RSA **Predator** A review in stages ** With some "NEW" images on 1st and page 64 . . .
Dec 21, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #61 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never seen a train go off a cliff. Cars maybe, but never a train.
wink.gif

However, trains do get derailed (I kid).

Train to Machu Picchu

I took the train to Machu Picchu a few years ago and as it swayed to and fro, to and fro over cliffs that overlooked the river hundreds of feet below, I wondered, will this train go cascading into the abyss below? To and fro and I knew that the wood ties were old and decaying and more than any train I have ever ridden on, this one swayed to and fro, to and fro and cascading to the abyss below I prayed I would not go.

Dec 21, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #62 of 723
biggrin.gif

Excellent review of that train ride. I felt as if I was actually there, swaying and looking down the cliff.
It had both impact and mortal decay.

Dec 21, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #63 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

Excellent review of that train ride. I felt as if I was actually there, swaying and looking down the cliff.
It had both impact and mortal decay.

How do you mean "impact"? do you mean it changed the way you now view trains, that it made you think more about the fragile nature of being human, please explain. L O L

Dec 21, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #64 of 723
im·pact
Pronunciation: \im-ˈpakt\
Function: verb
Etymology: Latin impactus, past participle of impingere to push against — more at impinge
Date: 1601
transitive verb
1 a: to fix firmly by or as if by packing or wedging b: to press together
2 a: to have a direct effect or impact on : impinge on b: to strike forcefully; also : to cause to strike forcefully
intransitive verb
1: to have an impact —often used with on
2: to impinge or make contact especially forcefully

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Dec 21, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #65 of 723
deleted image

Dec 21, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #68 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by OptionTrader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am very interested in a Predator which is why I am reading this thread.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of talking but nothing is being said.

The sad thing is the veterans leads us to wrong direction like me as newbie
frown.gif

Lets focus on our goal and respect each other opinion.

Peace to all!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 21, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #69 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by basman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The sad thing is the veterans leads us to wrong direction like me as newbie
frown.gif

Which veterans and how so?

EDIT: and by which veterans, I do not mean to single anyone out; just which particular line of thinking do you feel is leading you in the wrong direction?

Dec 21, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #70 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by OptionTrader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am very interested in a Predator which is why I am reading this thread.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of talking but nothing is being said.

X2

So let's stay on the topic...How does it compare to the Hornet especially with IEMs in terms of SQ and hiss issues?

Dec 21, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #72 of 723
So I am finding out. I just want to give the best information I can so people who want to read this don't have to read through information either from me or anyone else that doesn't go to the heart of what I am hearing. If someone doesn't understand something I write then email me and I will try and clarify, if I can and I will clarify the post I have made.

Dec 21, 2007 at 6:53 AM Post #73 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I am finding out. I just want to give the best information I can so people who want to read this don't have to read through information either from me or anyone else that doesn't go to the heart of what I am hearing. If someone doesn't understand something I write then email me and I will try and clarify, if I can and I will clarify the post I have made.

Please continue your good works. Most of us know how to sort out noises. Trolls are everywhere, and you don't want them to contact you directly.

I do take opportunities to have fun in some situation, but there is no way or any mean of disrespect.

Dec 21, 2007 at 7:39 AM Post #74 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People are very passionate for or against Ray's products.

What the heck does that have to do with anyone's posts in this thread?
confused.gif

jamato8, I, too, look forward to more impressions since you have a different Predator than the one I heard. Ray told me he brought a different board to the NYC meet than was in Florida, and I've been curious ever since, which is why I asked for a clarification of your terms. I was trying to understand, and I thank you for your answer. It helped.

In fairness, though, if someone has a question looking for clarity in a review, why does that need to be done in private? It's a public review in a public forum. My question seems to have tipped off a mini-debate about definitions, which only goes to show that others misunderstood as well. You may have gotten the brunt of a growing frustration many of us have with impressions and reviews, and I respect how you have handled it, but if someone has taken on the responsibility of posting about a product no one else has, especially one as interesting as the Predator, it should be okay to question the things said in the review. Maybe threads will be taken off the main topic for a minute if people have a clash in ideas (that's where mods can step in if needed), but if it ultimately benefits how others interpret your findings, I think it's for the good of the community, and even, in this specific case, the Predator.

Dec 21, 2007 at 7:45 AM Post #75 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What the heck does that have to do with anyone's posts in this thread?
confused.gif

jamato8, I, too, look forward to more impressions since you have a different Predator than the one I heard. Ray told me he brought a different board to the NYC meet than was in Florida, and I've been curious ever since, which is why I asked for a clarification of your terms. I was trying to understand, and I thank you for your answer. It helped.

In fairness, though, if someone has a question looking for clarity in a review, why does that need to be done in private? It's a public review in a public forum. My question seems to have tipped off a mini-debate about definitions, which only goes to show that others misunderstood as well. You may have gotten the brunt of a growing frustration many of us have with impressions and reviews, and I respect how you have handled it, but if someone has taken on the responsibility of posting about a product no one else has, especially one as interesting as the Predator, it should be okay to question the things said in the review. Maybe threads will be taken off the main topic for a minute if people have a clash in ideas (that's where mods can step in if needed), but if it ultimately benefits how others interpret your findings, I think it's for the good of the community, and even, in this specific case, the Predator.

There is nothing wrong with healthy debate but sometimes it can run so long that the topic of the thread is lost. I understand what you wanted to know and the reason I mentioned a private email was so that the thread could stay on track and I would then further clarify in the thread what I mean. I am also a critical care nurse and a visual anthropologist and I am working on a book besides doing everything else so I do get tired. I will keep listening and stating the best I can what I am hearing and how I relate to what i am hearing. Puts two fingers together and plays the worlds smallest violin. :^)

Listening to Chris Isaaks "Forever Blue" the cut Forever Blue has never sound more holographic, deep and fluid. What a treat. Not all the songs sound like this but most of the album is enjoyable but Forever Blue right now is the most lifelike from headphones I have ever heard, something I have read about but never experienced. Don't know if it will last but it is fun for now.

This Is K2 HD Sound cd. Unbelievable right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back