Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here.
Oct 6, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #286 of 2,799

First post for me …

I ordered the “Uber” upgrade for my original (from February, 2012) BiFrost on 8/26/15.  There’s a little bit of a delay in the order shipping, but the board arrives, I install it (easy) and listen to it very happily.

This weekend rolls around and the 4490 and multi-bit upgrades are announced.  I’ve already decided to order Yggdrasil to go with the Ragnarok I also picked up in September, so I’m not that bothered about the timing.

Then I see the pictures of the new 4490 board on Schiit’s site …

I’m blessed/cursed (long story) with essentially perfect recall, particularly visually, so when I see the “BifrostupAna v1.51” screening on the pictures there is an immediate “What?” moment.  I’m 100% sure that’s what I saw on my board when I installed it!

Sure enough, I get home today, pull my BiFrost apart and there, on the “Uber” board, is the 4490, and the board entirely matches the pictures of the new 4490 offering.

So Schiit held my order for a few days, knowing that something new was coming, and shipped me the latest and greatest 4490 as a result!  No fanfare, no drama, just the nicest way I can think of to keep customers happy without having to announce something new before they wanted to!

Very pleased about this!

And it sounds wonderful – a definite and obvious upgrade … EASILY worth the $70 … a comparative review for which will be forthcoming shortly (still have my original board).

Oct 6, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #287 of 2,799
  Not to beat a dead horse here, but it's a bummer than it'll cost a whole $400 (the cost of a new Bifrost 4490) to upgrade my old Bifrost Uber (non-USB) to a Bifrost multi-bit with USB. I'm surprised that the USB module still costs so much, especially since all the Bifrosts now come with USB. On the other hand, I am impressed that the MB upgrade is priced so reasonably and accessibly to Bifrost owners. Can't wait to listen to it!

I just checked the Schiit site, and the 4490 upgrade is now up to $100, and the USB Gen 2 upgrade is down to $100. Am I just imagining things, or did Schiit listen to my feedback about the USB Gen 2 upgrade being too expensive? I am impressed!

Oct 6, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #288 of 2,799
Seriously dude, you need to tell your family you got the date of your birthday wrong
wink.gif

Just got home and hooked up the Bimby and Asgard 2.

OH MY..... 
dt880smile.png

Oct 6, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #290 of 2,799

I know right?

Happy birthday? :)

I have to wait until Thursday, it's worth it!

Yep. Thursday here too...

Expected Delivery Day: Thursday, October 8, 2015

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #293 of 2,799
Scheduled for Delivery tomorrow, which is convenient because I have been on the road since Sunday, returning home tomorrow.

Oct 7, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #294 of 2,799
That's great news! I just got notified mine arrived at their office today. If I were to have it back for the weekend that would be truly incredible.

Just a quick update:

Already got my shipping confirmation this morning that my Bifrost is on it's way back to me.  Their turn-around time is less than 24 hours.  That's really impressive.

Oct 7, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #295 of 2,799
Shame they can't get them to distributors in other countries so fast, got to wait at least a month before there is stock here in the UK :frowning2:.

Apparently its because you guys are buying them too much so there isn't enough stock to send to other countries! QQ

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #296 of 2,799
  Shame they can't get them to distributors in other countries so fast, got to wait at least a month before there is stock here in the UK :frowning2:.

Apparently its because you guys are buying them too much so there isn't enough stock to send to other countries! QQ

That's the only downside to a direct-sales approach. It becomes more difficult to send products to international distributors and markets when they get so much demand in the states. Also, they are manufactured in the US a few hundred miles from where I live so it is easier for me to get their product too.

Oct 7, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #299 of 2,799
  I just spoke to Mark at Electromod.co.uk. He reckons they'll hopefully be stocked in around three weeks after a conversation with Schiit this evening.

Yeah he just told me the same. Hopefully in that case I will be able to send it off in time for me to go on holiday and then have it waiting when I get back! :D

Schiit really chose good international distributors (well at least in the UK) they always respond fast to questions and don't give any BS answers which is nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back