Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Apr 6, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #571 of 2,020
Me too mate,I never used rockbox until it became available on the dx50 and now i really like it...would be amazing if we could have it on dx90 too :)..

Apr 6, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #573 of 2,020
Never had the problem before. No reports yet from those who have installed rockbox. I say that issue does not exist on RB.

Apr 7, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #579 of 2,020
Now that the DX90 has been released (just a few hours ago), I'm curious as to how long it will take for someone to get around to putting RockBox on it...
popcorn.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

If you bought more than one DX90, sending one to xzcc's direction will definitely help start work soon
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 7, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #580 of 2,020
How easy and safe is it to Rockbox this device? Doing it on my Clip+ was a breeze, but i've rooted and flashed several Android devices and i never felt the procedure was really all that safe, and things never did go quite as smoothly as i had hoped (though everything worked in the end). The possibility of bricking a device like this makes me queasy. 

Apr 7, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #581 of 2,020
How easy and safe is it to Rockbox this device? Doing it on my Clip+ was a breeze, but i've rooted and flashed several Android devices and i never felt the procedure was really all that safe, and things never did go quite as smoothly as i had hoped (though everything worked in the end). The possibility of bricking a device like this makes me queasy. 

Rockbox on DX50 is working very well and flashing it on them is relatively simple and a breeze too. :) The first post have got the necessary instructions for it.

Apr 9, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #582 of 2,020
Sorry for the dumb question, but can you install this using a Mac?  I dl'd the first item, but the recovery item site is in Russian and I'm not sure what I'm getting.  

Thanks

Apr 9, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #584 of 2,020
Thanks- second dumb question.  The directions are a bit unclear to me.  Am I correct in that I need to install the Russian zip as a whole into iBasso as per a firmware update, then the Rockbox zip after that?  It makes a comment about installing an Update ISO as usual.  Could someone give this to me in simple terms (I'm a simple guy).  I can handle all kinds of things if they are clear, or once I know what is expected, but first times  can be tricky.

Thanks.  

Apr 9, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #585 of 2,020
Thanks- second dumb question.  The directions are a bit unclear to me.  Am I correct in that I need to install the Russian zip as a whole into iBasso as per a firmware update, then the Rockbox zip after that?  It makes a comment about installing an Update ISO as usual.  Could someone give this to me in simple terms (I'm a simple guy).  I can handle all kinds of things if they are clear, or once I know what is expected, but first times  can be tricky.

Thanks.  

1. Take the update.img out from the Russian zip, system update in Mango
2. Go to recovery (boot with power+vol up)
3. Install rockbox zip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back