Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here.
Oct 8, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #316 of 2,799
You have a bad cough. Don't spread germs. Go home right now.

I have an MB at Home... I had a hard time leaving home the past 2 days. Wait rmoody coughed on me earlier i suddenly feel lightheaded and... I May have The Ebola,  I am self quarantining for 3 weeks to save Humanity. rmoody once your delivery has arrived I suggest you do the same.

Oct 8, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #317 of 2,799
I have an MB at Home... I had a hard time leaving home the past 2 days. Wait rmoody coughed on me earlier i suddenly feel lightheaded and... I May have The Ebola,  I am self quarantining for 3 weeks to save Humanity. rmoody once your delivery has arrived I suggest you do the same.

That's it guys. Take one for the team. :D

Oct 8, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #318 of 2,799
I have to brag on schiit some more now. I just got an email from Amy at Schiit and noted that my 2day fedex would make delivery on Monday but offered to see if I wanted Saturday delivery for an extra charge. Well, it's going to my office so no need but wow. Great great service with these guys. Every single time.

Yeah, she's a peach! Jason, let her get to a show sometime and play with the toys!

Oct 8, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #321 of 2,799
Looking forward to hearing impressions on the Multibit Bifrost, I will not be able order one till December. I have been a dancing fool and spontaneously spent money on a non schiit product lol. The act of sacrilege must be appeased lol. But the Cavalli house sound be intoxicating and hard to say no too. I only regret I can not afford the Cavalli liquid Glass, which is being discontinued.

Oct 8, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #322 of 2,799
Looking forward to hearing impressions on the Multibit Bifrost, I will not be able order one till December. I have been a dancing fool and spontaneously spent money on a non schiit product lol. The act of sacrilege must be appeased lol. But the Cavalli house sound be intoxicating and hard to say no too. I only regret I can not afford the Cavalli liquid Glass, which is being discontinued.

Mine will be here Monday.  I still have my Uberfrost so I'll try and do some A/B.  Now I will have a killer setup for the living room.  

Oct 8, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #323 of 2,799

Oct 8, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #324 of 2,799
The old module is in the package! :)

Oct 8, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #326 of 2,799
It took almost a minute to boot, blinking 3 leds in sequence. 
redface.gif

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #327 of 2,799
Mine just got here too
biggrin.gif
opening now

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #328 of 2,799
Ok, first impressions cold out of the box....

Moar bass, greater sense of impact at lower volumes, much less digital hash (and I never thought the Bifrost Uber had an issue in this regard), greater sense of space, and lovely decay of instruments. This is using Mac Mini, Wyrd, Lyr 2, and HE-500. As an example, on the latest album by Low in the second song there is a repetitive smashing of a cymbal (I think it's a cymbal). Before I didn't like listening to it and would usually skip the song to save my ears. With Bimby instead of sounding like aggressive digital hash it was pretty nice. I could hear more details with no ear pain. That so far is the most stand-out impression I've had in the first 15 minutes. Lovely. 

I'd say it's worth the $250 upgrade...even if it doesn't get better after warming up. 

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #329 of 2,799
I don't know if it's an expectation bias in me, but I love how it sounds. Very natural and effortless, without any "sizzle". Detail retrieval is very good.

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #330 of 2,799
  Ok, first impressions cold out of the box....

Moar bass, greater sense of impact at lower volumes, much less digital hash (and I never thought the Bifrost Uber had an issue in this regard), greater sense of space, and lovely decay of instruments. This is using Mac Mini, Wyrd, Lyr 2, and HE-500. As an example, on the latest album by Low in the second song there is a repetitive smashing of a cymbal (I think it's a cymbal). Before I didn't like listening to it and would usually skip the song to save my ears. With Bimby instead of sounding like aggressive digital hash it was pretty nice. I could hear more details with no ear pain. That so far is the most stand-out impression I've had in the first 15 minutes. Lovely. 

I'd say it's worth the $250 upgrade...even if it doesn't get better after warming up. 

Your review makes me wonder if the Multi-bit can save the Imagine Dragons album.  I love that album on a car or home stereo, but it's almost painful to listen to with headphones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back