Seattle area vinyl junkies?
Jul 8, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #121 of 134
It's like I said only thing I like about your old setup is quantity of bass.
biggrin.gif
Everything seems too warm and too slow.

About my W3000, it's hard to make it sound like the L3000. The wood is the same (Hokkaido cherry wood) but the cup's shape is different. W100's cup is deeper than the L3000's. It decreases bass while increase treble. At this point the cans sounded really aggressive. Replacing the driver housing to be the same as W5000's or L3000's and adding some dampening inside the cup makes its bass coming back a bit and tame down the treble a little. Changing the cable to the Jena Labs OFC makes sound warmer. It was the way the can sounded at the last meet. Now I remove and replace some dampening and found its sound great as I like!

However, it just come close to the original L3000 like 90% of overall SQ - less bass and more treble.
redface.gif
I hope we can make a head-to-head comparison again as well.
L3000.gif

Jul 8, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #122 of 134
Thanks. Didn't realize how much the cup shape effects the sound.

What about the HF-2. Do they sound more detailed than the RS-1, or just a bassy version. The PS-1 definitely was way more resolving than the RS-1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's like I said only thing I like about your old setup is quantity of bass.
biggrin.gif
Everything seems too warm and too slow.

About my W3000, it's hard to make it sound like the L3000. The wood is the same (Hokkaido cherry wood) but the cup's shape is different. W100's cup is deeper than the L3000's. It decreases bass while increase treble. At this point the cans sounded really aggressive. Replacing the driver housing to be the same as W5000's or L3000's and adding some dampening inside the cup makes its bass coming back a bit and tame down the treble a little. Changing the cable to the Jena Labs OFC makes sound warmer. It was the way the can sounded at the last meet. Now I remove and replace some dampening and found its sound great as I like!

However, it just come close to the original L3000 like 90% of overall SQ - less bass and more treble.
redface.gif
I hope we can make a head-to-head comparison again as well.
L3000.gif

Jul 8, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #123 of 134
I didn't as well, but after I tried to put the L3k drivers on W5000 and other ATH models, I did.
redface.gif

Speaking of HF-2, it's still in the break-in time. It has more bass than RS1 while a bit less resolving though.

I guess I need to give more time on it.
redface.gif

Jul 11, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #127 of 134
There is a possibility that my isabellina hfa and my offramp might show up a day or two before the meet. They wont be burned in but if they arrive it will be worth bringing.

Jul 11, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #128 of 134
I can't believe that I missed Portland in March and now I'm gonna miss this one too. You'd think that I'd have watched closer.. I got a cheap red-eye to Denver for the 25th and won't be bcak until Monday.... Oh well... Maybe the next one.... I have pretty un-impressive gear, but I would lile to meet the Northwest Locals.

Jul 16, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #131 of 134
I am working on a new source to bring to the meet. Need more than what I have now.

Jul 16, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #132 of 134
Hey folks, I'm a bit of a newbie around here - does anyone mind if I come join the party? I don't have a lot to offer, I can bring an HD650 (don't know if anyone finds that interesting anymore..) I live in the Mill Creek area, I could offer a ride if someone needs it. I think I saw that someone lived around Silver Lake....

Jul 16, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #133 of 134
just come and enjoy would be totally fine.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I think I will start the new thread with fully organized information about this meet at least for people who may want to join and don't want to read all 9 pages to discover where when and etc.

Jul 20, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #134 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just come and enjoy would be totally fine.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I think I will start the new thread with fully organized information about this meet at least for people who may want to join and don't want to read all 9 pages to discover where when and etc.

Just remembered about the new thread. I'll post the link below.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f24/se...y-26-a-435122/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back