RSA **Predator** A review in stages ** With some "NEW" images on 1st and page 64 . . .
Dec 21, 2007 at 12:47 PM Post #76 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't like visceral impact when I ride trains.... Decay is even worst when you talk about track condition. I really don't like great dynamic when I go on airliners....
eek.gif

If airlines are so safe, then why do they call them "terminals". That creates a picture of finality
biggrin.gif

It appears that Ray is going to feverishly be sending out mass amouts of predators in time for the day of birth of the being that is being celebrated on December 25th.

For everyone who receives one...Enjoy your new toy!

USB should stand for "Unbelievably Sexy Beast"

Dec 21, 2007 at 1:19 PM Post #77 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Train to Machu Picchu

I took the train to Machu Picchu a few years ago and as it swayed to and fro, to and fro over cliffs that overlooked the river hundreds of feet below, I wondered, will this train go cascading into the abyss below? To and fro and I knew that the wood ties were old and decaying and more than any train I have ever ridden on, this one swayed to and fro, to and fro and cascading to the abyss below I prayed I would not go.

I belive you post gave me motion sickness. Good Job!
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2007 at 1:49 PM Post #78 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To me that sounds like separate and impact and not necessarily dynamics. Stereophile defines dynamics and dynamic range as:

Stereophile: Sounds Like? An Audio Glossary

Now, I'm not saying that Stereophile is the end-all be-all for defining how we use words to describe music, but on the other hand there is something to be said for a standard language that is used to refer to things consistently so we can all infer the same thing from a subjective statement.

Perhaps that is what boomana is getting at as far as asking for qualifications. It can be difficult to interpret a review or impressions when you have to try to determine what the writer means by "dynamic, musical, bright,... etc.

just my 2 bits.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the link to the Glossary. Having some common reference points helps us not to get too far down this rabbit hole:

"‘When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said, in a rather scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean, neither more nor less.’

‘The question is,’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words mean so many different things.’

‘The question is,’ said Humpty Dumpty, ‘which is to be master – that’s all.’"

Dec 21, 2007 at 3:54 PM Post #80 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who loaned you a Predator? Why?

I want a loaner Predator too.

The Predator is from Ray, he wanted my impression of the sound good or bad. He asked that I just state what I hear and if I like it great and if I don't he could handle that fine, just be honest with him, which I am.

Dec 21, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #81 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who loaned you a Predator? Why?

I want a loaner Predator too.

Over the years, it has become a rather common practice for manufacturers to involve established Head-Fi'ers in evaluating prototypes. (Just do a search on these forums for "prototype.")

Dec 21, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #82 of 723
Quote:

Listening to Chris Isaaks "Forever Blue" the cut Forever Blue has never sound more holographic, deep and fluid. What a treat. Not all the songs sound like this but most of the album is enjoyable but Forever Blue right now is the most lifelike from headphones I have ever heard, something I have read about but never experienced. Don't know if it will last but it is fun for now.

This Is K2 HD Sound cd. Unbelievable right now.

Another one has been released? Thanks! I have the first K2 HD sampler CD and found it amazing, especially for evaluating gear. I'm going looking for the one you mentioned now.

Here's an idea for anyone interested:

I believe fkclo mentioned, here in the amp forum, the first K2HD cd released as a way to get people to find a common reference for how we form and compare our impressions. I can attest to the quality of the first. Perhaps other interested folk might check out these two (are there more already?) cds if they're getting a Predator. I'd love to hear opinions using the same excellent material.

EDIT: jamato8, I can't find the K2 HD cd you're referring to. The only new one I can locate is a Flamenco cd (I ordered). Can you help with a link?

Dec 21, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #83 of 723
Maybe that would be a good idea for the seller of an amp! Provide a test CD. This has often been done in the past but I can see where so many like to compare notes, as in this forum, it would actually come in very handy.

I am also finding very good air (the feeling that there is a natural space around performers and instruments and a true since of the acoustical space) and imaging with Eric Clapton's "Unplugged".

The site for the CD is:

First Impression Music Inc - Detail

Dec 21, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #85 of 723
I also mentioned Chris Isaak but it isn't on that label it is another CD I enjoy, if the system is up to it. Forever Blue

I had mentioned to Shopper that I do not like USB and I had not heard much good from it. I have done much reading on it since then and learned much. With the newer dacs, working with USB has made a convert out of me. I am glad how far they have come but I do wish there was also a method of using this truly as a portable.

I wonder what is the smallest USB output device?

Dec 21, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #86 of 723
Quote:

I have no idea. What I do know is that if some company comes out with a DAP that can act as a USB host which can feed a portable USB DAC/amp combo, or someone creates a really small device that merely acts as a hard drive space and as a USB transport to feed a USB dac, that thing would probably sell like hotcakes considering the popularity and influx of the various USB DAC/Amp designs that are coming out now.

Dec 21, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #87 of 723
Quote:

I also mentioned Chris Isaak but it isn't on that label it is another CD I enjoy, if the system is up to it. Forever Blue

Ah, I had combined the two in my mind. Too bad that it's not on K2 HD, I would have liked that immensely.

Dec 21, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #88 of 723
Quote:

Good chance it's the turtle beach audio advantage micro

Dec 21, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #89 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good chance it's the turtle beach audio advantage micro

I meant that would have storage (hard drive) and work like the laptop I am now using with the Predator or D1 USB's but be portable, as in easy to carry around. It would be easy enough to get 80 or more gigs on a 2.5 hard drive or 80 on a 1.8 hard drive and then the rest of the electronics in order to make it a readable and usable portable source for a USB dac/amp.

Dec 21, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #90 of 723
Quote:

I meant that would have storage (hard drive) and work like the laptop I am now using with the Predator or D1 USB's but be portable, as in easy to carry around. It would be easy enough to get 80 or more gigs on a 2.5 hard drive or 80 on a 1.8 hard drive and then the rest of the electronics in order to make it a readable and usable portable source for a USB dac/amp.

Ah... it's possible to use the Nokia 810 tablet that way, i believe, and it's pretty darn small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back