Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Apr 17, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #6,421 of 23,494
You guys might enjoy this - just posted on the 6922 tube rolling thread:

1 minute ago
  1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/e/e6/100x100px-LS-e601b3c9_avatar99968_26.jpeg[/img]
  1. rb2013
  2. Author of The 6922 Tube Review
  3. badge_contributor.v3479891814.png
  5. online
  1. 2,201 Posts. Joined 4/2013

What??? What idiot banned him?

And why were most of the post removed?

Something really smells bad here.

Good question!:  And this Schiit remains posted. BTW read my new signature.
4/14/15 at 5:12pm

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/d/d8/100x100px-LS-d824b9f9_KeepCalmAndCanJam.png[/img]
  1. Currawong
  2. badge_administrator.v3481641603.png
  4. offline
  1. 13,723 Posts. Joined 1/2008
  2. Location: An Australian living in Fukuoka, Japan.

You are right!  My apologies - but some folks have been bashing the Lyr's for months and spreading all kinds of false information about them.  They persistently troll this thread and have been for a long time.

Really? First we've heard of this. If you believe someone is intentionally causing problems, please report their posts, but DO NOT REPLY TO THEM. Why would you want to re-post or amplify something that you feel is inappropriate or bad? That's for you to think about. 

http://head-fi.org/a/posting-guidelines

Back on topic guys.

The deletion countdown clock has begun: one, two, three, four...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #6,425 of 23,494
  Currawong did it again last night - deleted a factual post on the Ember using $3.37 opamps (which it does).  Jude had promised me that would not happen again.

Final straw - I'm done.

Currawong did it again last night - deleted a factual post on the Ember using $3.37 opamps (which it does).  Jude had promised me that would not happen again.

Final straw - I'm done.

Let us know where you land so we can follow...

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #6,426 of 23,494

Let us know where you land so we can follow...

Will do - you have my email right?  PM me for it.

Meanwhile the Joker and his merry band of Lyr trollers get to troll away!

No justice around here.

Interesting his posting accent is very similar to the designer and builder of the Project Burnt Ember( who has sent me several long accented emails).  Very interesting.  Could they be related?  Maybe from the same village.

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #6,427 of 23,494

Will do - you have my email right?  PM me for it.

Meanwhile the Joker and his merry band of Lyr trollers get to troll away!

No justice around here.

Interesting his posting accent is very similar to the designer and builder of the Project Burnt Ember.  Very interesting.  Could they be related?  Maybe from the same village.

It was not just a post of yours.  Literally pages of the Lyr Tube Roller thread just dissapeared yesterday.  There were posts from a fair number different members questioning what had occurred and that were summarily deleted.

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #6,429 of 23,494
Since you mention my name I feel I have to defend myself.

For the record: I have never posted in any Schiit thread before this post. I have no axe to grind either with Schiit or for Garage 1217.

I don't own any products from either Schiit or Garage 1217, nor have I ever done so previously.

I have never made any derogatory comments re Schiit in any thread on Head-Fi.

I've never even heard a Schiit product.

Your problems are of your own making my friend. You hijacked a Project Ember thread and people were rightly upset with you for doing so.

I never contacted any mods about your behaviour in that thread, nor do I know anyone who did.

I alighted upon this thread because it's currently the busiest thread in the full-size amps section of the forums. I am currently looking to buy a new amp and so I'm researching all the possibilities.

Good luck to you in all your endeavours.

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #6,430 of 23,494
Since you mention my name I feel I have to defend myself.

For the record: I have never posted in any Schiit thread before this post. I have no axe to grind either with Schiit or for Garage 1217.

I don't own any products from either Schiit or Garage 1217, nor have I ever done so previously.

I have never made any derogatory comments re Schiit in any thread on Head-Fi.

I've never even heard a Schiit product.

Your problems are of your own making my friend. You hijacked a Project Ember thread and people were rightly upset with you for doing so.

I never contacted any mods about your behaviour in that thread, nor do I know anyone who did.

I alighted upon this thread because it's currently the busiest thread in the full-size amps section of the forums. I am currently looking to buy a new amp and so I'm researching all the possibilities.

Good luck to you in all your endeavours.

Well you did call me a 'shill' didn't you.  That was your 'behavior'

My transgression - was posting the truth (as confimed by the designer).

That the Ember uses $3.37 opamps (Opa551) not real Mosfet Class A output devices like the Lyr. 

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Texas-Instruments/OPA551FAKTWT/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtCHixnSjNA6Mrdwin7F8A2bA8L4aIkmlI%3d

Speaking that kind of truth here is sacrilegious.

And it's no problem for me!  I was promoted to 'Contributor' by Jude who personally lifted the Ban.
By the way what have you contributed to the community?  Other then the Project Ember Review thread  Lyr trashing?

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #6,431 of 23,494
No mate, I'm afraid I didn't.

My post has since been deleted but from memory what I said to you was that "you're not clever & this isn't funny".

Why would you want to go onto another thread just to rake muck anyway? It makes no sense to me.

You need to look in a mirror mate. I've read a lot of your posts here in this thread and you're undoubtedly a very knowledgeable contributor to this place.

I simply can't understand why you'd choose to troll in a thread where you have no involvement.

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #6,432 of 23,494
Go find a post where I "trash" the Lyr. I'm pretty sure I've never even mentioned the Lyr before. Seriously pal, get a grip.

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #6,433 of 23,494
C'mon, guys. This isn't worth the fight.

Like I said to @rb2013, I'd like to see the Project Ember thread be able to continue without any unnecessary antagonism when other products in the same category are mentioned; and I'd like the same for the Lyr thread.

Like I also said to rb2013, give me a chance to review both threads carefully, and I'll handle the moderating of them later today and this weekend. In the meantime, can't y'all just get along?

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #6,434 of 23,494

Like I said to @rb2013
, I'd like to see the Project Ember thread be able to continue without any unnecessary antagonism when other products in the same category are mentioned; and I'd like the same for the Lyr thread.

Like I also said to rb2013, give me a chance to review both threads carefully, and I'll handle the moderating of them later today and this weekend. In the meantime, can't y'all just get along?

My posts here speak for themselves mate. I've been brought into something I'd rather not be involved in but I will not have my good name traduced in this way. It would be interesting to hear what Schiits people think of this guy trolling other companies thread, presumably in their name. It's not cool.

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #6,435 of 23,494

Like I said to @rb2013, I'd like to see the Project Ember thread be able to continue without any unnecessary antagonism when other products in the same category are mentioned; and I'd like the same for the Lyr thread.

I would offer that a 48 hours cease fire here and in Ember thread be considered by all.
let Jude do the due diligence.

but it's also clear that the one sided moderation and massive post deletions to (and reactions about) rb2013's banning escalated the topic way beyond initial "amp to amp" disagreements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back