Scary forum ?
Apr 1, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #16 of 42
Quote:
If your post was somehow bad, you more or less generally get a pm from a mod.

You can talk it over. Spamming just gets temp ban. Fraud is perma ban and ip is recorded.

The policies are pretty fair. 

Those who got banned are known for being a bit ragey. I like a lot of the people that were banned but I could definately see how they were. 

What's spamming?
Not too sure what it is in the context of a Head Fi forum. 
confused_face_2.gif

Apr 1, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #17 of 42
Quote:

What's spamming?
Not too sure what it is in the context of a Head Fi forum. 
confused_face_2.gif

HEY 
HEY
HEY YOU

GUESS WHAT!!

RAINBOWS!

Example.

Except its post after post after post of its ridiculosity.

We had a temp ban on a member of our thread once because he used size 500 font on his posts or something large.

Apr 1, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #18 of 42
Quote:

HEY 
HEY
HEY YOU

GUESS WHAT!!

RAINBOWS!

Example.

Except its post after post after post of its ridiculosity.

We had a temp ban on a member of our thread once because he used size 500 font on his posts or something large.

Ahhhh...
There was a person who used to post "Double Blind Tested?" all the time.
So didn't actually add anything constructive to the threads. 

Apr 1, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #21 of 42
Well, that clears it up.  That's the problem with delayed forum conversations.  
beerchug.gif

Quote:

Ahhhh...
I was talking about the members who were "Banned".
A lot of the Banned members appeared to me to be hard line Audio Objectivists.
I will say no more, I do not think it is appropriate for me to be discussing the bad habits of Banned members in a public forum.

Apr 1, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #22 of 42
Most mods are listed as mods or administrators in their profile badge.  If you don't get a PM from a mod, that means you're ok.  No worries!

Quote:
More like trolling you mean.

Btw, how can I tell if a member is a moderator ? There is no badge whatsoever in their profiles ?

Apr 1, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #23 of 42
Quote:
More like trolling you mean.

Btw, how can I tell if a member is a moderator ? There is no badge whatsoever in their profiles ?

It should say "Moderator".
Secret Agent 006 and I are "Headphoneus Supremus".
Their badge would read "Moderator"

Apr 1, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #26 of 42
Quote:

Ok then it's safe to say that no moderator / administrator commented on this thread. 

Just a tip:
You can use the red flag at the bottom left of this post (and every post) to report an offensive post.

So if I said something offensive in this post you could report me.

Apr 1, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #27 of 42
Quote:

Just a tip:
You can use the red flag at the bottom left of this post (and every post) to report an offensive post.

So if I said something offensive in this post you could report me.

Hmm, interesting
Quote:
I am just asking because sometimes I need to contact a moderator or Admin for some reason whatever it is but I can't tell if it's the right guy.

Jude
Currawong

I recommend Currawong. Jude generally has other stuff to worry about and Currawong is a people's person.
Quote:

Ok then it's safe to say that no moderator / administrator commented on this thread. 

they more or less don't even bother with Member's Lounge unless a report happens.

Apr 2, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #28 of 42
Hi.

I think the OP had the right idea that discussions of this topic don't serve much of a point.  It's a standing policy here that we (Mods/Admins) do not discuss bans in the forums.  If a member gets banned it's for a very good reason and not done offhand.

Apr 3, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #29 of 42
Hi.

I think the OP had the right idea that discussions of this topic don't serve much of a point.  It's a standing policy here that we (Mods/Admins) do not discuss bans in the forums.  If a member gets banned it's for a very good reason and not done offhand.

How does one become a moderator?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back