed down!!

And if an HD800 mini-meet does happen I am awesomely interested.

edit: I just realized I am participating in a film-making competition the weekend of June 19th, so unless I am able to arrange for another student in my department to open the room for us, that weekend will be a no-go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back