Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here.
Oct 10, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #436 of 2,799
Any new impressions from those of you who have had your Multifrost running for a while now?

I don't really notice any improvement post warmup which is short, few hours. Then again, I got mine, plugged it in, turned it on, made sure JRMC was happy started something playing then had to replace my damnable AT&T modem so I was not in the room for the warmup.

Oct 10, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #438 of 2,799

Really anything besides the latest (which I don't care for much). They all sound pretty congested and flat on a Bifrost Uber. But If I had to pick, anything off of Absolution or Black Holes and Revelations would be ideal.
Thanks!!!

Just got my Bifrost MB hooked up, and sorry to report, it can't fix crapily recorded music.  Flat is flat.  I'm getting a lot less fatigue on Origin of Symmetry, which used to be fairly painful after just a couple songs.  I'm not getting that desire to turn down the volume after the Bifrost MB upgrade.  That harsh edge is gone.  So, that's something.  In fact, that's pretty awesome cause every time I turned down the volume I lost even more range.

EDIT:  Just noticed something on Space Dementia I never noticed before.  That's actually static at the end of the song.  I swear I couldn't tell before.  This is wild.

Thanks for checking into that. At least theres a bit of good news regarding fatigue. On the rest..well, you can't polish a turd.

Oct 10, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #439 of 2,799
  Must be my imagination. Everything sounds so much more forward--in a good way--like all the background layers that are less noticeable or buried in the mix are brought up to the forefront. Especially the vocals, so much more forward and sweeter. It almost makes me feel like the Uber was recessed in the mids. But than, that extends to everything with the Multibit: the bass, the mids, the treble, everything is improved in quality and quantity. Again by comparison, the Uber feels like it was more edgy and dryer and Multibit smoother and sweeter. Great tone and timber.  

A good way to look at it is as if they put a little "tube" (like the ones in the Vali) in the Uber Bifrost Dac. It just smoothes and sweetens everything.  

It's not your imagination.  Now you hear more of the music.  Now you can turn down the volume and still hear much better music SQ.  Try it - you'll like it.  Less fatigue and longer listening sessions.  It all works.  As we all say,  IMHO and YMMV.

Oct 11, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #442 of 2,799
  Welp... I (multi)bit. Bifrost Multibit on the way.

What are people calling it? Multifrost? Multibitfrost? Bambi?

I input Bifrost Multibit into an anagram generator, and OMG there are literally thousands to choose from.  Titbit Limbo Surf, Broil Butt Misfit, Bib Flirt I Utmost, Obit Blurt Misfit, and 39,000 more.  
So I think I'll go with the flow and say "Bimby".

Oct 11, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #443 of 2,799
  Welp... I (multi)bit. Bifrost Multibit on the way.

What are people calling it? Multifrost? Multibitfrost? Bambi?

Well, the chief digital architect (Mike Moffat of Schiit fame) called it the Bimby in this thread, so it's at least that "official."  I'm going with MultiFrost, cuz I'm a heretic 
evil_smiley.gif

Also, I was fond of UberFrost, and it follows that pattern. 

Oct 11, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #444 of 2,799
How about "BitFrost". I thought that was the the name of this DAC even before the MB upgrade LOL.

Oct 11, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #445 of 2,799
  How about "BitFrost". I thought that was the the name of this DAC even before the MB upgrade LOL.

Yes, I always got a chuckle when I saw people call the Bifrost that, but now, it seems, you may have the last laugh 
darthsmile.gif

Oct 11, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #446 of 2,799
Oct 11, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #448 of 2,799
It is called BeefRoast as I've read from another forum :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back