Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Nov 15, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #1,111 of 1,316
  assuming it also needs #include <stdio.h> up top?

does this improve battery life or sound quality at all for you?  the only issue I ever had was a bit of crackling sound after an hour or so of listening which goes away after a re-power.  hopefully this helps with that? is there any way to verify the second core is indeed shut off?

Yes, I guess it needs stdio. Or you can do it rockbox-ish way.
It looks like this helps with cracklings and volume downfalls. Rockbox multithreading is weak on multiple cores, at least with android.
You can read /proc/cpuinfo to view CPU state. There should be an entry for every core of every CPU.

Nov 19, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #1,112 of 1,316
I have a problem with the WPS screen. I don't know how I changed it but now it shows the on hold screen instead of the normal screen.

As an example, I use this theme: http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=524&target=cowond2

It shows the screen on the right instead of the screen on the left.

How can I return to the main WPS screen?

Nov 21, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #1,113 of 1,316
I've been running rockbox on my DX90 with Napych's latest (from 2015.06.09) as well as the firmware 2.3.0 + L1

I have not had any issues with this for some months of regular use, but suddenly in the last week or two, a number of random and very annoying glitches have started popping up regularly:

1) When trying to play music files through the USB OTG port, the player has trouble reading them (even though they are in the database) and I usually have to reboot once or twice to get the player to read those files. This problem seems to be worsening with each day. It was never a problem before.

2) When I play any album (regardless of where it is stored - USB, internal memory or microsd card) at about 6 seconds into the first track, there is a sudden gap in the playback for about a second.

3) The touch buttons (stop, play, etc) on the front of the DX90 randomly stop working and I have to press them 5 - 6 times before they start working again.

It's all very strange, none of this was happening before and now suddenly all three of these glitches have started together and are worsening.

I tried a factory reset, but it did not change anything.

Any other suggestions?

Nov 22, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #1,119 of 1,316
I rememer I had a problem with some albums. It turned out they had a huge cover art images. Try to use default simple theme without cover arts display to find out if it's related to this problem.

Nov 22, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #1,120 of 1,316
  Try to move config file somewhere and reboot player to check if it's configuration-related. If it doesn't help, try to re-flash firmware.

Thanks for the suggestions

Config.cfg - which is in the .rockbox folder - Where exactly should I move it? Do you mean remove it from the player completely? Move it to another folder on the player?
Let me know and I'll then try both suggestions

Nov 22, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #1,121 of 1,316
  Thanks for the suggestions

Config.cfg - which is in the .rockbox folder - Where exactly should I move it? Do you mean remove it from the player completely? Move it to another folder on the player?
Let me know and I'll then try both suggestions

Move it anywhere, so you can restore your settings later.

Nov 24, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #1,122 of 1,316
  Try to move config file somewhere and reboot player to check if it's configuration-related. If it doesn't help, try to re-flash firmware.

I tried both of these suggestions. I even deleted rockbox completely from the DX90, and did a fresh download and recopied it to the DX90, re-flashed the latest firmware, factory reset, etc. and nothing has helped.

With the USB files - if I go to the "files" section of the menu in rockbox, it can read and play the music files through the USB port - BUT if I try to scan the USB for inclusion in the database, it does not show up in the database, even though when I am selecting the USB files for inclusion in the scanning, it does register that they are there (note that I have done this many times before and it always worked, showing up in my database, it only stopped working a couple weeks ago)

I also tried scanning the USB files into the database from Mango, and same thing - it does not include it in the database after scanning.

And, the gap in playback at 6 seconds on EVERY album is still there, plus the intermittently non responsive buttons on the front of the player - these two things also showed up at the same time as the USB reading issues, and I never had any these issues before.

Very strange. Any other suggestions.

Nov 24, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #1,123 of 1,316
  I tried both of these suggestions. I even deleted rockbox completely from the DX90, and did a fresh download and recopied it to the DX90, re-flashed the latest firmware, factory reset, etc. and nothing has helped.

With the USB files - if I go to the "files" section of the menu in rockbox, it can read and play the music files through the USB port - BUT if I try to scan the USB for inclusion in the database, it does not show up in the database, even though when I am selecting the USB files for inclusion in the scanning, it does register that they are there (note that I have done this many times before and it always worked, showing up in my database, it only stopped working a couple weeks ago)

I also tried scanning the USB files into the database from Mango, and same thing - it does not include it in the database after scanning.

And, the gap in playback at 6 seconds on EVERY album is still there, plus the intermittently non responsive buttons on the front of the player - these two things also showed up at the same time as the USB reading issues, and I never had any these issues before.

Very strange. Any other suggestions.

+1 did almost exactly the same thing and the 6 seconds happens to me, albeit randomly.  Same goes for the unresponsive buttons, though for 2-3 seconds randomly as well.

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #1,125 of 1,316

sounds like a hardware problem queueing up the track must be a bad flash card.  I would return it for a full refund.

My version of this problem just randomly popped up after over a year of flawless performance. Bad news, as my players is past the warranty coverage date (assuming it is one year) and I am currently living in an obscure part of the planet where returning it would be next to impossible :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back