SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
May 6, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #196 of 1,093

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by setmenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The fuze,Clipv2 and Clip+ are now writable.
check:
SanDisk Sansa c200v2, m200v4, clipv1, clipv2, clip+, and fuzev2

I now have them on my V2 and plus.
All seems nice thus far with the clip+ having had more burps than the v2. [none so far for v2]

Great, very great news indeed.

But what the heck do you mean with "burps"?
confused.gif

Hehe, Hiccups!
I have not really listened to the rockboxed + at length , but it does seem to crash regularly when playing.
The V2 seems fine.

May 7, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #197 of 1,093
Awesome job on the new build!

May 7, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #198 of 1,093

Quote:
Awesome job on the new build!

+1, downloaded it yesterday. No crashes since, and it saves my EQ! I was almost ready to sell my clip, but now I'm thinking of trading it for a Fuze (better battery life).

EDIT: Does anyone know how/whether I can add songs on the Micro SD to the database so shuffle will play them? I tried updating the database but I don't think it updated to have the microSD songs.

EDIT: Never mind, just had to restart it.

May 8, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #199 of 1,093
Mine still crashes regularly and I noticed another thing: at the beginning of a track it will have faint but noticeable interference for a second or two, I assume while it caches the data into RAM, then it is as silent as ever, anyone else heard that?

May 8, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #200 of 1,093
Stumbled across the following in the abi forum which worked like a charm so far on the Clip+ (not a single reboot anymore)
Go to System -> Debug -> Cpu and enable boost. Sucks slightly more juice (someone mentioned he can do 14 instead of 16h both of which sound rather longer than the OF anyhow) but is rocksolid so far.

May 8, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #201 of 1,093

Quote:
Stumbled across the following in the abi forum which worked like a charm so far on the Clip+ (not a single reboot anymore)
Go to System -> Debug -> Cpu and enable boost. Sucks slightly more juice (someone mentioned he can do 14 instead of 16h both of which sound rather longer than the OF anyhow) but is rocksolid so far.

I see System -> Debug -> CPU frequency -> select value  '0' to infinity??

By enable boost you mean select '1' or ??

May 8, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #202 of 1,093
In my case I can simply press upwards and get boost_counter=1. That's what you want :)

I think it fails to save that, though. So on a reboot you would have to set it again :frowning2:

May 8, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #203 of 1,093
BTW, so far I have been using the iAmp theme, any other suggestions?

May 8, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #204 of 1,093

Quote:
BTW, so far I have been using the iAmp theme, any other suggestions?

By far my favorite one:
http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=324&target=sansaclipplus

EDIT: Mine has yet to cause any problems with Build 25881.

May 8, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #205 of 1,093
I like the theme with the progress on the top, it seems to mesh better with the dual color screen.

Out of curiosity, what kind of battery life do you guys get? I haven't tested it myself yet, but looking at the battery voltage/life test somebody posted on rockbox.org it seems to be about 10 hours. I use Crossfeed and EQ'ing though so mine may be a bit less.

May 9, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #207 of 1,093
So is rockbox stable on this now or is it still not there yet? I am pretty tempted in buying a clip+ to go with my PL30 for running and such :)

May 9, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #208 of 1,093
Stable enough for longer listening sessions now. It used to crash all over, but it hasn't once since I upgraded to the newest firmware. I'd recommend it for running.

May 9, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #209 of 1,093

Quote:
So is rockbox stable on this now or is it still not there yet? I am pretty tempted in buying a clip+ to go with my PL30 for running and such :)

As far as I know, it's still "unusable," but it actually works pretty well. Still freezes from time to time, but much better than before. Not sure what their criteria are for "unstable," but it seems like they could bump it back up to that one.

May 9, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #210 of 1,093

Quote:
As far as I know, it's still "unusable," but it actually works pretty well. Still freezes from time to time, but much better than before. Not sure what their criteria are for "unstable," but it seems like they could bump it back up to that one.

Yeah, it's a lot more stable now than the "unstable" versions in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back