Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Sep 19, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #1,307 of 3,541
Quote:
It's starting to sound like the Mjolnir is an ideal match for Audeze' headphones, but is there a consensus yet on which model is the most ideal pairing? In other words, does it prefer the creaminess of the rev.1, the less laid-back(?) rev.2, or does it totally scale up with the LCD3?

I think it pairs pretty darn good with the rev2. I'm not the guy who would take the even darker rev1 since the rev2 exists. Haven't heard it on the lcd3 yet.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Sep 19, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #1,308 of 3,541
Quote:
Just curious..   

What SS amp does the LCD-2 not work so good with?  That has enough power to drive it that is.

I got a great deal on a Peachtree Audio Grand Pre and I tried it w/ an LCD2... Although not the most popular, I don't like the pairing.  Well its good, I just feel it doesn't scale up appropriately.

Anyways its going back and I'll get a W4S Dac2 and another top tier amp, but I will wait for the Schiit Statement.

Sep 19, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #1,309 of 3,541
Quote:
I got a great deal on a Peachtree Audio Grand Pre and I tried it w/ an LCD2... Although not the most popular, I don't like the pairing.  Well its good, I just feel it doesn't scale up appropriately.

Anyways its going back and I'll get a W4S Dac2 and another top tier amp, but I will wait for the Schiit Statement.

I have the LCD-2r2 paired with the W4S Dac-2. My amp is the Bryston BHA-1.

The synergy between the three components is simply fabulous. dleblanc343 heard it for itself.

Energy, resolution, linearity on the entire spectrum of frequencies and with a bass to die for but yet with a warmer and smoother presentation than the Mjolnir. At least with the Mjolnir I compared it to. We will do another comparaison soon with more burn-in on the Mjolnir.

You really should consider the Bryston with your LCD-2r2 and the W4S Dac-2. It's more expensive than the Mjolnir but the sound, the build quality and the 20 years warranty justify it IMHO.

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #1,310 of 3,541
I was hoping it would come today but it wasn;t meant the be. The tracking said it was expected to be delivered today and that part is usually pretty accurate for USPS but I guess it will come tomorrow. I was hoping today since I was off work so hopefully someone is home tomorrow or I'll have to pick it up Saturday. It wouldn't have made a difference since my HD800 still has a SE cable anyway.

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #1,313 of 3,541
I have the LCD-2r2 paired with the W4S Dac-2. My amp is the Bryston BHA-1.

The synergy between the three components is simply fabulous. dleblanc343 heard it for itself.

Energy, resolution, linearity on the entire spectrum of frequencies and with a bass to die for but yet with a warmer and smoother presentation than the Mjolnir. At least with the Mjolnir I compared it to. We will do another comparaison soon with more burn-in on the Mjolnir.

You really should consider the Bryston with your LCD-2r2 and the W4S Dac-2. It's more expensive than the Mjolnir but the sound, the build quality and the 20 years warranty justify it IMHO.

Lappy, I agree 100% with you. This is a great synergy pairing.

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #1,314 of 3,541
Anyone seen a gungnir review as yet? Is there a thread as yet?

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #1,315 of 3,541
Quote:

Has anyone received one? I'm waiting for Addicted to Audio to ship mine. I'll be sure to post flowery superlatives when the thing arrives and I complete my Schiity stack. 
wink.gif

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #1,316 of 3,541
Check the Gungnir thread. A couple have received theirs. Not much for impressions yet, but I don't expect anything definitive for a week or more.

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #1,317 of 3,541
This post from the Gungnir thread mentioned above is an early impression but useful; has valuable comparison with the Eximus DAC. Nice mention of Mjolnir as well, from an owner of both it and the Bryston.

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #1,318 of 3,541
Quote:

Quote:
Check the Gungnir thread. A couple have received theirs. Not much for impressions yet, but I don't expect anything definitive for a week or more.

There's been a handful of people that have heard the unit back in August. I think the first time the final unit was shown was at the L.A. meet. You could check out that page for some comments :)

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #1,319 of 3,541
I'm not sure that was the final unit, I thought I read that a tweak was made to the Gungnir after that show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back