Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Apr 17, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #6,466 of 23,494
  If y'all don't learn to behave and get along, you're all grounded.  No Lyr for a week!

whoa, even being a dad now- 
reading that line quickly above gave me the cold panic shivers!

"No Lyr!!?  but but but...."

blink.gif

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #6,468 of 23,494

Bob, your research efforts and encyclopedic knowledge of tubes have been invaluable to the members of the Schiit Tube Rollers forum. In fact, you've made it the most substantive forum on head-fi. 

I will gladly move to wherever you choose to land.  

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #6,470 of 23,494
  If y'all don't learn to behave and get along, you're all grounded.  No Lyr for a week!

After that the punishment gets serious: you'll be forced to listen to your least favorite music with the most raggedy-ass tubes we can find.  Jude won't be able to help you then 
wink.gif

Or do a 17 tube roll-a thon with JJs and Sovtek's  (not that there is anything wrong with them)

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #6,472 of 23,494
The strange thing about all of this is that rb2013 got banned for actually DEFENDING a Shiit product when Jason and Schiit are major players here on this site. Schiit is the reason I was originally pulled into Head-fi. Doesn't make sense. Plus, to ban someone without even talking with them about it is disrespectful and ... dare I say it... a bit dictatorial? I wasn't even that unreasonable and punitive when I was teaching middle school! 

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #6,473 of 23,494

Bob, your research efforts and encyclopedic knowledge of tubes have been invaluable to the members of the Schiit Tube Rollers forum. In fact, you've made it the most substantive forum on head-fi. 

I will gladly move to wherever you choose to land.  

Thanks!  It has been fun - but time to move along to other pastures.  Thanks Jude for the opportunity to be here for a couple of years and what now...2220 posts.
beerchug.gif

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #6,474 of 23,494
  The strange thing about all of this is that rb2013 got banned for actually DEFENDING a Shiit product when Jason and Schiit are major players here on this site. Schiit is the reason I was originally pulled into Head-fi. Doesn't make sense. Plus, to ban someone without even talking with them about it is disrespectful and ... dare I say it... a bit dictatorial? I wasn't even that unreasonable and punitive when I was teaching middle school! 

Great point!  But the Schiit folks want no part of this fight - there's a long history there.  Just google Headfi ban and you'll see what I mean.  Best they stay clear.

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #6,475 of 23,494
Out of all the people I've encountered here, Bob has been the most knowledgeable and the most willing to answer questions - sometimes quite basic ones - and to share his knowledge. His loss to this forum will be huge.

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #6,477 of 23,494

In order to defend a product that product must first have been attacked. It was not! Do some research.

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #6,478 of 23,494
So it's a great day to use the Lyr inside without overheating!

(Well that was unrelated to the forum)

Since this is a tube rolling thread, where are the lists of impressions?

There are over 6000 replies of impressions of various tubes.  I have personally attempted to answer questions from you.  Please do not be snarky.

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #6,479 of 23,494
  Out of all the people I've encountered here, Bob has been the most knowledgeable and the most willing to answer questions - sometimes quite basic ones - and to share his knowledge. His loss to this forum will be huge.

No doubt! But his contributions to a new venue will be enormous. I don't know about anyone else, but I always look forward. That's where the future is. 

Moving on up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back