Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Sep 22, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #1,337 of 3,541
I hope you are not too eager then since you will have to wait 3 weeks at least. My cables came with the wrong plug so going to send them back the next day after I receive them. They have the dual 3 pin instead of the 4 pin but going to test it out on the amp that day. Also I will be in need of another dac depending on how it sounds. If it is good enough I may purchase another dac so I have something going balanced to the mjolnir and my current system for two separate ones. Of course if I find SE to the amp is excellent I may not bother since my dac is already very good.

Sep 22, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #1,338 of 3,541
So the amp arrived and is much heavier than I expected as well as bigger than I thought. It is probably 2-3x the size of my V200 amp. The only problem is that my HD800 cables have not arrived so I have a large paper weight for a few days :p

Where did you order your cables from? Toxic?

Sep 22, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #1,339 of 3,541

I just noticed that on the corner of the amp. My guess is that it is not supposed to be like that so I'm going to have to contact Schiit and see where it goes from here. I'd rather not spend $50 to have it ship back however because of this dent. I guess that's bad luck for me.

*sigh* Jason replied and looks like shipping damage. It did take extra long compared to usual for USPS so the likely culprit. I've heard usps claims are a huge pain and it is just a dent I guess

Sep 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #1,340 of 3,541
I'd still claim the hell out of them, if I were you. This "just a dent" is going to start eating at your soul. :p
Quote:

I just noticed that on the corner of the amp. My guess is that it is not supposed to be like that so I'm going to have to contact Schiit and see where it goes from here. I'd rather not spend $50 to have it ship back however because of this dent. I guess that's bad luck for me.

*sigh* Jason replied and looks like shipping damage. It did take extra long compared to usual for USPS so the likely culprit. I've heard usps claims are a huge pain and it is just a dent I guess

Sep 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #1,341 of 3,541
Bummer!
It looks as though it is on the rear corner?
Still, no one wants a brand spankiing new component with a dent regardless of where it is.
If the construction is the same 'clam shell' as the Bifrost, maybe you could just replace the shell yourself?

Sep 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #1,342 of 3,541
It's in the back left of the amp. I wouldn't have noticed it if I didn't decide to move some stuff around that involved taking everything out of my rack.

Jason did ask if I wanted to file a claim but I'm not sure if it can be since in the tracking I didn't see anything about insurance. Also the case is much larger than the Mjolnir and I guess if they wanted to send me one they could send me that part since the case comes in two different pieces. However it's not Jason's fault and it isn't mine so meh. Hopefully something can be worked out but I'm not going to count oni t.

Sep 22, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #1,344 of 3,541
I've seen some weird things happen during shipping. My guess is the power cable plug. Also I just checked the plastic bag thing the amp came in and there is a slight hole in the area where I could see that part of the amp being put in.

Anyway it seems some other employee at Schiit will guide me through the steps on Monday. I guess it wasn't meant to be smooth sailing for me :p The cable and then the dent lol

Sep 22, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #1,346 of 3,541
Quote:
Hmm, shouldn't Schiit be paying for shipping back?  

He won't pay a dime. We just have to go through shipping insurance when it's shipping damage. It'll all get worked out with minimal pain and no cost.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Sep 22, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #1,347 of 3,541
I'm not sure how it will work out yet. I'll wait until monday when I get instruction. Either way it does seem like they take care of their customers and definitely more responsive than some other companies I've dealt with.

It does seem like usps claims can be done online however with evidence of damage, receipt and some kind of estimate on damage cost.

Sep 23, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #1,349 of 3,541
Sep 23, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #1,350 of 3,541
There are few people or companies as customer oriented as Jason or Schiit as his statement above indicates--

Schiit Happens--

I am sure they will make it all GOOD and as painless as possible....

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back