Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Nov 1, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #1,096 of 1,316
I separated the DX90 but for me, the RockBox port remained stable throughout
wink.gif

Thank you to those who have made this possible 
cool.gif

Nov 7, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #1,097 of 1,316
  In an old version of Adobe Photoshop (I'm running it right now) it is called "Progressive" and has "Number of scans" corresponding value. "Baseline" is the format that Mango accepts.

Thanks for this Lurker0.

Actually though, I am not "getting" my album art covers from anywhere which then asks me to "save as" and I am not opening it in an editor.  I simply rip my cd to FLAC in dbpoweramp, and the album art usually appears.  Or when occasionally no album art shows as a default, there is an option to find other choices of covers but it never asks you to "save as".  This then results in the artwork becoming embedded in each track and also as a separate jpeg in the album folder.  Until I came across the recent one that doesn't show in Mango, I never had any problems with the album art showing and so I didn't need to reformat them.  So perhaps I need to have a look at the problem jpeg (which as you say must be interlaced) and open it up to see if I can save it as a different format.

Nov 8, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #1,099 of 1,316
... not really. Rockbox is not the most active project in the open source world these days.
Since gerrit authentication with google has been updated, thre has been some activity, but mainly for iPod Classic.
More interesting for you would be if napka would come out with optimisations he did for the dx90 port. But since almost everything is working perfectly there is almost nothing that needs to be optimized :wink:

Nov 8, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #1,100 of 1,316
Is the shuffle on rockbox any good?

I know this is more of a rockbox per se question, more than it is with the dx90

But the shuffle on mango is horrible
exempli gratia:

1. Song A
2. Song B
3. Song C...
4. Song F
5.Song... Z
ad infinitum

What happens if I have only 5 songs (i don't, I made it short for example),  It will play say, Song A -> song Z  -> song A.... What I want is, that after  song A is played the first time, it won't be played until after every other song is played, this is true shuffle.   Going  Song A  ->  B  -> A  ->F  -> B  -> A, is just random, not shuffle! (imo anyway :p )

This is more of a pet peeve as my last DAP to have real shuffle was the creative zen vision:m

Nov 9, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #1,101 of 1,316
It is like you call shuffle, not random.
Rockbox works with playlist, so unshuffled is normal order and when you switch to shuffle it is reordered and current song is song nr. 1 of the newly shuffeled playlist.

Nov 9, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #1,102 of 1,316
... not really. Rockbox is not the most active project in the open source world these days.
Since gerrit authentication with google has been updated, thre has been some activity, but mainly for iPod Classic.
More interesting for you would be if napka would come out with optimisations he did for the dx90 port. But since almost everything is working perfectly there is almost nothing that needs to be optimized :wink:

I've pushed all my changes to gerrit. Single exception is a little patch to disable second CPU core which solves playback issues.

Nov 9, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #1,103 of 1,316
It is like you call shuffle, not random.
Rockbox works with playlist, so unshuffled is normal order and when you switch to shuffle it is reordered and current song is song nr. 1 of the newly shuffeled playlist.

That is exactly what I don't like about the rockbox type of shuffle: the reordering of the playlist. I want the play-order shuffled, not the playlist. With rockbox type shuffle, I always have to unshuffle to get the normal order if I ever want to find a specific song. Then put shuffle back on again after I found the song. It's has a lot of unnecessary actions, if you ask me.

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #1,109 of 1,316
@groovyd, @kevindiu Here's it, as simple as:

diff --git a/firmware/target/hosted/ibasso/system-ibasso.c b/firmware/target/hosted/ibasso/system-ibasso.c
index 45a6514..b00daf2 100644
--- a/firmware/target/hosted/ibasso/system-ibasso.c
+++ b/firmware/target/hosted/ibasso/system-ibasso.c
@@ -67,6 +67,10 @@ void system_init(void)
     {
         DEBUGF("ERROR %s: Can not set WM8740 lock.", __func__);
     }
+
+    FILE *f = fopen("/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online", "w");
+    fprintf(f, "%s\n", "0");
+    fclose(f);
 }

Nov 15, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #1,110 of 1,316
assuming it also needs #include <stdio.h> up top?

does this improve battery life or sound quality at all for you?  the only issue I ever had was a bit of crackling sound after an hour or so of listening which goes away after a re-power.  hopefully this helps with that? is there any way to verify the second core is indeed shut off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back